Ridiculous Newsweek Article About the Bills

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

That's actually not what his logic is.

His logic is that the Bills aren't, yet, eliminated from the playoffs and tickets for this weekend's game are going for $4 and tickets for the Dolphins game are going for $15.  His logic is that if Bills fans can't sell out a game with playoff implications, then they might as well pack up and head Northwest.

Still stupid logic.

ridiculous logic indeed.  The Bills have a giant stadium compared to their metro area, the fact that it hasn't sold-out and/or some people don't want to freeze to watch the Bills play two sub-par teams is hardly indicative of a lack of fan support.  

The Jets game I knew this wasn't a playoff team. If that wasn't an indicator then the two games after that should of sealed the deal. We can't get the division title and this guy should think this is a playoff team? We couldn't hold onto the 6th seed. We can't even stay in the hunt. The thread is so thin I won't hang onto it for support. I mean great for him to compliment the team like it's playoff caliber at this point but it's not even close to reality.

This hasn't been a playoff team in a long time. Tell me about how this is a Playoff team when the can beat the Patriots. You are correct this article is beyond ridiculous as soon as I read playoff team. It lost all credibility. Sure move the team to Toronto and expect a different outcome. I'm sure they will appreciate having a team with the longest drought landing there and go by tickets when the team is basically already eliminated then they can do all the funky math at the end if the year and watch other teams hoping they lose their team can sneak in.

Edited by Lfod

30 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Ah, mainstream media.

....exactly why they're known as urinalists........for their "stream" of nothing.......the whole premise of the Toronto experiment was to attract regional INVESTORS in an effort to keep the club ideally in Buffalo or at least in WNY when Ralph eventually passed...it certainly wasn't a "cash grab"....if so, why did Wilson's will stripulate that his ENTIRE $1.2 BILLION dollar estate must be distributed to charities within 20 years of his passing.....and it certainly wasn't attendance.......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

12 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

ridiculous logic indeed.  The Bills have a giant stadium compared to their metro area, the fact that it hasn't sold-out and/or some people don't want to freeze to watch the Bills play two sub-par teams is hardly indicative of a lack of fan support.  

I think that's exactly what it is. If fans aren't interested in going to games, I think that's called lack of fan support. 

31 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I think that's exactly what it is. If fans aren't interested in going to games, I think that's called lack of fan support. 

If fans aren't interested in freezing their balls off, then it's ball support.  Like a jock.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

That's actually not what his logic is.

His logic is that the Bills aren't, yet, eliminated from the playoffs and tickets for this weekend's game are going for $4 and tickets for the Dolphins game are going for $15.  His logic is that if Bills fans can't sell out a game with playoff implications, then they might as well pack up and head Northwest.

Still stupid logic.

Agreed, stupid logic. Especially since Buffalo has routinely had issues filling the stadium for December home games except in the 90's era. Many do not want to Freeze and deal with the snow. And now that all games are televised they are definitely staying home in the cold months. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Captain Murica said:

Whom ever wrote this is an idiot, and doesn't realize Bills fans have seen this song and dance for 17+ years.

This is beyond idiocy because the reporter failed to do their homework.  During this long playoff drought the Bills have been among the attendance leaders in the league.  No to mention attendance in Toronto when the games were there was abysmal.  Finally the Canadians should be at least as offended by this stupidity because the author implies they should only get. A team because the fans of Buffalo are not good enough.

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

This is beyond idiocy because the reporter failed to do their homework.  During this long playoff drought the Bills have been among the attendance leaders in the league.  No to mention attendance in Toronto when the games were there was abysmal.  Finally the Canadians should be at least as offended by this stupidity because the author implies they should only get. A team because the fans of Buffalo are not good enough.

....looks like the Argos are a HUGE attendance draw, right?.....not even 50% of capacity......

Table A: 2017 Toronto Argonauts Regular Season Attendance Summary
Scope Games Total High Avg. Low League Avg. +/- Capacity % of Capacity Announced
Sellouts
Sellouts
Home 9 125,223 16,326 13,913.7 11,219 -10,730.6 27,000.0 51.53% 0 0
    Divisional 4 58,572 16,326 14,643.0 12,862 -11,244.8 27,000.0 54.23% 0 0
    Non-Divisional 5 66,651 15,532 13,330.2 11,219 -10,039.4 27,000.0 49.37% 0 0
Visitor 9 222,608 33,350 24,734.2 19,233 +90.0 31,321.3 78.97% 3 1

Table B: 2017 Toronto Argonauts Attendance Year-over-Year
Season 2017 Average 2016 Average (+/-) 5-Year Avg (+/-) 10-Year Avg (+/-)
Pre-season 5,532.0 16,168.0 (-10,636.0) 13,760.4 (-8,228.4) 15,198.6 (-9,666.6)
Regular season 13,913.7 16,380.3 (-2,466.7) 18,443.7 (-4,530.0) 22,080.0 (-8,166.3)
Playoffs 24,929.0 N/A 30,605.0 (-5,676.0) 31,559.0 (-6,630.0)

Unfortunately in my opinion we are a depressed City and fan base.  We play the victim role and believe we can't have "anything nice".  We are a City who hates ourselves and consistently puts ourselves down.  We leave the City and area in droves and we tell anyone who asks us about Buffalo, we say we hate it here/there and we're never going back.  Then when someone talks about our city and region we get offended.  Colin Cowherd is 100% correct about us...Back to the topic at hand.  The Buffalo Bills aren't leaving.

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

Agreed, stupid logic. Especially since Buffalo has routinely had issues filling the stadium for December home games except in the 90's era. Many do not want to Freeze and deal with the snow. And now that all games are televised they are definitely staying home in the cold months. 

Most of the time we're out of the playoffs, and its 30 degrees and snowing.  I wonder why attendance would be down.  

$4 game tickets are kind of a weak basis for an article like this but it's totally a fair point. If your team it's in playoff contention and your fans have no interest, and you are already the smallest NFL market, it begs the question if we are capable of supporting a team.

We should feel lucky the Pegulas own the Bills and not a Donald Trump/Bon Jovi type. And if you feel like railing for new owners, be careful what you wish for.