Top QBs in the NFL on 3rd down

Foreigner

Most people on this board and the media have been saying this year that TT is slowing down the Offense and

is failing to move the chains, but here are the top QB passers on 3rd down in the NFL this year. 

Completion %           Yards               Passer Rating

Josh McGowan                      70.8                  1,043                       103.6

Drew Brees                             67.5                      859                         94.2

Carson Wentz                        66.4                   1,043                       125.7

Tyrod Taylor                           65.4                      707                         88.0

Case Keenum                        64.9                      771                         86.6

All of the top 5 QBs have played in 12 games I believe  except Taylor who has been in just over 11(injury last week and

Peterman game.)  Looking at these figures, it would seem our problem is more on 1st and 2nd down, so place

the blame where you wish.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

Most people on this board and the media have been saying this year that TT is slowing down the Offense and

is failing to move the chains, but here are the top QB passers on 3rd down in the NFL this year. 

Josh McGowan                      70.8                  1,043                       103.6

Drew Brees                             67.5                      859                         94.2

Carson Wentz                        66.4                   1,043                       125.7

Tyrod Taylor                           65.4                      707                         88.0

Case Keenum                        64.9                      771                         86.6

All of the top 5 QBs have played in 12 games I believe  except Taylor who has been in just over 11(injury last week and

Peterman game.)  Looking at these figures, it would seem our problem is more on 1st and 2nd down, so place

League avg is 59.7 % and 81.5 rating.

13 minutes ago, Luka said:

This is probably the worst use of statistics I've seen yet. How many 3rd downs does he CONVERT. That's all that matters. The stats say, not too many. /thread

My guess would actually be that Taylor converts passing 3rd downs at an above-average rate efficiency wise, but that his overall attempts on third down are fewer than league average. 

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

My guess would actually be that Taylor converts passing 3rd downs at an above-average rate efficiency wise, but that his overall attempts on third down are fewer than league average. 

We are 31st in passing first downs. That's TOTAL passing first downs. So I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the passing 3rd down conversions are pretty low.

1 hour ago, Foreigner said:

pMost people on this board and the media have been saying this year that TT is slowing down the Offense and

I am not a TT hater at all, but passer rating is very negatively affected by interceptions , and as we know he doesn't throw a lot of those. TT on third and 12 will throw a dump off for 10 yards. That may look good for the passer rating, but it really isn't that effective.

Passer rating also doesn't factor in sacks or scrambles. There are times where his rating should be up because he runs for first downs, but there are also times where it should be down because he will either get sacked frequently, or run out of bounds short of the first down

Edited by billsfan11

1 hour ago, Foreigner said:

Yet we see the Bills go 3 and out how many times?  

How does anyone justify that?

37 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Not sure about the total number, but we're 21st in 3 & Outs per Drive. NYG are 32nd and they have 6 more drives on the year than us.

But the previous poster indicated how Great Taylor is on third down passing. 

Why dont we pass more then?   

59 minutes ago, Luka said:

We are 31st in passing first downs. That's TOTAL passing first downs. So I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the passing 3rd down conversions are pretty low.

we always run those damn draw plays on 3rd and long.

I mean this graphic says nothing about actually getting first downs. Defenses will give Tyrod a completion for 10 if it's 3rd and 12.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks