If the Bills go 3 -1

We need to go 3-1

Chargers need to win their division or not be in the WC talk

Ravens need go 1-3 or Jacksonville or Tennessee need to go 1-3 (but, not sure on tie breakers with these teams - I assume they beat us in Conference record due to their division)

Anyways, we need to go 3-1 and need a lot of help.  Baltimore winning last week hurt.  Baltimore winning the last 3 hurt.

Go Bills!

I think the Ravens need to lose twice and we need to go 3-1.  I believe we have the tie breaker.  Ravens should lose to Steelers, but the other 3 games are against pretty weak competition.  Ravens aren't good enough to just assume the win all 3 easy looking games, but they should beat them.  So I think our playoff shot is pretty low unless we somehow pull a miracle and win out, meaning some impossible win at NE.  But lets be real, not only are we not gonna win out, even going 3-1 isn't going to be an easy feat.

Personally I think we go 2-2 with a loss to NE and a split with Mia, especially since I think Peterman will be starting at least one of those Mia games.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

10 minutes ago, Manther said:

We need to go 3-1

Chargers need to win their division or not be in the WC talk

Ravens need go 1-3 or Jacksonville or Tennessee need to go 1-3 (but, not sure on tie breakers with these teams - I assume they beat us in Conference record due to their division)

Anyways, we need to go 3-1 and need a lot of help.  Baltimore winning last week hurt.  Baltimore winning the last 3 hurt.

Go Bills!

The tiebreaker with the Ravens is not clear yet.  If the Bills win 3, then the Ravens must lose 2 and both are 9-7.  Both would have 7-5 conference records, the first relevant tiebreaker.  Next is record in games against common opponent-- minimum of 4 common opponents.  Here that is met, as both teams will play the Bengals dolphins Raiders and Colts.  Buffalo is 1-1 in those games now, while Ravens are 3-0.  Assuming the Bills lose to NE, they would end up 4-1 against the common opponents.  Ravens still have Colts and Bengals.  If one of the losses is to these teams-- other opponents are Pitt and Cleveland-- they end up at 4-1 as well.  Then it goes to strength of victories and then strength of schedule, and I have no idea how that works out. 

Now if there is a three way tie,  you do the same exercise but with the three teams.  Again, it all depends yet on tiebreakers.  But Ravens must lose two if Buffalo goes 3-1 to get to tiebreakers.

Actually if bills go 3-1 the ravens need to go 2-2 to reach 9-7 and we would actually have the tiebreaker over them and here's how: 

1st tiebreaker AFC record-both teams 7-5

2nd tiebreaker common opponents:

assuning we beat Fins twice and colts once we would both be 4-1 in 5 common games(assuming 1 of 2 ravens losses is to either colts or bengals)

3rd tiebreaker strength of victory: right now we lead that tiebreaker by a large margin giving us the wildcard over the ravens.