Is the 2018 QB class highly overrated?

Klaista2k

5 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Lamar Jackson is one of my favorites in this class...SOLID WR prospect... Speedy, strong, -athletic.. Only time he throws a ball for me would be a flea-flicker

:doh: QBs throw the ball on flea flickers after getting the ball back from the RB.   Beyond the bad flea flicker description, Jackson will play QB in the NFL. 

Allen has just as much talent as any of these QBs. He will have his workouts and everyone will see the potential.

Jackson needs to add 10lbs. But he too is a first rd pick.

i still see potentially 6 QBs in the 1st.

Darnold

Rosen

Jackson

Mayfield

Allen

Possible 1sts but more likely 2nd rounders.

Ruldoph

Finley

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:doh: QBs throw the ball on flea flickers after getting the ball back from the RB.   Beyond the bad flea flicker description, Jackson will play QB in the NFL. 

:lol: So why can't he throw in a flea-flicker if he'll be an NFL QB?

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You were intimating that he'll be a WR in the NFL. 

:angry:First of all,  I've never been intimate with anyone on this board... -I don't think... Second, it'd be the PERFECT PLAY.  The D would expect the hand-off to Shady from Jackson, who'd fire a wobbly 40 yard bomb to a wide-open Kelvin Benjamin with his inaccurate, but powerful arm.

Edited by #34fan

2 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Why not make a play for someone like AJ McCarron? -Groom a talented kid behind him...Kenny Hill for example.... In the meantime, start assembling the help like the Rams did with JaGoff.

Because AJ really isn’t proven either...

And he will have to be paid much more than a rookie.

Beane wants to start from ground zero, a multitude of players on cheap 4-5 year contracts (rookie contracts) and hope it pays off in the end

1 hour ago, 1billsfan said:

I think the Bills would have to trade up for Rudolph from where they will be picking. So giving up a couple of first round picks and probably another 3rd or 2nd rd pick between this and the 2019 drafts will not "technically" be a steal. However, I do see Rudolph as exactly the type of QB that McDermott and Beane would target as their franchise QB and won't be shy about giving up the picks necessary to get him.

I also think a move up for him will be necessary but not top 5 move up, he could end up still sitting there at our pick but I wouldn' t chance it with so many teams wanting QB. I feel he is the steal because he could end up the best of the bunch IMO in the long run. Some have him rated 6th or 7th QB, this draft has a bunch of QBs that can go round one. Color me excited for a franchise worthy QB drafted this draft by the Bills. I agree the Bills need to move up so they get a choice of who they truly want, my top 2 is the double R, Rosen and Rudolph.

Edited by xRUSHx

20 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Why not make a play for someone like AJ McCarron? -Groom a talented kid behind him...Kenny Hill for example.... In the meantime, start assembling the help like the Rams did with JaGoff.

Id like to see this team get their own guy instead of trying to force another backup down our throats.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

It only seems to be flawed when someone completes a good percentage. Jackson has mediocre accuracy and the fact that he even plays on a system that favors QB’s works in my arguments favor. 

Or do you not understand how things work?

Comp% as a measure of accuracy is flawed. 

Ie good throw great pass breakup Incomplete doesnt say ball was thrown perfect. 

Perfect throw drop from WR yep goes against QB

throw aways hurt that %

Flawed Stat to Measure Accuracy

Ultra Conservative check down QB throws most passes behind the line or at the line gets great numbers in this % but cant throw ball down field. See how flawed it is

Edited by MAJBobby

On 12/9/2017 at 6:30 PM, MAJBobby said:

And the Settle because i declare it is a weak class has led to all the other crap we had under center

"Settle" for what?   Drafting a QB in the first round isn't what makes a QB a success!  :doh:   Drafting a QB prospect in the first round who should be drafted later just to draft a first round QB is what the Bills have done twice in this century.  They got 2 busts for their trouble ... and they effectively locked themselves out of picking up better QBs from the drafts in the following years.  The Bills lost out on even the opportunity to take Aaron Rodgers in 2005 and on Jay Cutler in 2006 because they had so much invested in Losman.  Instead, they tried to make a third rounder into their franchise QB, and so didn't take a shot on Joe Flacco in 2008.   Because they drafted  Manuel in 2013, the Bills ignored Bridgewater, Carr, and Garoppolo the next year.

It's not that the Bills haven't looked at QBs in the first round of the draft or that they haven't had the opportunity to draft decent to great QBs.  It's that the bad choices they made in the QBs they did draft in the first round in 2004 and 2013 came back and bit them in their arses.  You keep yapping about fans being willing to "settle", but in reality it's the Bills that "settled" for the fourth best QB prospect in the 2004 draft -- and traded up to get him, too!  It's the Bills that failed to act in 2012 and take Wilson in the third or Cousins in the fourth and "settled" for Manuel in 2013, a kid who wasn't even a first round prospect, just to say that they took a first round QB. 

IMO, they drafted both QBs simply to excite the fan base and sell some more tickets.  My guess is that they'll do the same in 2018.  It's always dicey drafting a QB in the first round because they're expensive.  No rookie minimum for any first rounder, especially a QB, and since most teams only carry 2 QBs with only the starter getting reps in practice, taking one in the first round precludes taking another one in the next draft or the one after that unless your original one sucks Johnny Manziel-style.  The Bills' drafting rationale makes it even dicier.