Favorite Christmas Song

Another Fan

Burl Ives and Holly Jolly Christmas is #1. It’s a family thing.  But I worked with a guy who was so moved by Oh Holy Night almost any version still gets to me 25 years later. 

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Little Drummer Boy

Another very fine choice! The sounds of the Christmas season. 

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I always had a soft spot in my heart for “Wonderful Christmas Time” by McCartney. 

Paul McCartney is probably my most favorite musician of all time.

That said ... while I don't hate the song, per se, it is WAY over produced and overly corny.  I can see why people don't like it.

I have friend "in the industry," ... let's just say he's "significant."  He gave the same, exact critique of this song.  You have a good ear, Fergs!

1 hour ago, Bills4everNY said:

Traditional: We Three Kings

Non-traditional: Snoopy's Christmas

Both good choices.

My favorite traditional x-mas song is still Bing Crosby's "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas"

Favorite Rock n Roll Christmas song has always been "Run Rudolph Run" by Chuck Berry.

Edit:  Worst of all time is "The Christmas Shoes"

Edited by Doc Brown

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I always had a soft spot in my heart for “Wonderful Christmas Time” by McCartney. 

Paul McCartney is probably my most favorite musician of all time.

That said ... while I don't hate the song, per se, it is WAY over produced and overly corny.  I can see why people don't like it.

I liked Lennon's "Happy X-mas (War Is Over)" more.  Both fit their style of music perfectly and why they made some of the best music ever when they collaborated.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

Lots of great answers given already, but if you ever find yourself heartbroken on Christmas this song by Joni Mitchell is a true masterpiece. 

I dare you to watch this one and not laugh out loud and feel a little bit better about humanity when it's over. 

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

51 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If I live to be 300 and never hear another note from this band between now and the day I die, I'd die a happy man.

I'm not a huge BNL fan either but I like their version of this song.

Here is another I really like.

Edited by frostbitmic