Alright, who wants a dome?

Roundybout

Dome??  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Should Pegs build a dome?

It was a completely pointless game.  A coin toss that the Bills got very lucky on.  I always prefer any game in any sport to be decided by who is the better team.  There was no better team yesterday, it was all horse ****.

Also, almost all of the "no" votes would have gone the other way had the Bills lost and it had knocked them out of the playoffs.

Edited by CodeMonkey
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

It was a completely pointless game.  A coin toss that the Bills got very lucky on.  I always prefer any game in any sport to be decided by who is the better team.  There was no better team yesterday, it was all horse ****.

Isn't it fun with a 7-6 playoff contender with this performance???

A dome would be better for events other than just 8 (or 10 including playoffs) real football games.

Minnesota went back to the elements for baseball and football and that's crazy for the first sport.

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

You think they liked losing the $$$$ with a 1/3rd stadium?

Newsflash this is a Business

I get your argument, but how much will the Pegulas have to kick in to buy a new stadium?  I'd imagine that is a larger deterrent than 1/3 of the stadium not filled in blizzard conditions.

I don't mind a retractable dome to get more out of the stadium for other venues, but if built the dome should be open for every Bills football game.  

I know it was a sloppy game... but it was also rough, physical, and mentally taxing on the players.  Yesterday was all about sound fundamentals rather than spicy passing attacks or crazy trick plays.  

I am extremely pleased to have watched that game.  It's a memory I will cherish for years.  The snowy celebration with the fans at the end was something very special, and if you don't see that I feel sorry for you.  You're missing out.  

It's true that I would be more likely to go to a winter game if the stadium were domed, but I've already gone to a few Bills games in various conditions and I prefer to watch from the comfort of my home.  

Edited by Capco
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm in the build a retractable dome group....as a fan, I wouldn't want to spend all that time in a blizzard. As a father, I don't want to bring my 5 year old daughter to a game like that and as person watching at home, it was still difficult to watch because the aesthetics were unpleasant. 

All in all, I like domes, and consider Minnesota and Indy getting Super Bowls....not totally out of the realm of possibilities that it could come to Buffalo if a dome were built.

Question:  who here has seen a game in a dome recently?

Just curious if anyone has actually seen an NFL game in one of the modern indoor stadiums (and, no, Toronto does NOT count - ever)?  Just lots of "the atmosphere is stale" comments, but folks in Indy and Minny seem to like their new homes.

Like I said, was in Minny's stadium (though not for a football game) and it was beautiful, definitely made me change my opinion of what an indoor stadium could be.

Just curious if everyone is going off of actual game day experiences, or off of gut...

12 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I get your argument, but how much will the Pegulas have to kick in to buy a new stadium?  I'd imagine that is a larger deterrent than 1/3 of the stadium not filled in blizzard conditions.

And the County as well I am sure they want it used more than just football and nothing in the winter.

No to a dome.  Yes I went yesterday.

How many yes votes came from guys who were watching from their couch yesterday?

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah i am sure Pegula’s LOVED the 1/3rd filled Stadium in a game that Bills need to win to keep their season alive. 

Seeing it in person, I can confidently say the stadium was about 60-70% full.

Hard to imagine the Bills spending about a Billion dollars on a new stadium and risk the weather keeping 10-20k fans away from the games like was the case yesterday. 

If you're going to spend money on a stadium, you spend money on a stadium that will be inclusive to as many people as possible regardless of what the weather is like. A dome makes the weather irrelevant to the elderly and the young, and you avoid situations like yesterday where there are thousands of empty seats because people don't want to go freeze their you know what off in the freezing cold for 4-6 hours depending on when you arrive to tailgate. 

Edited by jrober38

1 hour ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

I didnt say the upper deck wasnt empty in the 4th did I? Think it might have had something to do with people leaving early in the middle of a major weather event so they could get home alive? Now I know what its like to have a debate with Charlie Manson.

You have now entered THE TWILIGHT ZONE!

but this is buffalo weather, hardy fans...they left early????

16 hours ago, Dan said:

How many snow games have there been in Buffalo in the last several years?

Tasker, who's played quite a bit of football in Buffalo, said it was the worst he's ever seen.

