Browns Fire Sashi, announce Hue Jackson will return in 2018 (Dorsey may have other plans)

YoloinOhio

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

No way that happens IMO. 

Yeah.....it's just wishful thinking...when all the other years the Browns pass on good to great QBs and the ONE year the Bills are actually primed to make a good decision on a QB, *that's* the year the Browns take one in the top 5....still hoping the drinking water is somehow contaminated with a "QB aversion" poison....

3 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Bills need to take note....I'm hoping Beane and company are smarter than that.....but 2018 will tell us a lot about the philosophy. However, Beane and his staff haven't even had ONE draft yet...so, despite my caveat about the QB situation, I hope they at least get 2 years to acquire talent...

Ha! I recall Mike Schopp lauding the Browns as the model rebuild and how the Bills would be smart to follow their blueprint.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Woodman19 said:

This is what lots of fans here seem to want.  Dumping executives and coaches after the first moment of anger towards them.

This guy gets it, and the scary thing is the number of Bills fans that are currently on board this very train.

STUPID.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

EXACTLY my point. The guy was on track, and didn't even get a SHOT at a QB.

Fail ownership there. Let's hope ours is smarter.

He had his chance to take a QB, and as always that's what makes or breaks a GM.  Personally, I really liked what the Browns were doing.  Looks to me like most teams would be lucky to have Brown as part of their scouting/draft department.

Just now, Acantha said:

He had his chance to take a QB, and as always that's what makes or breaks a GM.  Personally, I really liked what the Browns were doing.  Looks to me like most teams would be lucky to have Brown as part of their scouting/draft department.

26CopyPaste posted a twitter link that shows just how effective the guy had been despite the w/l record.

Just now, joesixpack said:

it's like the whole anti-sabres-tank argument.

the tank worked. you got your main guy. it's what you did AFTERWARD that failed.

They picked the wrong main guy and so could any team.  Go ahead and blame everyone else if you want but Luck has been a debacle when compared to the resources expended for him.  Alex Smith went 20 some picks before Aaron Rodgers and was a consensus better prospect by all of these geniuses.  Another team picked a guy in the 6th round and did ok.

If it were easy, all of these stupid discussions could be avoided.  Why not just draft the backup QB from Southeast Utah State Ag and Tech?  As long as we make him a top 5 pick we'll be awesome for a decade.

But...but...but...MONEYBALL!!!  I was told countless times how the baseball guy would wow the NFL with a new way of building a roster!

Actually the owner is the guy who needs to go, but we know that won't happen.

Edited by eball

The issue isn’t that their drafts have “sucked” over last 2 years, it's that they continuously pass on elite talent and QB at the top  of the draft that they  are consistently positioned to get due to their poor record. That is where the difference makers are... they are right in their lap and they say nah, we’re good with more “multi-year contributors.” What does that even mean? They aren’t cut after 1 year? Congrats. Two years ago they drafted 5(!) WRs including one in the 1st and they are all bad or gone. They have added some good talent but the guys they have passed up at the top at key positions like Qb and pass rusher that can transform a team is egregious. Joey Bosa was right down the street! 

14 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Are you kidding? It's one job of 32. Factor in all of the picks they have on the books. The Browns could give a retread GM a real chance to put them self back on the map.

I absolutely am not kidding.  Despite the lack of great quarterback play the Browns have put together a nice roster.   There are plenty of coaches who get teams to a .500 record despite a quarterback, take for instance the last five years here in Buffalo.  What the Browns are left with now is coach who has won 1 game in the last two years, and who also seems to have major sway with ownership.   Maybe I am way off, but if I am a General Manager I want to hire my guy, not someone who has shown he has an agenda.

If they hire a new guy he better be on board with Hue Jackson do or die, because his entire first year as a GM will be a wash.  With the ownership they have in place, whoever they hire as GM now, if they have to keep Hue will be on the seat in a year looking to hire a new head coach.

Edited by thenorthremembers