Is the 2018 QB class highly overrated?

Klaista2k

15 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

If you keep waiting around for the perfect QB then you will never draft one. Pretty much every QB will have concerns with their game. What’s important is whether he gets put into a good situation to allow development. With Dennison I question that but I do think we should draft one of these guys high if the opportunity presents itself.

To keep waiting around you end up stuck drafting a QB in a bad EJ class.

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

No, because if you follow the draft enough you know this happens every year.  Next year is always the better class until its not.

IMO you cant decide if a class is over or underrated until the players start some games in the NFL.

Right on man,

Every year we hear the same thing about how we should wait, we need too many other positions, this class is not as good as the next.

Makes me wonder if NEs Billacheat comes on the Bills boards to prop up our below average QB that we have as a starter and then downgrade the next QB class with smack talk of how it is no good. It would be genius of him to keep the Bills in a forever hole of not good enough thats for sure IMO. I wonder if that is why we get NE sports writers.

Edited by xRUSHx

14 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

If you keep waiting around for the perfect QB then you will never draft one. Pretty much every QB will have concerns with their game. What’s important is whether he gets put into a good situation to allow development. With Dennison I question that but I do think we should draft one of these guys high if the opportunity presents itself.

I don't think we should wait around for a perfect QB.  My point is outside of Mayfield, who shows great leadership and has that edge to him, I'm not a fan.  And looking at what Dennison would like I don't see these guys fitting that.  A perfect fit for Dennison is a Matt Hasselbeck type of guy.  It's not about waiting around for the perfect QB, but it is about finding the "perfect fit".

6 minutes ago, Fan boy '92 said:

I love Mason Rudolph as a Bill and there is a lot of qb talent coming out in '18. We may not even need to trade up. 

He is not my first choice but I also like Rudolph as well but if the Bills hope for one to fall they will lose out because there is always a team willing to jump in front when it comes to QB picks.

Move up and have a choice and avoid teams jumping ahead to steal the pick. Can not say you got your guy if all you did was wait around in hopes other teams avoid your QB choice.

Edited by xRUSHx

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Nope, this class was thought of as a great QB class and that hasn’t changed. QB is a strength of this draft. There will probably be 3 QBs in the top 5 picks, maybe 4-5 in the top 10. 

Not only that...but there is solid depth in the mid rounds as well...Mike White, Ryan Finley, and Riley Ferguson, to name a few.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

To keep waiting around you end up stuck drafting a QB in a bad EJ class.

Right on man,

Every year we hear the same thing about how we should wait, we need too many other positions, this class is not as good as the next.

Makes me wonder if NEs Billacheat comes on the Bills boards to prop up our below average QB that we have as a starter and then downgrade the next QB class with smack talk of how it is no good. It would be genius of him to keep the Bills in a forever hole of not good enough thats for sure IMO. I wonder if that is why we get NE sports writers.

Yea. Im sure Belichick spends hours on the boards making bogus posts to influence the Bills decision makers because he knows Mcdermott and Beane get all their scouting intel from the Stadium Wall. If this is your comedy routine I wouldnt bother with open mike night at the local comedy club.

Edited by THEHARDTRUTH

15 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I don't think we should wait around for a perfect QB.  My point is outside of Mayfield, who shows great leadership and has that edge to him, I'm not a fan.  And looking at what Dennison would like I don't see these guys fitting that.  A perfect fit for Dennison is a Matt Hasselbeck type of guy.  It's not about waiting around for the perfect QB, but it is about finding the "perfect fit".

Many QBs do not work with the original OC when drafted that is when a new OC comes in. Draft a big talent at QB and then decide if the present OC works, it is easier to find a new OC when you have a big talent for the new OC to work with already not the other way around.

5 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Yea. Im sure Belichick spends ours on the boards making bogus posts to influence the Bills decision makers because he knows Mcdermott and Beane get all their scouting intel from the Stadium Wall. If this is your comedy routine I wouldnt bother with open mike night at the local comedy club.

Hey man why so mad? You a closet cheaters fan? Just a blow about the cheaters and there cheating ways I couldn't help myself. BTW it is a great place to see what many fans are saying.

Funny thing is this is exactly what a Billacheat would say to try and cover it up. haha

8 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Not only that...but there is solid depth in the mid rounds as well...Mike White, Ryan Finley, and Riley Ferguson, to name a few.

Add in extra picks this year and it all points to taking a shot for once.

Edited by xRUSHx

5 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

He is not my first choice but I also like Rudolph as well but if the Bills hope for one to fall they will lose out because there is always a team willing to jump in front when it comes to QB picks.

Move up and have a choice and avoid teams jumping ahead to steal the pick. Can not say you got your guy if all you did was wait around in hopes other teams avoid your QB choice.

You're right, aggressively go after your guy and this is the year to do it. Take no chances.

However, this is a deep enough draft that there should be high end QB talent through at least 16. It's Buf's best chance in a generation to get their guy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Fan boy '92 said:

You're right, aggressively go after your guy and this is the year to do it. Take no chances.

However, this is a deep enough draft that there should be high end QB talent through at least 16. It's Buf's best chance in a generation to get their guy.

Completely agree...unless we are going for one of the top 2 guys, I think we should sit tight.

Edited by JaCrispy

4 hours ago, PABillsfan23 said:

It was so hyped up coming into the season i think the hype is still lingering some.  I agree i think Darnold goes back to school.  He wasn’t that good this season.  Only one of that group id take would be Mayfield.  

Darnold's got himself a difficult decision. If the Browns pick first and go with Rosen, then Darnold could very easily wind up in what's thought to be a good situation: Giants, Broncos, maybe a trade to a team that isn't that far from being competitive.

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

Rudolph with his size, aggressive style and quick release look a ton like Marino

Marino randomly slid because of supposed partying...

Go figure

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

These guys are not guys that stick out though IMO.  All of them have some concerns.  Some major.  I'm not a fan of the QB's in this class especially with Dennison as the play caller.  I like the defense in this class though.

I don’t think Dennison will be back.

I don’t see the question marks. This class has way less questions than any class back to Luck and RG. These guys have played a lot and performed. These aren’t prospects like Trubisky that had a handful of starts. These guys were stars for years.

I don’t want Rudolph. He’s too limited IMO.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

4 hours ago, PABillsfan23 said:

It was so hyped up coming into the season i think the hype is still lingering some.  I agree i think Darnold goes back to school.  He wasn’t that good this season.  Only one of that group id take would be Mayfield.  

Darnold wasn’t very good this season? Do you watch football?

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

'Crispy:

....don't see Falk's name on anyone's radar anymore....what happened to the kid to vanish?......had read some decent stuff about him earlier.....

If you have actually watched the college games these guys play like I and so many others here have, instead of just looking at the box scores, you will know that there is still plenty of QB talent in the draft.  Just because the numbers aren't eye-popping every single week doesn't mean it's on the QBs.  Dropped balls, lack of talent surrounding these guys, poor coaches and systems, among many other things may contribute to the struggles of these guys at times.  But talent is talent and there are a few QBs in this class that are beyond talented enough to be great at the next level.  Whether we can get high enough to pick one of them is a different story.  But no....the class is not overrated.  It is just being picked apart, as all QB classes are when it's their turn.  Don't fool yourself....there is really good QB talent in the draft.....providing everyone comes out.