Around the NFL Week 14 - Who to Root For

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, gr8billsfan said:

I take it we want the Chargers to win, so they tie KC's record.  Then if they win the West, we have the upper hand with our W over the Chiefs.  

Good win by Bears. 

Chargers play chiefs next week, we want them to win that game but just in case, it’s  good they lose this week

The Ravens beating the Steelers isn't the worst thing. 

I don't think we're catching them regardless with how easy their remaining schedule is after that game. They have a win on us already and the tiebreaker. If we were to lose to the Patriots then they'd have to lose three of their last 4 (@ Steelers, @ Browns, Colts, Bengals

The Titans are the team we can hope to catch.

Now why is the Ravens beating the Steelers not a bad thing? Because if the Steelers lose to them and the Patriots next week and the Jaguars lose one more game (possibly this Seattle game) then the Patriots would have homefield advantage locked up and they could rest Brady the final two games (second to last being against the Bills). Would they rest him two games in a row? Maybe.

The Chiefs beat the Raiders, so I think it's now better if the Chargers lose.  One of them is going to win the division.  Neither has a terribly difficult remaining schedule except for the fact that they play each other next week.  I think the Chargers schedule might be a bit more difficult.   If the Chargers go on to lose today, and the Chiefs can beat them next week, the best they can finish is 8-8.  Buffalo can finish ahead of the Chargers for the wild card spot with 2 more wins.  

15 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

The Ravens beating the Steelers isn't the worst thing. 

I don't think we're catching them regardless with how easy their remaining schedule is after that game. They have a win on us already and the tiebreaker. If we were to lose to the Patriots then they'd have to lose three of their last 4 (@ Steelers, @ Browns, Colts, Bengals

The Titans are the team we can hope to catch.

Now why is the Ravens beating the Steelers not a bad thing? Because if the Steelers lose to them and the Patriots next week and the Jaguars lose one more game (possibly this Seattle game) then the Patriots would have homefield advantage locked up and they could rest Brady the final two games (second to last being against the Bills). Would they rest him two games in a row? Maybe.

The Ravens do not own a tiebreaker on the Bills if they both finish 9-7. It's currently an unknown as it would come down to strength of victory pctg which cannot be calculated yet. The Bills will not beat the Patriots, regardless of if the Pats need the game or not. B.B. Has not historically rested players certainly not for two weeks . The Ravens are their best shot. If they lose to PIt they would have to lose vs CIN on final week. Then see how the TB works out. Their may be other ways, but TEN isn't collapsing at this point. 

15 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

The Chiefs beat the Raiders, so I think it's now better if the Chargers lose.  One of them is going to win the division.  Neither has a terribly difficult remaining schedule except for the fact that they play each other next week.  I think the Chargers schedule might be a bit more difficult.   If the Chargers go on to lose today, and the Chiefs can beat them next week, the best they can finish is 8-8.  Buffalo can finish ahead of the Chargers for the wild card spot with 2 more wins.  

The Chiefs are still a better bet than the Chargers to lose more games. LAC are p,aging better than them right now