Andy Benoit: Eagles and Rams Developed Wentz and Goff the Right Way

On 12/7/2017 at 12:39 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

Kudo's to both.   

Unfortunately we won't know who they really are for another few seasons.  

Amen.  You gotta give them three or four years of quality play to say they are good or not.

Just a few years ago these same experts told us Robert Griffin and Colin Kaepernick and Russell Wilson will revolutionize the QB position in the NFL due to their success.  Only 1 of the the 3 is still in the NFL.  QB position has not been revolutionized.

On 12/7/2017 at 12:58 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

I was going to mention RG III but chose not to along with Jay Cutler,  Kyle Orton, Jake Plummer, Tim Tebow all over hyped JAG quarter backs 

hmmm all but RGIII played in Denver 

And they all made the playoffs (AFC Championship for Plummer).  Maybe we just need get a JAG QB and surround him with better OLIne, WRs, run game, and D?

On 12/7/2017 at 1:00 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

you are talking to a man who has anointed Nate a failure before he took the first snap in LA.   

So what's changed?  5 Ints and 1 TD  in 39 passes with 48.7 comp %?

Behind Goff and McVay, the Rams are this season's comeback story

In the offseason, Rams general manager Les Snead reupholstered the NFL's 32nd-ranked offense by hiring McVay, landing receivers Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods, drafting the NFL's most productive rookie receiver in Cooper Kupp and strengthening the offensive line by signing Sullivan and tackle Andrew Whitworth. Surrounded by more talent and more assured in his role, Goff has become the first Rams 3,000-yard passer since Sam Bradford while leading the team to a 9-3 record and a one-game lead over Seattle in the NFC West heading into Week 14.

The more football I watch the more I'm convinced coaches make the players.  Brady at his level it probably wouldn't matter which coordinator came in because he can basically call his own plays, but for most coaches make the player.  Look at Ryan this year compared to last.  Look at Denver's offense with Gase and then Dennison.  Look at ours with Lynn/Roman now Dennison.  There are a handful of coaches that make players better and we need one of those coaches.  Draft a QB early in the draft, develop Peterman, keep Taylor, whatever they decide if they keep Dennison I am going to have low expectations.

11 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

The more football I watch the more I'm convinced coaches make the players.  Brady at his level it probably wouldn't matter which coordinator came in because he can basically call his own plays, but for most coaches make the player.  Look at Ryan this year compared to last.  Look at Denver's offense with Gase and then Dennison.  Look at ours with Lynn/Roman now Dennison.  There are a handful of coaches that make players better and we need one of those coaches.  Draft a QB early in the draft, develop Peterman, keep Taylor, whatever they decide if they keep Dennison I am going to have low expectations.

It's all about the QB.

Good QB play makes everyone else look better.

Bad QB play makes everyone else look incompetent.