Browns Fire Sashi, announce Hue Jackson will return in 2018 (Dorsey may have other plans)

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Acantha said:

He had his chance to take a QB, and as always that's what makes or breaks a GM.  Personally, I really liked what the Browns were doing.  Looks to me like most teams would be lucky to have Brown as part of their scouting/draft department.

Yeah, I loved what they were doing with the draft and accumulating picks. Just smart.

I guess he and Hue didn't get along and they chose Hue.

And yeah, as you say, not picking Wentz has hung around his neck like an anvil. They're likely to have a shot at one of the top two guys this year, though. I think the Browns' future is bright, though the owner seems dead-set on sabotaging himself and the organization.

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I hate Schoop but he kinda was right. The Browns just drafted really, really poorly.

if we miss the playoffs, would you rather have the 12-20 pick or the 1 overall?  As terrible as the Browns are, they still have a great chance at a really good qb prospect.

first overall. therefore my advocacy for the tank.

if you're not in the playoffs, there's no point in winning 4-8 games.

1 hour ago, st pete gogolak said:

Hey, this gives Hue Jackson a shot at obliterating Harvey Johnson's record as worst head coach of all time.  Harvey was 2-23-1 in two interim stints with the Bills and if my math is right Jackson is a scintillating 1-27 with the Browns. 

And some of our younger fans think this stretch of poor play is tough. The Harvey Johnson era was really "special"...

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Compared to the last two classes, yeah, I don't think it's as strong and those two classes had a ton of question marks as it was. I think Rosen is the only legit top 10 prospect at the moment. That said, if the Browns are convinced that a QB is worth it, and they feel they have the right environment for a rookie QB to come into, then they should go ahead and get their guy and be done with it. I just think there are far better prospects at other positions vs. the QB crop. 

You're spot on with regard to the idea that all prospects have warts. I think Cleveland would be better served by continuing to collect blue chip talent at the top of the draft in favor of better prospects at other positions without the those question marks. Screwing the pooch on a QB is different than screwing the pooch on any other position it seems. I don't think that's fair, but it's held to a different level of scrutiny. 

I disagree - the QB class this year is at least as good as last year. I think better and with more depth.  We should get our franchise guy unless we win out. So we get our franchise guy.

4 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

Bills need to take note....I'm hoping Beane and company are smarter than that.....but 2018 will tell us a lot about the philosophy. However, Beane and his staff haven't even had ONE draft yet...so, despite my caveat about the QB situation, I hope they at least get 2 years to acquire talent...

Remember, they’re not acquiring talent; they’re building a team.  ?

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

first overall. therefore my advocacy for the tank.

if you're not in the playoffs, there's no point in winning 4-8 games.

ANd there sums up my problem with the new regime.  THEy have half @ssed and they don't seem like they had a plan. They should have either went for the playoffs and not traded talented players for garbage replacements.  Or they should have traded everyone and let Taylor walk.

Their plan was broken.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

ANd there sums up my problem with the new regime.  THEy have half @ssed and they don't seem like they had a plan. They should have either went for the playoffs and not traded talented players for garbage replacements.  Or they should have traded everyone and let Taylor walk.

Their plan was broken.

I'd bet dollars to donuts Terry Pegula instructed them DIRECTLY not to tear to the studs. When they traded watkins, I thought for sure the tank was on.

But I think Pegula is over-sensitive to the fan caterwauling.

7 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Not very many

You're wrong. It's an awesome job.  You inherited a ton of draft picks and have no loyalty to the coach. Most GMs don't get to a 2nd coach but Cleveland's next one will.

Just now, joesixpack said:

I'd bet dollars to donuts Terry Pegula instructed them DIRECTLY not to tear to the studs. When they traded watkins, I thought for sure the tank was on.

But I think Pegula is over-sensitive to the fan caterwauling.

I think you're giving SM and his puppet GM way too much credit but we'll see. I'd honestly fire Beane and hire a  GM to oversee the Bald Ginger.  He has way too much undeserved power.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think you're giving SM and his puppet GM way too much credit but we'll see. I'd honestly fire Beane and hire a  GM to oversee the Bald Ginger.  He has way too much undeserved power.

Based on what? your opinion? Let's hope pegula has a vision bigger than that.

Edited by joesixpack

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Based on what? your opinion? Let's hope pegula has a vision bigger than that.

Jordan Matthews replacing Sammy. Trading Dareus in the middle of a playoff race.  Peterman puking all over himself.  Eric Lee.  Tolbert as a backup rb.  The Carolina getting much better after SM left.

lots of fails.  I'm fine with SM being the new version of Dick Jauron but he needs to be checked.  His little buddy Beane can't do that.  It's a problem.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Jordan Matthews replacing Sammy. Trading Dareus in the middle of a playoff race.  Peterman puking all over himself.  Eric Lee.  Tolbert as a backup rb.  The Carolina getting much better after SM left.

lots of fails.  I'm fine with SM being the new version of Dick Jauron but he needs to be checked.  His little buddy Beane can't do that.  It's a problem.

I'm noticing you're not mentioning his successes. so, I'll file this under the category of watkins whine.

I've noticed that people who hate McDermott tend to do that. Maximize what they consider (without factual backup) his failures while minimizing his quantifiable successes.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

After no drafts? And who says McDermott doesn't deserve it? People were saying it was a tank year but we were 5-2 before the wheels came off the Tyrod train. I think out of anyone, McDermott has earned what he has. He knew he was walking into a mess, he new it was going to get gutted, but he still had these guys ready to play. And Beane did exactly what Cleveland did, obtain draft picks. It's what he does with them this offseason.

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I notice you omitted signing Hyde, Poyer, getting Gaines in a trade and drafting White, essentially overhauling the entire secondary and having it be so good that teams just run all over us instead. Also ignoring how good Milano is.

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I'm noticing you're not mentioning his successes. so, I'll file this under the category of watkins whine.

I've noticed that people who hate McDermott tend to do that. Maximize what they consider (without factual backup) his failures while minimizing his quantifiable successes.

We're 6-6 in one of the worst playoff races in recent years.  He single handedly cost as a game with the Peterman decision.  

Like i said, I'm fine with him as coach.  I hate how much power he has and think it will cost us long term as it did this year.