Pats fans on Gronk suspension

CanadianFan

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

And now that rule no longer exists. I honestly wonder from when they called that rule to when it was removed how many times it was called.

I probably don't even need to take my shoes off to count them.

It was honestly the dumbest rule. Never understood it

18 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Gronk should have been done for the season.  But we all know how the NFL operates. 

...one game and he's out for the high flying Fins......two games and he misses the Steelers game.......hmmmmm....think you're onto something.............

That hit changed Gronk’s rep forever.

He went from goofy, fun-loving frat boy to roid rage cheap shot artist.

His lame defense - which too many pats fans rolled with - was all the more ridiculous given that the game was well in hand.  Poor thing had to cope with his jersey getting tugged in a 20 point win.

Can’t stand the guy now.

4 hours ago, Chris66 said:

So you just lumped in an entire fanbase base on the .5% that post on message boards.    Thats pretty douchy.

No I lumped an entire fanbase after 16 years of the obnoxiousness based on a multitude of evidence. It started on those Alt. usenets boards, it evolved on Messageboards, comment sections on NFL.com and MSN,  Pats fans I have met in person etc. Years of Dbaggery!!!!

And besides I was half kidding about my observations, lighten up !!

You need to look no further than Wilfork's dirty low hit on JP Losman.  The next season, the same thing happens to Brady, NEW RULE!!!!!!  NO HITTING THE QB BELOW THE KNEES!!! (except that we were called for a penalty for hitting Brady in the thigh after the new rule).  The "just give it to 'em" game, Gronk almost never getting called for pushing off (except in this last game), etc.  Cheats fans are ridiculous thinking the refs and league have it in for them.  THE NFL BURIED SPYGATE!!!  All the evidence was destroyed so that no one other than the NFL and the Cheats would know the extent of the cheating.  WTH else do you want?

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

You need to look no further than Wilfork's dirty low hit on JP Losman.  The next season, the same thing happens to Brady, NEW RULE!!!!!!  NO HITTING THE QB BELOW THE KNEES!!! (except that we were called for a penalty for hitting Brady in the thigh after the new rule).  The "just give it to 'em" game, Gronk almost never getting called for pushing off (except in this last game), etc.  Cheats fans are ridiculous thinking the refs and league have it in for them.  THE NFL BURIED SPYGATE!!!  All the evidence was destroyed so that no one other than the NFL and the Cheats would know the extent of the cheating.  WTH else do you want?

That always kills me.  The league has literally changed rules to protect Mr. Bundchen, but "The league is against the Patriots!"

I can't wait until they suck again, and all the Pats fans go back to rooting for the Giants.

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/7/2017 at 9:10 PM, Gugny said:

Is this all you're going to post about?  How many threads do we need about ONE !@#$ING HIT???

I so agree. Move on already. Just happy White is ok.

7 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Is that any different about how many threads there are about Tyrod?

What! There are multiple threads about Tyrod?

On 12/7/2017 at 8:32 PM, CanadianFan said:

Meanwhile in the Pats forums, 

The hero of the moment they highlight on the front page of their site which used to be Tom Brady is now Gronk. Gronk is now the hero of the moment:

WKlSrwt.gif

And in threads where fans were critizing Gronk for the hit, or the NFL for the lenient penalty, those fans are getting massively down-voted:

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/just-imagine-if-gronk-grassy-knoll-super-merge.1142170/

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/time-for-gronk-to-apologize-to-us.1142184/

It's distasteful. 

Gronk's knees are targeted play after play. D-backs can't tackle him high, so they attack his knees and ankles. Bills' fans have no problem with these deliberate, premeditated attempts to end Gronk's career. Yet, the one time he reacts, after hundreds of dirty hits, he's the dirty player... Makes sense SMH...

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ricko1112 said:

Gronk's knees are targeted play after play. D-backs can't tackle him high, so they attack his knees and ankles. Bills' fans have no problem with these deliberate, premeditated attempts to end Gronk's career. Yet, the one time he reacts, after hundreds of dirty hits, he's the dirty player... Makes sense SMH...

!@#$ing troll still not banned

9 hours ago, ricko1112 said:

How's life in fantasy land?

