Top five qb in Bills history

No way Marangi was a better QB than Ferguson. He was a bigger guy and may have had a slightly better arm, but he started the backend of the '76 season after Fergy got hurt and was terrible. Granted the team was on a downslide at that point, but he did nothing to make any fans believe he was a better QB.

19 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

according to my dad, Marangi was better than Fergy, just never got a fair shake:lol:

Yikes.  Marangi is on my list  of five worst.

Fergy is underrated by many because he wasn't very good at the beginning of his career when his main duty was to give the ball to OJ.  And he wasn't very good at the end of his career when his skills were in decline.  But there was a golden middle when he was one of the best QBs in the league.  

Just thinking of that golden middle, I would rate Fergy ahead of everyone except Kelly.

But if we're cherry picking periods, Bledsoe's first half season with the Bills was excellent.   

37 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

1.  Jim Kelly 

2. Jack Kemp

3. Doug Flutie

4. Joe Ferguson 

5. Daryle Lamonica

Maybe this isn't entirely fair but here's how I remember Flutie...

Flutie would flat out suck for three quarters.  But our D was so strong in those days that they'd keep the game close.  Then Flutie would do something athletically superhuman in the game in the fourth quarter to put the Bills on top. 

Great!  But why did Flutie have to suck the first three quarters?  The D won games in that era, not Dougie.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

1.  Jim Kelly 

2. Jack Kemp

3. Doug Flutie

4. Joe Ferguson 

5. Daryle Lamonica

I think Flutie may be the most overrated QB in our history. He did very little, but represent himself well. I would drop him from this list and put Frank Reich at #5. While just a back up, he had performances that changed our history.

1.  Jim Kelly 

2. Jack Kemp

3. Joe Ferguson (does not get the respect he deserves)

4. Daryle Lamonica

5. Frank Reich

• Like (+1) 3

52 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

I think Flutie may be the most overrated QB in our history. He did very little, but represent himself well. I would drop him from this list and put Frank Reich at #5. While just a back up, he had performances that changed our history.

1.  Jim Kelly 

2. Jack Kemp

3. Joe Ferguson (does not get the respect he deserves)

4. Daryle Lamonica

5. Frank Reich

....absolutely agree...he thought he was the greatest invention since beer.....couldn't stand him or his lousy flakes...............