Story of the 1991 Falcons on NFL Network

Big Turk

It was good to see a documentary on that team...one of the more interesting teams with Glanville, Deion, and a young Favre who used to come to practice drunk some days, was 25 lbs overweight by the end of his rookie year from drinking a lot of beer and who overslept for the team picture...he was the Johnny Manziel of 30 years ago before going to Green Bay. By his own admission he needed to get out of that situation and likely wouldnt have lasted much longer of that trade didnt happen.

One of the more interesting scenes was from 1993 after Sanders went to San Fran in the off-season and came back to Atlanta to play and him and Andre Rison got into a full fledged fight on the field...not just a few punches...a full fledged fight...and somehow were allowed to stay in the game without being ejected!!

There was definitely a lawlessness back then that just simply doesnt exist today and it nroight me back for a little while to that version of the NFL...it will never be back but Damn there are times I miss it.

Edited by matter2003

2 hours ago, BillsinChesterSprings said:

That team gave the eventual Washington Redskins a lot of problems in the Divisional Playoff round, The Redskins toughest playoff game that year, simply because Deion could cover half the field.  One of the more under rated wild card teams of that era. 

Ehh...they lost 24-7 and had 6 turnovers on an extremely wet, rainy day. IMHO they had no prayer of winning that game in those conditions, it negated their speed and turned it into a slugfest, which they couldn't hoped to have won.

1 hour ago, GRHater69 said:

How about the '92 Falcons that played here and got run right out of what was then Rich Stadium?

Bills were just a juggernaut during that timeframe, especially against NFC teams at home...

Also didn't help they had Billy Joe Tolliver playing QB after Chris Miller went down with a knee injury earlier that year but I doubt it would have mattered that day.  We ran for 314 yards against them and Kelly had under 100 yards passing. All he had to do was turn around and hand it off and they were just gashing the Falcons all day.  Highlights of the game starting at 13:47...Falcons couldn't catch a cold that day on offense either, might have been the most drops on wide open passes I've ever seen in a single game.. haha

Edited by matter2003