Perhaps people are over reacting bit to the conditions?

This is how football should be played.  The elements should be part of the game.   Yeah, speed andprecision may suffer, but strength, coaching, mental fortitude become part of the game.  IMO, this was one of the most exciting games I've seen in years.   The refs let the teams play for once and the players fought tough as hell for the full game. There was an element of the unknown to every kick, pass, or run.  It was exciting and fun to watch.

No way should any team have a dome. 

why is this how football should be played?  99% of all games are placed in ideal weather conditions.  It's certainly a spectacle when it happens, but it's hardly how games should be played.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

but this is buffalo weather, hardy fans...they left early????

why is this how football should be played?  99% of all games are placed in ideal weather conditions.  It's certainly a spectacle when it happens, but it's hardly how games should be played.

Your criticizing the fans for leaving early? You are beyond stupid. Remember the storm where people died a few years ago? I do. About 6 feet total in a 24-48 hour period. The weather forecast kept say it was going to stop and it didnt until we had 6 feet on the ground. But your probably the guy whose out on the golf course in the middle of a lightning storm so you probably wouldnt get the concept.

5 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Your criticizing the fans for leaving early? You are beyond stupid. Remember the storm where people died a few years ago? I do. About 6 feet total in a 24-48 hour period. The weather forecast kept say it was going to stop and it didnt until we had 6 feet on the ground. But your probably the guy whose out on the golf course in the middle of a lightning storm so you probably wouldnt get the concept.

Yes I am, did they not know it would be like that when they got up in the morning?  And no, I don't go out on the course during a lightening storm. I wouldn't be there in the first place since I check the weather forecast first.

40 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Just curious if anyone has actually seen an NFL game in one of the modern indoor stadiums (and, no, Toronto does NOT count - ever)?  Just lots of "the atmosphere is stale" comments, but folks in Indy and Minny seem to like their new homes.

Like I said, was in Minny's stadium (though not for a football game) and it was beautiful, definitely made me change my opinion of what an indoor stadium could be.

Just curious if everyone is going off of actual game day experiences, or off of gut...

Been to the Carrier Dome back in the day when SU was pretty good and that place was rockin. 

11 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

And if you are going to call other people stupid, you should first learn the difference between 'your' and 'you're'. Just sayin

11 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Yes I am, did they not know it would be like that when they got up in the morning?  And no, I don't go out on the course during a lightening storm. I wouldn't be there in the first place since I check the weather forecast first.

the weather forecast....

flip a coin would be better.

43 minutes ago, Heitz said:

i've  been to many games in the stadium here in Phoenix. It's a great stadium. I will say, I've been to some great bowl games here so the atmosphere is always electric. (Boise St/Oklahoma was the most amazing game to see in person)

Cardinal fans are pretty supportive and really enthusiastic, usually a fun time. Bills have had good success here too.

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

the weather forecast....

flip a coin would be better.

So were you caught off guard by the weather yesterday?

1 hour ago, Capco said:

I don't mind a retractable dome to get more out of the stadium for other venues, but if built the dome should be open for every Bills football game.  

This is a ridiculous suggestion. They should build a domed stadium, and then open the roof on days when it is pouring rain, freezing cold,  or snow is falling? I'm sure the majority of fans would be pissed off if they did...except for a small minority who think it would be cool or advantage to the Bills to open the roof in bad elements.

They shouldn't even bother with the retractable roof.  It will be a waste of money.  Build the dome with a roof that can't be opened, and then it will never be a question, wether to open or close.

Edited by LabattBlue

Just now, LabattBlue said:

This is a ridiculous suggestion. They should build a domed stadium, and then open the roof on days when it is pouring rain, freezing cold,  or snow is falling? I'm sure the majority of fans would be pissed off if they did...except for a small minority who think it would be cool or advantage to the Bills to open the roof in bad elements.

They shouldn't even bother with the retractable roof.  It will be a waste of money.  Build the dome with a roof that can't be opened, and then it will never be a a question, wether to open or close.

Totally agree.

Just build in Buffalo a version or Ford Field and 95% of the fan base will be happy. They'll also add a bunch of fans who refuse to go to games when the weather is bad.