Ridiculous Newsweek Article About the Bills

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

I think that's exactly what it is. If fans aren't interested in going to games, I think that's called lack of fan support. 

not even close.  The article's premise is that there is a overall lack of fan support, on the macro level.  The article then cherry picks the Indy game as a lack of fan support because of the value of tickets on Stubhub.  Those tickets may very well sell.  I expect that north of 55K will be at the game--which is larger than Solider Field in Chicago.  

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

$4 game tickets are kind of a weak basis for an article like this but it's totally a fair point. If your team it's in playoff contention and your fans have no interest, and you are already the smallest NFL market, it begs the question if we are capable of supporting a team.

We should feel lucky the Pegulas own the Bills and not a Donald Trump/Bon Jovi type. And if you feel like railing for new owners, be careful what you wish for.

we are very lucky to have Pegulas as owners.  

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....looks like the Argos are a HUGE attendance draw, right?.....not even 50% of capacity......

Table A: 2017 Toronto Argonauts Regular Season Attendance Summary
Scope Games Total High Avg. Low League Avg. +/- Capacity % of Capacity Announced
Sellouts
Sellouts
Home 9 125,223 16,326 13,913.7 11,219 -10,730.6 27,000.0 51.53% 0 0
    Divisional 4 58,572 16,326 14,643.0 12,862 -11,244.8 27,000.0 54.23% 0 0
    Non-Divisional 5 66,651 15,532 13,330.2 11,219 -10,039.4 27,000.0 49.37% 0 0
Visitor 9 222,608 33,350 24,734.2 19,233 +90.0 31,321.3 78.97% 3 1

Table B: 2017 Toronto Argonauts Attendance Year-over-Year
Season 2017 Average 2016 Average (+/-) 5-Year Avg (+/-) 10-Year Avg (+/-)
Pre-season 5,532.0 16,168.0 (-10,636.0) 13,760.4 (-8,228.4) 15,198.6 (-9,666.6)
Regular season 13,913.7 16,380.3 (-2,466.7) 18,443.7 (-4,530.0) 22,080.0 (-8,166.3)
Playoffs 24,929.0 N/A 30,605.0 (-5,676.0) 31,559.0 (-6,630.0)

Yeah, but that's different... :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

$4 game tickets are kind of a weak basis for an article like this but it's totally a fair point. If your team it's in playoff contention and your fans have no interest, and you are already the smallest NFL market, it begs the question if we are capable of supporting a team.

We should feel lucky the Pegulas own the Bills and not a Donald Trump/Bon Jovi type. And if you feel like railing for new owners, be careful what you wish for.

Support what?  Ticket sales are irrelevant these days. 

2 hours ago, Success said:

You have got to be kidding me.

His whole conclusion implies that Toronto fans would get ‘more excited’ about a playoff contender.  Not that a move would help get them to the playoffs.

And he is completely wrong either way

Did the author even have a conclusion? 

What a ridiculous, piece of $hit article. 

20 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

not even close.  The article's premise is that there is a overall lack of fan support, on the macro level.  The article then cherry picks the Indy game as a lack of fan support because of the value of tickets on Stubhub.  Those tickets may very well sell.  I expect that north of 55K will be at the game--which is larger than Solider Field in Chicago.  

we are very lucky to have Pegulas as owners.  

Soldier Field is 61,500.

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I will play devils advocate for Bills fans.  Let's face it you have all seen this song and dance before and every time the team lands flat on its face, maybe the team should prove they are worthy of such rabid fans instead of thinking of greener pastures?

Trolling us is beneath you dude.

Still, $4 as the going rate for an NFL game is pretty sad.   Supply and demand model where there is little if any demand. If fans won't support the team, maybe they should pack up and head anywhere but Toronto.Portland, OK City, San Antonio, Austin, etc all deserve a team more than Buffalo if the fans won't back their team.  

4 hours ago, Big Curt said:

Unfortunately in my opinion we are a depressed City and fan base.  We play the victim role and believe we can't have "anything nice".  We are a City who hates ourselves and consistently puts ourselves down.  We leave the City and area in droves and we tell anyone who asks us about Buffalo, we say we hate it here/there and we're never going back.  Then when someone talks about our city and region we get offended.  Colin Cowherd is 100% correct about us...Back to the topic at hand.  The Buffalo Bills aren't leaving.

I left for the west coast 35 years ago and I love going back to Buffalo, my wife from Oregon loves it too. We tell people it is a beautiful city and region with fun loving people. I think a lot of us had to leave for economic reasons and it is hard to relocate once established. The article was garbage and the Bills are never leaving Buffalo. Now if they could get really good again and cheer up this fan base.☺

• Like (+1) 1

Lowest ticket prices on StubHub for this weekends home teams

Colts at Bills $6

Titans at Cardinals $9
Bears at Bengals $14
Packers at Browns $19

Raiders at Chiefs $38

Detroit at Tampa $41

Jets at Broncos $48
49'ers at Texans $56
Vikings at Panthers $56

Ravens at Steelers $60

Seahawks at Jags $62

Cowboys at Giants $79

Eagles at Rams $165

We're #1!!!

CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION...(if I had one it would be so cancelled after that mess of an article)..I never knew Newsweek was a troll mag but now I know better

3 hours ago, Bills Fan of Maryland said:

Still, $4 as the going rate for an NFL game is pretty sad.   Supply and demand model where there is little if any demand. If fans won't support the team, maybe they should pack up and head anywhere but Toronto.Portland, OK City, San Antonio, Austin, etc all deserve a team more than Buffalo if the fans won't back their team.  

wow your post is more sad than the going rate for tickets pal, if I were u Id troll another fan base you cannot be serious that Bills fans dont "back their team" absolute Rubbish. we've been backing them since the 60's and the last 17 years with zippo playoffs.....Id say we're pratty danged loyal just sayin'.....

• Like (+1) 1