Browns Fire Sashi, announce Hue Jackson will return in 2018 (Dorsey may have other plans)

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I absolutely am not kidding.  Despite the lack of great quarterback play the Browns have put together a nice roster.   There are plenty of coaches who get teams to a .500 record despite a quarterback, take for instance the last five years here in Buffalo.  What the Browns are left with now is coach who has won 1 game in the last two years, and who also seems to have major sway with ownership.   Maybe I am way off, but if I am a General Manager I want to hire my guy, not someone who has shown he has an agenda.

If they hire a new guy he better be on board with Hue Jackson do or die, because his entire first year as a GM will be a wash.  With the ownership they have in place, whoever they hire as GM now, if they have to keep Hue will be on the seat in a year looking to hire a new head coach.

I wouldn't assume that Jackson goes past this year, you could be right though I suppose.

23 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

And to think there are people that want the Bills to make that exact mistake.

I would love to hear you pontificate as to who/what/where/how you think Bills fans want the Bills to make that exact mistake.   Not trying to pick a fight.  I think everyone wants to have a legit Franchise QB but obviously how to get one and who to get might be cause for the disagreements.  Please enlighten me.  Thanks,

29 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Moneyball  passed on Wentz,  Goff, Trubisky, and Watson.  :cry:

Agreed, but that team is far from devoid of talent. They nailed the Garrett pick and are loaded with picks this year. Whoever runs the draft there this year has an immense opportunity. I never understood the hiring of a non-football guy, but I don't think he failed miserably in his attempt to add an influx of talent. They're going to be able to draft Rosen this year and that lineup is suddenly going to look a whole lot better.

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

Agreed, but that team is far from devoid of talent. They nailed the Garrett pick and are loaded with picks this year. Whoever runs the draft there this year has an immense opportunity. I never understood the hiring of a non-football guy, but I don't think he failed miserably in his attempt to add an influx of talent. They're going to be able to draft Rosen this year and that lineup is suddenly going to look a whole lot better.

They do have talent that's been assembled and are set up nicely moving forward with the draft capital they've accumulated. 

6 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

All those 11-5 seasons and playoffs were a nightmare ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

LOL.  Are you saying the Bills, or about nine other middling teams like the Skins,  Cards, Chargers, Vikes, Bucs and so on wouldn't have dominated that historically horrific division?

24 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Andrew Luck called and said building around a QB doesn't always work.

Your comment is built on the premise that the Colts did build around Luck.  The problem is they did not build around him.  Picking him was the right move.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1