• Announcements

• SDS

Problems logging in?   11/05/2017

I know a few people are getting logged out too quickly. I don't have the answer to that yet.   However, one change that occurred is that there is no longer a log in name and a separate display name. The upgrade discarded the log in name and now uses the display name. So, to log in:   Username: <display name> Password: <your password>   If you need to contact me to find out what your display name is use: Contact Us  and we can get things sorted out.
YoloinOhio

Browns Fire Sashi, announce Hue Jackson will return in 2018 (Dorsey may have other plans)

23 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

And to think there are people that want the Bills to make that exact mistake.

I would love to hear you pontificate as to who/what/where/how you think Bills fans want the Bills to make that exact mistake.   Not trying to pick a fight.  I think everyone wants to have a legit Franchise QB but obviously how to get one and who to get might be cause for the disagreements.  Please enlighten me.  Thanks,

29 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Moneyball  passed on Wentz,  Goff, Trubisky, and Watson.  :cry:

Agreed, but that team is far from devoid of talent. They nailed the Garrett pick and are loaded with picks this year. Whoever runs the draft there this year has an immense opportunity. I never understood the hiring of a non-football guy, but I don't think he failed miserably in his attempt to add an influx of talent. They're going to be able to draft Rosen this year and that lineup is suddenly going to look a whole lot better.

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

Agreed, but that team is far from devoid of talent. They nailed the Garrett pick and are loaded with picks this year. Whoever runs the draft there this year has an immense opportunity. I never understood the hiring of a non-football guy, but I don't think he failed miserably in his attempt to add an influx of talent. They're going to be able to draft Rosen this year and that lineup is suddenly going to look a whole lot better.

They do have talent that's been assembled and are set up nicely moving forward with the draft capital they've accumulated. 

6 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

All those 11-5 seasons and playoffs were a nightmare 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

LOL.  Are you saying the Bills, or about nine other middling teams like the Skins,  Cards, Chargers, Vikes, Bucs and so on wouldn't have dominated that historically horrific division?

24 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Andrew Luck called and said building around a QB doesn't always work.

Your comment is built on the premise that the Colts did build around Luck.  The problem is they did not build around him.  Picking him was the right move.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have this odd feeling they will sign McCaron in free agency in an attempt to win now and save face with Hue.   I think its the wrong move but Cleveland usually cant get out of its own way, so it wouldnt be surprising.

In other words, Sashi got the Rob Chudzinski treatment.

I still don't understand how you hire a GM or head coach (Bills or Browns) and give them less than two years.  Dumb.

37 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

EXACTLY my point. The guy was on track, and didn't even get a SHOT at a QB.

Fail ownership there. Let's hope ours is smarter.

I do....but not looking promising so far

40 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

We are basing success rate off of "might". Alrighty then. You can do this with any GM's draft picks in a 2 year span, he just happened to have more from all the trading. 

Edited by BillsFan2313

18 minutes ago, Fred Marchibroda said:

I would love to hear you pontificate as to who/what/where/how you think Bills fans want the Bills to make that exact mistake.   Not trying to pick a fight.  I think everyone wants to have a legit Franchise QB but obviously how to get one and who to get might be cause for the disagreements.  Please enlighten me.  Thanks,

Use the search tool:

Here's one such thread where someone is questioning the worth of trading up and getting a QB at all cost.

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

In other words, Sashi got the Rob Chudzinski treatment.

I still don't understand how you hire a GM or head coach (Bills or Browns) and give them less than two years.  Dumb.

The guy was the team lawyer before GM.

His draft "hits"?  Big deal--he's just filling out a roster with a million holes. 

Glaring desperate need at QB and he passes on multiple chip shot picks--completely inexcusable.  Hoarding picks to build an awful team.

This was a dumb hire to begin with, so...no points for Haslam realizing this just now.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

The guy was the team lawyer before GM.

His draft "hits"?  Big deal--he's just filling out a roster with a million holes. 

Glaring desperate need at QB and he passes on multiple chip shot picks--completely inexcusable.  Hoarding picks to build an awful team.

This was a dumb hire to begin with, so...no points for Haslam realizing this just now.

This is the owner making this guy the scapegoat.  I have to believe that the owner was all in on the approach and especially the moves at the top of the draft. Those are organizational decisions.  The Factory of Sadness lives on.

49 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

+1. Sad but true

18 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Your comment is built on the premise that the Colts did build around Luck.  The problem is they did not build around him.  Picking him was the right move.

I forgot that Kim Jung QB cannot be questioned.  It is certainly the fault of the GM, owner, coach, and 52 other guys.  He is unquestionably the best there ever was.

1 minute ago, Peter said:

This is the owner making this guy the scapegoat.  I have to believe that the owner was all in on the approach and especially the moves at the top of the draft. Those are organizational decisions.  The Factory of Sadness lives on.

So much for organizational patience to see a plan through with any kind of long range vision.  Could be the success that Wentz and Goff are enjoying soured Haslam on the plan or possibly the botched McCarron trade.

55 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

There were . . . and it already happened.

There were . . . and it already happened.

Not exactly. While i agree they should have rid us of Taylor, I can understand why they didn't.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Who would want the job as a GM if your tied to Hue Jackson and can't hire your own coach? 

Doug Whaley has experience in that

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Not exactly. While i agree they should have rid us of Taylor, I can understand why they didn't.

I am referring to how the organization - not too long ago - preached how important continuity was and then decided to fire the head coach with the best winning percentage in the previous 17 years in LESS THAN two years notwithstanding significant injuries and being undermined by leaks just prior to huge games.

Just now, Peter said:

I am referring to how the organization - not too long ago - preached how important continuity was and then decided to fire the head coach with the best winning percentage in the previous 17 years in LESS THAN two years notwithstanding significant injuries and being undermined by leaks just prior to huge games.

Apologies, i misunderstood.

Rex had to go. But your point is well taken. Its just more added proof Pegula doesn't have a clue.

He preached continuity and decided not to retain Schwartz after the 2014 season and than the same thing with Lynn after last season. Continuity of GOOD things Terry lol.