Stanton to the Yankees per Heyman

Kirby Jackson

50 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yanks gave up peanuts in terms of prospects.  I can’t believe they didn’t have to part with one of Adams, Florial or Sheffield.  Torres is untouchable.

Yeah, this seems like a bit of a lopsided trade. Yeesh.  Miami sports media is going to annihilate Jeter.

2 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

It was salary dump.   I hope this works out as well as the Arod acquisition. 

Oh, I totally get that it was a salary dump - and I think it was necessary/the right thing to do.  But I'd like to think they could've gotten more for him, that's all.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Oh, I totally get that it was a salary dump - and I think it was necessary/the right thing to do.  But I'd like to think they could've gotten more for him, that's all.

They would have if he didnt refuse any deal that wasnt to his list of 4 teams he would wave his no trade clause for. IIRC, I heard the Giants were offering their top 4 prospects, possibly even Pannik, but Stanton didn't want wave his no trade clause so the Yankees were a team he said he would wave it for and they swooped in and Jeter gave him to his old team for pennies just to get his contract off the books.....

16 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

So this pretty much clears the way for Gleyber Torres to play 2nd in 2018.  Where does Stanton play?  Do the yanks try to move Gardner, and play Stanton in left?  Maybe package Gardner and Clint Frazier for a pitcher?

It's the Yankees, so some team will run to their rescue and take Gardner off their hands and over pay for him, along with anyone else they want to dump....

1 hour ago, Kemp2Warlick said:

Direct message
DQop-6fWsAEE_X9.jpg

Retweet

Direct message

:lol:

10 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Jacoby Ellsbury

Yeah, I think Jacoby is the one gone. Heard they were trying to get rid of him last offseason. 

Judge in left, Stanton in right and Gardner in center.