Ralph Wilson's Role In The Buffalo Bills Playoff Drought

BuffaloRush

22 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...ABSOLUTELY....man put up 25 grand in 1960 (BIG money then) for franchise....loaned 400 grand to Oakland to keep them afloat....offered money to Boston Patriots but they declined...sure as a forty something absentee owner he sat back and watched his investment grow, soon to be tagged with the "cheapskate" moniker into the 70's and 80's.....but he slowly came around and began to take an interest in the game in the 90's.........money was still an issue but I still think Littmann was the grubmaster behind it, protecting his gratis 10% stake in the franchise.....at the end of the day and at the end of his life, he contractually assured the Bills would remain in Buffalo and willed his entire $1.2 BILLION DOLLAR estate to charity.....as you said, (give it up) and move on as he has certainly earned respect IMO............

Great response, agreed.

I never knew he gave Littman 10%, wow.

On 12/8/2017 at 11:00 PM, Paul Costa said:

I agree with everything posted above. We need to never forget that Ralph Wilson was responsible for the Buffalo Bills and also respect at the highest level his family selling the franchise to owners that would keep the Bills in Buffalo. And thank God for the Pugulas!! Better times are ahead!! ?? Let’s go Buffalo ???????

Why? Teams are no better with Pegula's running them

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Judge the Pegula's in two years, that gives them three years with their hand picked GM and HC, judging them at this time I think is wildly premature.

I'm counting the Sabres as well...plus the Pegula's hiring Rex Ryan was a horrible mistake that set them back a couple more years.