18 hours ago, Chris66 said:

So you just lumped in an entire fanbase base on the .5% that post on message boards.    Thats pretty douchy.

no, it is based on 95% of Pats fans most of us have met in real life. they are not ass hats in all areas of their lives, just in how they view and talk football.I have very good friends that it has become almost impossible to watch football, and I mean any game, with them.

16 hours ago, Success said:

That hit changed Gronk’s rep forever.

He went from goofy, fun-loving frat boy to roid rage cheap shot artist.

His lame defense - which too many pats fans rolled with - was all the more ridiculous given that the game was well in hand.  Poor thing had to cope with his jersey getting tugged in a 20 point win.

Can’t stand the guy now.

i agree. I still do not believe he has apologized to Tre directly, just some lame ass PR apology hoping to gain sympathy and rationalizing a bullcrap , dirty play.

10 hours ago, DC Tom said:

That always kills me.  The league has literally changed rules to protect Mr. Bundchen, but "The league is against the Patriots!"

I can't wait until they suck again, and all the Pats fans go back to rooting for the Giants.

i was watching something the other night, I think on the NFL Network, and they were calling it the Carson Palmer rule. I just shook my head at the revisionist history. Palmer went down, leagues response was " sad, but that's football" . Brady goes down the next year, leagues response was " that gotta change"

14 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Perfectly summed up. There is nothing more to add. 

RTB

1 hour ago, JM57 said:

How's life in fantasy land?

better than life in Canada, I suppose...

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

no, it is based on 95% of Pats fans most of us have met in real life. they are not ass hats in all areas of their lives, just in how they view and talk football.I have very good friends that it has become almost impossible to watch football, and I mean any game, with them.

i agree. I still do not believe he has apologized to Tre directly, just some lame ass PR apology hoping to gain sympathy and rationalizing a bullcrap , dirty play.

i was watching something the other night, I think on the NFL Network, and they were calling it the Carson Palmer rule. I just shook my head at the revisionist history. Palmer went down, leagues response was " sad, but that's football" . Brady goes down the next year, leagues response was " that gotta change"

It's called the "Caron Palmer Rule" because the rules were changed because of what happened to Carson Palmer. Not Brady. Those of us that follow the NFL know that. It's only the casual bandwagoners that think it was changed because of Brady.

Look, I know it's tough being a Bills fan. 18 years of being irrelevant. We NE fans have had some 7-8 years spells too. The difference is that we didn't just make stuff up to make ourselves feel better about sucking...We lost because we weren't good. We didn't rabble on about imaginary "cheating" or try to change well-known facts. That would have been embarrassing and pathetic. 

7 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

better than life in Canada, I suppose...

It's called the "Caron Palmer Rule" because the rules were changed because of what happened to Carson Palmer. Not Brady. Those of us that follow the NFL know that. It's only the casual bandwagoners that think it was changed because of Brady.

Look, I know it's tough being a Bills fan. 18 years of being irrelevant. We NE fans have had some 7-8 years spells too. The difference is that we didn't just make stuff up to make ourselves feel better about sucking...We lost because we weren't good. We didn't rabble on about imaginary "cheating" or try to change well-known facts. That would have been embarrassing and pathetic. 

Imaginary?

Apparently spygate and deflategate were just made up things to everyone but pats fans.

Edited by The Wiz

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

!@#$ing troll still not banned

Banning (or calling for the banning) someone who simply tells the truth is a cowardly thing to do. The Pats' boards have more trolls than any other NFL board. They scream about all the "cheating" even though people who actually follow the NFL know that it never happened. They use more energy rooting for the Patriots to lose than they do hoping their team du jour wins...

2 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

Banning (or calling for the banning) someone who simply tells the truth is a cowardly thing to do. The Pats' boards have more trolls than any other NFL board. They scream about all the "cheating" even though people who actually follow the NFL know that it never happened. They use more energy rooting for the Patriots to lose than they do hoping their team du jour wins...

If you legitimately believe that's the truth, you're an idiot. If you don't you're a troll. You don't seem like an idiot, therefore, you're a troll.