Pats fans on Gronk suspension

CanadianFan

Growing up as a kid I always though Ben Coates was a witch or something. The Patriots simply got all the calls at the right time.

Now that my brain has matured, a bit, I'm much more certain it's because the Owner of the Patriots negotiates the TV contracts! Best team allllll time. Most influential owner in all of sports. Nothing to see here. 

23 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

But they shouldn't of had to.  IMO, the tuck rule was incorrect on that play.  Brady brought his arm back down, then was hit and fumbled.  The Raiders should have been in that SB.

We will disagree on the call being wrong. But that's ok. As someone else shared the Pats had the same thing called on them with the Jets(?) earlier in the year and it looked almost identical.. which is why so many Pats fans KNEW the tuc rule applied based on how it was called earlier in the year.   I will go on to say, yes Brady was not throwing the ball but by the letter of the dumbest rule ever it was an incomplete pass. 

20 minutes ago, Doc said:

The tuck rule is a good rule when applied properly.  But do you see the difference between the Testaverde play and the Brady play?  Testaverde was actually in the act of passing the ball and the ball was at the top of his throwing motion.  On Brady's play the ball was at his shoulder and his was not moving forward even though Coleman claimed it was. 

But thays the rule. If Brady had brought the ball back (recocked) it would have been a fumble.

2 hours ago, Chris66 said:

What situation was it meant for. It was called against the pats earlier in the srason on a Testeverde fumble. I think most Pats fans watching new it was going to be the tuck rule.

That was always my question and I don't think I ever heard an answer that made any sense.  The QB makes absolutely no attempt at a pass but it gets called incomplete. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Leaving the Pats* game last week, a Pats* fan was arguing with a Bills fan and the Pats* fan said "We've won 6 Super Bowls, f*** off." 

I yelled back "Wikipedia knows more about your team than you do"

Not exactly the brightest bunch

Maybe he is from the future.. ? we have a lot of dumb bandwagon fans.  A lot of them!! 

47 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

But thays the rule. If Brady had brought the ball back (recocked) it would have been a fumble.

Rules need to be enforced with common sense.  If you wanted to take that rule by the letter, a QB could pump fake and never fumble if he loses the ball, because he never "tucked" the ball, whatever that means.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

Rules need to be enforced with common sense.  If you wanted to take that rule by the letter, a QB could pump fake and never fumble if he loses the ball, because he never "tucked" the ball, whatever that means.

Common sense? The NFL?  Common sense was that was a completion Dez Bryant had and not an incomplete pass.. common sense says the Jets scored a TD and didn't fumble it out of the end zone.  Sorry but common sense has not reigned in the NFL for so long I can't remember it ever happening.

1 hour ago, Runninrams said:

be more wrong.

funny how people forget the same call went against the Pats vs the Jets that very season.  bad rule, yes...but the call was made to the letter of the law.  deal with it.

its hilarious how much you all are a bunch of pathetic cry babies.  especially with all the "someone please take out Brady" talk you were spouting off before the game.

I acknowledged I was mistaken bud, why don't you relax a little bit?...

Edited by billsfan11

11 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Common sense? The NFL?  Common sense was that was a completion Dez Bryant had and not an incomplete pass.. common sense says the Jets scored a TD and didn't fumble it out of the end zone.  Sorry but common sense has not reigned in the NFL for so long I can't remember it ever happening.

Are you talking about the Bryant non-catch against the Packers?  That wasn't a catch.  He was going to the ground and didn't control it all the way through.  As for the AS-F play, it had nothing to do with common sense.  They flat-out got it wrong. 

50 minutes ago, Doc said:

Correct as long as he doesnt recock his arm. If he losses the ball at the bottom of the motion incomplete pass. Once he brings his arm back then its a fumble. Very confusing.

Pats fans (the real ones) are insufferable. There is a high dbag content in this group that is permanently obnoxious. The fact that they have had so much success over the last 16 years has only emboldened them to new heights of  Dbaggery. The Gronk hit on Tre only confirms this. The fact that they think they are hard done by with a one game suspension is hilarious. A good portion of these Pats fans subscribe to the theory (which is flabbergasting) that the refs are always against the Pats. Yes I stated that correctly. Just go to the comments area of the NFL.com to see this every time the Pats lose etc.  In addition to the regular Pats fans, there are a multitude of fairweather "plastic" Pats fans in other cities who are almost equally obnoxious but thankfully these bandwagoners will disappear when Brady and BB retire.

14 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

Biggest b.s rule. The NFL literally made that up on the spot, and then officially made it a rule the next year to justify that horrible call lol

And now that rule no longer exists. I honestly wonder from when they called that rule to when it was removed how many times it was called.

I probably don't even need to take my shoes off to count them.

5 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Pats fans (the real ones) are insufferable. There is a high dbag content in this group that is permanently obnoxious. The fact that they have had so much success over the last 16 years has only emboldened them to new heights of  Dbaggery. The Gronk hit on Tre only confirms this. The fact that they think they are hard done by with a one game suspension is hilarious. A good portion of these Pats fans subscribe to the theory (which is flabbergasting) that the refs are always against the Pats. Yes I stated that correctly. Just go to the comments area of the NFL.com to see this every time the Pats lose etc.  In addition to the regular Pats fans, there are a multitude of fairweather "plastic" Pats fans in other cities who are almost equally obnoxious but thankfully these bandwagoners will disappear when Brady and BB retire.

So you just lumped in an entire fanbase base on the .5% that post on message boards.    Thats pretty douchy.

Sometimes I like to close my eyes and imagine the glorious future, not so many years from now, when josh McDaniels is coaching The patriots with Hoyer at QB to another losing season in an empty Gillette stadium...  

Parity is inevitable, and the Pats bandwagon is going to look just as vacant, maybe worse  than it did in the late 80s and early 90s. 

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Sadly the Pats boards are filled with wagon loads of those! ?

The tuc rule was a god awful rule! It WAS called correctly.  Of all things complain about that's one of the weaker ones, it was a rule, it was called correctly.. AND all the Raiders had to do was stop Brady in fourth down and the failed to do it. 

The raiders would have been better off bad he not fumbled.  They thought it was game over, and Brady thought he lost - tough emotional swing for any team

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Are you talking about the Bryant non-catch against the Packers?  That wasn't a catch.  He was going to the ground and didn't control it all the way through.  As for the AS-F play, it had nothing to do with common sense.  They flat-out got it wrong. 

That's why the next week the refs did the same thing in a different game with two different teams. Once is an accident twice is a trend :)

alsonhow wasn't that a catch? He was reaching out to put it into the end zone.  He had control of the ball and I will argue his football move was stretching out to reach the goal line. Once a football move is made it is a catch.  

Edited by PatsFanNH

11 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

That's why the next week the refs did the same thing in a different game with two different teams. Once is an accident twice is a trend :)

alsonhow wasn't that a catch? He was reaching out to put it into the end zone.  He had control of the ball and I will argue his football move was stretching out to reach the goal line. Once a football move is made it is a catch.  

I won't disagree that the refs are incompetent.  But falling to the ground is a different story, football move or not.