Why didn't the Bills lose as EXPECTED in 2017?

Punt75

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

That’s exactly what I’m saying.  When was the last time the Bills beat a team that played really well?  

Ummm usually when a team plays really well - they win. 

Are you saying the Bucs or Falcons didn't play well?  I'd say those are decent teams who we outplayed and put up a good fight. I think we blew out the Raiders, a team everyone thought was going places this year. 

Do the Saints, Chargers and Jets wins against us mean nothing to those teams because we played exceptionally awful?

sorry mate - your logic doesn't hold much weight to me...

but carry on. 

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 6:33 PM, Punt75 said:

What NFL team comes out with the same less than average QB and a 66% roster CHANGE from the previous year after 17 seasons of not making the play-offs and expects to win??? 

ANSWER:  NO TEAM !!!

The 34% who still remain as of Sunday (18 players) are: Groy, Henderson, Mills, Wood, Incognito, Glenn, Tyrod, Miller, Clay, O’Leary, Schmidt, Williams, Alexander, Brown, Hughes, McCoy, Tate, Washington.

How many are valuable assets for trades?

The Bills of 2017 were expected to lose.  This was to be the cleansing, flush the toilet and start over season.  Too many 7-9, 8-8 finishes didn’t make us close to being a real Super Bowl contender and we all knew that.  A lucky win here, a missed penalty there and we might have grabbed a play-off spot one of those last 17 years.  Did it really matter?  We didn’t have the talent to be a big winner.

Somehow, with less talent, the Bills have done the unexpected.  Put us back in that traditional “close to the play-offs” picture.  I look forward to 2018 and beyond.  We’re on the right track.  Enjoy it and don’t complain!   

It's because there are so many bad teams. Including these "winning" Bills.

9 hours ago, Punt75 said:

I think Atlanta played pretty well and at home!

Atlanta had three turnovers.  How many teams win when they have three turnovers?

11 hours ago, Bakin said:

Ummm usually when a team plays really well - they win. 

Are you saying the Bucs or Falcons didn't play well?  I'd say those are decent teams who we outplayed and put up a good fight. I think we blew out the Raiders, a team everyone thought was going places this year. 

Do the Saints, Chargers and Jets wins against us mean nothing to those teams because we played exceptionally awful?

sorry mate - your logic doesn't hold much weight to me...

but carry on. 

Bucs and Falcons both had three turnovers.  No, they didn’t play well. 

On 12/8/2017 at 11:19 AM, Doc said:

I heard very few people saying the Bills would win more than a handful of games.  Wasn't the Vegas line at 5 games?

Yeah, there was a poll on the board in pre-season predicting their record and the majority certainly didn't have the Bills at 8-9 wins. Pretty sure the most popular picks were 5 and 6 wins.

On 12/8/2017 at 12:54 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

McD has been very fortunate that the bounces of Jauron Ball have been as kind as they have this year.......this could have easily morphed into that 4 win season and thoroughly undermined his message.

Yep, Jauron ball keeps the games close. Granted, if the Bills miss the playoffs (which they likely will) I'd much rather the ball bounced differently and the Bills ended up with only 4 wins. Unfortunately, 8-8, here we come.

5 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Atlanta had three turnovers.  How many teams win when they have three turnovers?

Bucs and Falcons both had three turnovers.  No, they didn’t play well. 

Why do you think they had the turnovers?   Luck?

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Why do you think they had the turnovers?   Luck?

Yes.  The Bills got very lucky.  And as we’ve seen, once the Bills luck ran out, so did the turnovers and wins.  

Look, all I’m saying is this - in response to the OP - the Bills were expected to lose but they haven’t lost as much as expected.  I’m saying that’s because they played a bunch of teams that played poorly, turned the ball over, and gave the Bills some unexpected wins. 

Edited by WotAGuy