December Movies: Star Wars, Jumanji, & The Greatest Showman

Mark Vader

I felt like a total douche for actually paying to see Downsizing. I knew it was going to be eco propaganda but had no idea it was going to be over the top fear mongering. Horrible movie. A decent premise that they could have down so much more with instead of preaching and lecturing. 

On the positive side I really enjoyed "Disaster Artist" I didn't see that on your list, Mark. Maybe that was last month? Great little story and really good acting.

Edited by Dante

52 minutes ago, Dante said:

I felt like a total douche for actually paying to see Downsizing. I knew it was going to be eco propaganda but had no idea it was going to be over the top fear mongering. Horrible movie. A decent premise that they could have down so much more with instead of preaching and lecturing. 

On the positive side I really enjoyed "Disaster Artist" I didn't see that on your list, Mark. Maybe that was last month? Great little story and really good acting.

I listed "The Disaster Artist" with Independent Films in this post.

I have not seen it yet, but I've heard it's very good.

16 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I listed "The Disaster Artist" with Independent Films in this post.

I have not seen it yet, but I've heard it's very good.

You should see it, Mark. Very good. Especially James Franco. It kinda reminds me of "Ed Wood" if you ever saw that one.

23 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Yesterday I spent the whole day at the movie theater, and did a triple feature. What a great time it was.

First I watched, "I, Tonya". Very good. Margot Robbie is great. Lots of funny moments and sad moments too. Gives a very good perspective on how everything was portrayed in the media and what actually happened. Allison Janney is very good, as is Sebastian Stan.

Next up was, "The Shape of Water". Outstanding movie. Guillermo del Toro has a great flare for his movies, and you see it throughout this film. Sally Hawkins is great, and Michael Shannon is very good as well. I don't think it's the best picture of the year, but I can understand why it's getting such high marks.

Finally, I ended my day with "Darkest Hour". Another outstanding movie with a fantastic performance by Gary Oldman. He simply owns this film. Great job of portraying what the first few weeks of Churchill's time as Prime Minister was like.

All of these movies are worth seeing, although I can't say that "The Shape of Water" is for everyone. Still, give them all a look.

How much did you spend on hot dogs, pop corn etc? I hope you were at one of the really nice theaters with the big recliners and lots of leg room. And one that sells alcohol. ;) 

Edited by Dante

On 12/28/2017 at 9:18 AM, Dante said:

You should see it, Mark. Very good. Especially James Franco. It kinda reminds me of "Ed Wood" if you ever saw that one.

How much did you spend on hot dogs, pop corn etc? I hope you were at one of the really nice theaters with the big recliners and lots of leg room. And one that sells alcohol. ;) 

I do want to see "The Disaster Artist". I try to see as many potential Oscar films as I can.

I was at Cinearts Theater at Santana Row. I always bring my own food, but I will by a soda from there. Their remodeling of their theaters with the new reclining seats are nice, although the capacities are even smaller which isn't as fun.

I still hope that Century 21 becomes a living theater again, some day.