Should Bills pass on Draft Prospects that

MAJBobby

18 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Well don't forget McDermott and Beane are culture guys so this will mean passing on plenty of good talents because of work ethic, character concerns. 

We will see how far they get..my guess is not very. It's a coaches job to make players buy in....obviously this is asking too much.

I completely disagree !

What's asking too much - is giving your new HC about 3 years or less  to build this team in to playoff contender , and then dictating/or having any influence on which players he needs to get !!

14 hours ago, klos63 said:

Just wondering, is this an issue, or are you just curious in case it happens?

I have read a couple places that it turns teams off when it started happening a couple years ago. Not sure if it is a wide spread or even here in Buffalo that it does. 

But with the DNA and Earn it stuff from this regime makes me wonder if skipping a Bowl Game would matter to them

14 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Its football. Injuries happen

people said  Luck should skip his entire RS JR year and then enter the draft 

Baker doesn't have much to lose by playing. He is a late first - early second round guy. If he blows out his knee he will still go top 2-3 rounds

Jaylon smith did nerve damage to his knee and was still taken in the second 

And some guys do fall out of day 2 with injury. Each injury, player and gm is different 

even a minor slide from 5 to 7 on a handful of qb boards can bounce you pretty far (or change nothing in other cases)

52 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I have read a couple places that it turns teams off when it started happening a couple years ago. Not sure if it is a wide spread or even here in Buffalo that it does. 

But with the DNA and Earn it stuff from this regime makes me wonder if skipping a Bowl Game would matter to them

Its a fair debate. two equal prospects and one makes business decisions and the other runs through brick walls every Saturday simply because he loves the game- which do you take?

how far does the other one drop? A couple slots? Pull him completely? 

I think the guy that sits ends up losing all “tie breakers” but wouldn’t drop him behind clearly lesser players 

12 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Anyone who skips a bowl game is selfish, money hunger person.  No need for them

What an asnine take

10 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

And some guys do fall out of day 2 with injury. Each injury, player and gm is different 

even a minor slide from 5 to 7 on a handful of qb boards can bounce you pretty far (or change nothing in other cases)

Its a fair debate. two equal prospects and one makes business decisions and the other runs through brick walls every Saturday simply because he loves the game- which do you take?

I think the guy that sits ends up losing all “tie breakers” but wouldn’t drop him behind clearly lesser players 

Yeah i can get on boar with that. 5 equally graded players the guy that sits the bowl would lose out to the other 4. 

I think that is the extent I am taking any downgrade though. 

...any idea what would happen to this place if OBD tagged guys pre-draft with "no thanks" for skipping bowl game and YOUR guy(s) were right there when Buffalo picked but passed?....oh boy......should be a REAL boon to season tix sales.........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

For sure some injuries can change the game 

but when top top prospects get hurt it usually doesn't slide them from the first to the 6th

a fringe Prospect who gets injured can be taken off boards entirely though 

Bills should look at all prospects. They should be judged primarily on their college career in the games they played. The combine matters to a degree, but it's what they do on the field. Whether or not they play in a bowl game doesn't matter.

If they have 24 games or more of on field experience, that's what they should go off of.