Pats fans on Gronk suspension

CanadianFan

15 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:
19 minutes ago, Gigs said:

Yeah, it’s too bad they aren’t as classy as the rest of us. Like the time Tom Brady had his knee destroyed by Bernard Pollard and everybody outside of NE LOVED it.

Bernard's hit on Brady wasn't dirty and wasn't even a flag at the time. It was a legal football play

Just like the Tuck Rule...

20 minutes ago, Gigs said:

Yeah, it’s too bad they aren’t as classy as the rest of us. Like the time Tom Brady had his knee destroyed by Bernard Pollard and everybody outside of NE LOVED it.

Or the time the Colts got the PI rules changed  because their pillow soft offense couldn't beat NE to the Titans...

18 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Bernard's hit on Brady wasn't dirty and wasn't even a flag at the time. It was a legal football play

The Carson Palmer Rule..

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

"I really hope Hughes pile drives the current MVP candidate after the whistle. That's a good look for a 500 team."

dangit gugny

now...i know what i'm watching tonight

mean girls.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ricko1112 said:

Of course. If NE does it... Ban it...Change the rules...Suspend everyone 

Other teams do it? ...Ignore it...Pretend it never happened...Encourage it

Um cite me another time a player pulled a Gronk and head hunted a prone player after the whistle. Your sentiment is we "Ignore it...Pretend it never happened...Encourage it"? lol

4 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I looked, and the first half dozen or so comment in both threads actually look pretty restrained for Pats fans. I was kind of disappointed in fact. I expected some of the "Gronk should have whipped it out an pee'd on him" stuff ...

Bahahaaa 

8 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

Biggest b.s rule. The NFL literally made that up on the spot, and then officially made it a rule the next year to justify that horrible call lol

My guess is you were probably about 10 in 01 and really didn't follow football.

Tuck rule had been around well before 01.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

The rule goes back to the mid-90's.  But it was never meant to be used in that situation.

What situation was it meant for. It was called against the pats earlier in the srason on a Testeverde fumble. I think most Pats fans watching new it was going to be the tuck rule.

1 hour ago, Chris66 said:

My guess is you were probably about 10 in 01 and really didn't follow football.

Tuck rule had been around well before 01.

My mistake, I didn't know it was a rule. Either way you slice it, what an awful rule/call. Any one with common sense knew that it was a blatant fumble

58 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

What situation was it meant for. It was called against the pats earlier in the srason on a Testeverde fumble. I think most Pats fans watching new it was going to be the tuck rule.

The rule stems from a game between the Cowboys and (I think) Redskins where Troy Aikman was throwing the ball and at the top of this throwing motion hit the back of his lineman's helmet and the ball came out.  The zebras had no idea what to rule.  So they created the "tuck" rule.  But it wasn't meant to say that a QB is still in the act of throwing the ball when it's down near his mid-section, like it was when Brady fumbled. 

As for it being called earlier in the year against the Cheaters, do you have a clip of the play?

12 hours ago, Doc said:

Doubtful at best.  And it would only be the idiots.

Sadly the Pats boards are filled with wagon loads of those! ?

1 hour ago, Doc said:

The rule goes back to the mid-90's.  But it was never meant to be used in that situation.

The tuc rule was a god awful rule! It WAS called correctly.  Of all things complain about that's one of the weaker ones, it was a rule, it was called correctly.. AND all the Raiders had to do was stop Brady in fourth down and the failed to do it. 

21 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

The tuc rule was a god awful rule! It WAS called correctly.  Of all things complain about that's one of the weaker ones, it was a rule, it was called correctly.. AND all the Raiders had to do was stop Brady in fourth down and the failed to do it. 

But they shouldn't of had to.  IMO, the tuck rule was incorrect on that play.  Brady brought his arm back down, then was hit and fumbled.  The Raiders should have been in that SB.

11 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

Biggest b.s rule. The NFL literally made that up on the spot, and then officially made it a rule the next year to justify that horrible call lol

be more wrong.

funny how people forget the same call went against the Pats vs the Jets that very season.  bad rule, yes...but the call was made to the letter of the law.  deal with it.

its hilarious how much you all are a bunch of pathetic cry babies.  especially with all the "someone please take out Brady" talk you were spouting off before the game.

37 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

24 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Sadly the Pats boards are filled with wagon loads of those! ?

The tuck rule is a good rule when applied properly.  But do you see the difference between the Testaverde play and the Brady play?  Testaverde was actually in the act of passing the ball and the ball was at the top of his throwing motion.  On Brady's play the ball was at his shoulder and his was not moving forward even though Coleman claimed it was.