Top five qb in Bills history

17 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

I get your point. The 9ers have arguably the best QBs ever. Try a team like Pittsburgh, Bears, Lions, Browns, and you see long stretches of mediocrity under center. 

Vaild point.  The 49ers are an atypical example.  But I don't think the Bills Top Five list is going to compare well with many clubs. 

Let's use a team you suggested.  Here are the guys I'd put on Cleveland's Top  Five list:  Otto Graham, Brian Sipe, Bernie Kosar, Time Couch and then maybe Bill Nelson.   Someone else might put Frank Ryan, Milt Plum, Mike Phipps, Vinny Testeverde or Don Strock in their Top Five.  

In Buffalo, we have trouble finding five QBs to put on our Top Five list.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
typo

36 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Anyone that puts Daryle Lamonica in their top QB’s that ever played in Buffalo is just trying to be cute like they actually know something.

The guy completed 42 percent of his passes and had 16 TD’s and 23 INT’s. 

Let’s end the silly, stupid charade right now.

Daryle Lamonica sucked as a Buffalo Bill.

SUCKED.

You got to take into consideration that the AFL in the mid 60's passing had those numbers.

Most QBs had around a 50% completion percentage.

Most had more INTs than TDs.

It was a completely different game.

Jack Kemp's career numbers (AFL NFL) was 114 TDs vs 183 INTs.

Lamonica started only 4 games and won them all.

He also only came in when Kemp was playing horrible and had a lot of 4th quarter comebacks.

I would of loved to see Kemp go to the Raiders in '67 and Lamonica staying Buffalo.

For all of the Oldtimers:  Imagine a Bills Message Board in the 60s!

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

You got to take into consideration that the AFL in the mid 60's passing had those numbers.

He also only came in when Kemp was playing horrible and had a lot of 4th quarter comebacks.

I would of loved to see Kemp go to the Raiders in '67 and Lamonica staying Buffalo.

There would not have been enough electrons in the universe to handle the Kemp vs. Lamonica posts.

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

I get your point. The 9ers have arguably the best QBs ever. Try a team like Pittsburgh, Bears, Lions, Browns, and you see long stretches of mediocrity under center. 

It’s got to be the Colts. Johnny U, Morrall,  Burt Jones, Peyton, Luck, Elway if he in any way counts which I’m sure he doesn’t.

21 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Dan Darraugh didn't make your list?

Darraugh was an interesting prospect coming out of William and Mary and undrafted.  He was excellent for the Bills in camp and the pre-season, injured his shoulder, and became a footnote.  He certainly shouldn't be considered as a bottom five guy as he never truly had the opportunity to prove himself.  My bottom five favorite is Losman, a disaster as a quarterback and first round pick. 

Just now, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Darraugh was an interesting prospect coming out of William and Mary and undrafted.  He was excellent for the Bills in camp and the pre-season, injured his shoulder, and became a footnote.  He certainly shouldn't be considered as a bottom five guy as he never truly had the opportunity to prove himself.  My bottom five favorite is Losman, a disaster as a quarterback and first round pick. 

Yeah Darraugh wasn't horrible.  Hobert to me was the worst.  JP had the talent but could never handle the mental aspects of the position.

11 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yes, the 60s was a great era, with Golden Wheels, dangerous Dan, the cookie, and Sestak among others.  Would have been a great board.

15 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

http://www.footballdb.com/stats/stats.html?mode=P&yr=1966&lg=AFL

This says different.

Not to mention, the Bills won 2 titles on the back of a great defense.....not Jack Kemp.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

26 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Vaild point.  The 49ers are an atypical example.  But I don't think the Bills Top Five list is going to compare well with many clubs. 

Let's use a team you suggested.  Here are the guys I'd put on Cleveland's Top  Five list:  Otto Graham, Brian Sipe, Bernie Kosar, Time Couch and then maybe Bill Nelson.   Someone else might put Frank Ryan, Milt Plum, Mike Phipps, Vinny Testeverde or Don Strock in their Top Five.  

In Buffalo, we have trouble finding five QBs to put on our Top Five list.  

I wouldn't put Tim Couch is in the top 5 it's not an impressive list with a whopping 73.2 qb rating with 64 TD's and 67 INT's in four years.  Rob Johnson and JP Losman had better stats.

Edited by Doc Brown

So...........Alex Van Pelt, Holcomb, Trent Edwards, JP Losman, Tyrod Taylor, EJ Manuel, Fitz, Cassel, Rob Johnson didn't make the list?

Jesus, that list is a whole lot of fail going on there.

Well, its no wonder we havent sniffed the playoffs in 17 yrs.

Edited by Sweats
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Y’all are suspect with your fancy stats and arguments. Let’s see here..hmmmm...who brought us our last winning season during the past 17 yrs and threw for 3800 extrapolated yards?? I’ll sit back and wait. 

Place him on the wall next to Orton

19 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Y’all are suspect with your fancy stats and arguments. Let’s see here..hmmmm...who brought us our last winning season during the past 17 yrs and threw for 3800 extrapolated yards?? I’ll sit back and wait. 

Forgot to mention as well he would have brought the playoffs that year if he started the first four games

• Thank you (+1) 1