Josh Rosen hitches his wagon to Cowherd? (update -declares for draft)

YoloinOhio

Cowherd says he knows (or at least has met) the family and just this morning said the Browns should take the bigger Darnold to play in the cold weather. I believe he used the word “skinny” in describing Rosen...hardly a compliment for a football player. 

Edited by Augie

Just now, Augie said:

Cowherd says he knows (or at least has met) the family and just this morning said the Browns should take the bigger Darnold to play in the cold weather. I believe he used the word “skinny” in describing Rosen...hardly a compliment for a football player. 

Cowherd doesn't want his buddy to suffer through the career suicide that is Browns QB.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Cowherd doesn't want his buddy to suffer through the career suicide that is Browns QB.

My buddy the Browns fan isn’t too upset they didn’t take Wentz or Watson, he’s sure they would have ruined them already.... Oh the life of those poor Browns fans. They make US look like winners! 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, the skycap said:

This is why I don't want him as the Bills QB. He seems primadonna-ish to me. Reminds me of Jeff George.

I have heard he is arrogant and not universally liked by his teammates and I don't think he would do well in the cold or be durable. Hoping the Bills dont go for him, hope they avoid Allen as well. 56% comp 2 yrs in a row in a weak conference is not very impressive. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

As I've said before: Matt Miller does a good job with player evaluations, but he has terrible sources.

At this point I'm open on the qb issue. But without a doubt Rosen throws the best pro ball from an accuracy, anticipation, tight windows, range of throws etc. When you watch him play it's apparent his team isn't very talented. He is constantly under duress yet still makes some impressive throws. The first thing I would do if I were able to get him was to make it a priority to upgrade the line and give him a chance to exhibit his talents. What happened in Indianapolis with Luck was stupid. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/7/2017 at 8:29 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

Darnold is a lot more durable than Rosen is. Josh has missed several games over the last 2 seasons. If Cleveland picks Rosen, it will be another mistake by the lake.

Not sure about that.  The Browns have the opportunity to get some solid protection for Rosen and surround him with weapons.

Caveat:  It is the Browns we are talking about so all bets are off.

• 2 weeks later...

Rosen is a better passer and it's not really close.  Darnold will be a game manager at the next level.  He can't put the team on his back like Rosen has proven he can.  Darnold needs a good running game and playmakers around him.  That's fine if you have a good nucleus around the player like what Dak has in Dallas.  He can have success but he's not like Brady or Rodgers where he can do it all on his own.  I think he's staying in school anyhow so doesn't matter either way.  He will be the #1 QB coming out next year.  This year it's Rosen and for his sake hopefully he somehow falls to the Giants.  A fancy pants kid like him won't do well in middle of nowhere Cleveland surrounded by a bad team.  He will lose interest fast.  He would do much better in NY where he has good receivers and he has a lot going on around him to stimulate his senses and keep him happy.  Wouldn't it be funny if Cleveland took Manziel 2.0 (Mayfield) and passed on Rosen?  I don't think they are that dumb though.  Even they can't screw this one up

21 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Rosen is a better passer and it's not really close.  Darnold will be a game manager at the next level.  He can't put the team on his back like Rosen has proven he can.  Darnold needs a good running game and playmakers around him.  That's fine if you have a good nucleus around the player like what Dak has in Dallas.  He can have success but he's not like Brady or Rodgers where he can do it all on his own.  I think he's staying in school anyhow so doesn't matter either way.  He will be the #1 QB coming out next year.  This year it's Rosen and for his sake hopefully he somehow falls to the Giants.  A fancy pants kid like him won't do well in middle of nowhere Cleveland surrounded by a bad team.  He will lose interest fast.  He would do much better in NY where he has good receivers and he has a lot going on around him to stimulate his senses and keep him happy.  Wouldn't it be funny if Cleveland took Manziel 2.0 (Mayfield) and passed on Rosen?  I don't think they are that dumb though.  Even they can't screw this one up

When did Rosen put a team on his back?  The guy won less than 60% of his games at the college level, with legitimate scholarship level football players on his team.  He wasn't playing with the teams Josh Allen had.  I know we have been back and forth on this, but I feel like your argument that he put his team on his back is baseless.  He threw a lot of passes, and lost a lot of games doing so.   And just for good measure, he was playing Pac 12 defenses which don't get enough credit for being bad.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/20/2017 at 12:32 PM, kdiggz said:

Darnold can't put a team on his back?? Did you miss last year, along with the giant come back in the rose bowl?

Rosen is a better passer but he needs help too, it's not like he has a ton of come from behind wins.

Mayfield is not Manziel and its not even close. Mayfield is the best QB this year and if he was 2 inches taller would be the consensus number one pick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.