Attendance Sunday?

4 minutes ago, Peter said:

$4 tickets for the Indy game tells one all one needs to know about what the Buffalo Bills fan base thinks of McBeane and the "process" better than anything anyone could post or say on the subject.  Ugh.

Good thing fans are dumb.

Not quite as "exciting" as hiring Rex, huh?

11 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

You coming in for the game?

Been “supporting” for 15 years of season tix. Been to so many pointless november and december games. I do not blame a single soul who wants to sit this one out.

So many posts in this thread have covered my exact sentiments.

Especially the one that touched on the “romance” of hanging in there and supporting the Ralph Bills to keep

them here. I’ve done my part and I no longer feel that sense of “duty” to support a multi-billionaire who is botching BOTH franchises in this town. Yes, thanks for ‘saving’ our teams, but I do not have that same loyalty to the Pegulas.

The TP Bills feel like a bad sequel to me. I will admit, I’m a throwback kinda guy. I loved Ralph’s AFL legacy, I loved that he was a thorn in the side of the big boys for so long. I loved that he kept that old-school mentality. Was he the greatest owner? Probably not. But he was certainly one of the most genuine, and I can appreciate that.

I thought I’d hang in with season tickets until we get a new building, but as I get a bit older my time becomes more valuable than sitting in the cold all day for a soulless team. 

As some others touched on, on top of not being very good,this squad is flat and boring. The vibe at the stadium completely reflected that at the Pats game. One of the most apathetic crowds I’ve ever experienced, and it made me realize how worn down a lot of this fanbase really is. Going through the motions. Again.

I’ll still attend games in the

future , but I’m done with season tickets. It’s been a fun run, but I’m ready to let it go. Breaks my heart a bit, I haven’t been on my couch for a home kickoff in over a decade.

No, not coming in again. I flew in for two games (Jets and Raiders) Kelley club and being out of work, that's my limit. I'll be back next year. If I lived in WNY and could get a ticket for $5 you bet I would go to the game. The pre-game is worth the price of admission alone! Not sure you can blame Pegs, they hired respectable people but have suffered sour results along with the rest of us. Are you insinuating he (they) are a Cleveland ownership scenario? I think not..

On 12/7/2017 at 10:59 PM, fridge said:

How do you figure? The team has always had poor attendance in the final couple games of the season.

No, they didn't.  Not when late season games meant something like back in the 90s.  We wanted to see the Carp come to Rich Stadium in December and freeze their aqua and orange arses off.

2 minutes ago, SoTier said:

No, they didn't.  Not when late season games meant something like back in the 90s.  We wanted to see the Carp come to Rich Stadium in December and freeze their aqua and orange arses off.

Sorry if it was unclear.  By always I was implying since Brandon took over.  Within context it makes sense and of course it was packed when we were good.

I really just think the credit Brandon gets is laughable. We're inherently a passionate fan base and he deserves no credit for that. A quick, and un-scientific example...

This year Cleveland is averaging a 86.3% attendance rate. The last time we were that terrible... Chan Gailey's first year (2010), our attendance rate was 86.5%.

3 hours ago, SWATeam said:

Good thing fans are dumb.

Not quite as "exciting" as hiring Rex, huh?

I am glad that you are enjoying the "process."

As for me, lately when I have to take a you know what (begins with "d" and rhymes with rump), I now ask myself what "process" would McCoach go through.  

Edited by Peter

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I am glad that you are enjoying the "process."

As for me, lately when I have to take a you know what (begins with "d" and rhymes with rump), I now ask myself what "process" would McCoach go through.  

The “process” has already exceeded all prognosticators win total projections for the year.  It is year one for the “process.”  Excuse me if I’m not yet ready to run them out of town.

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

The “process” has already exceeded all prognosticators win total projections for the year.  It is year one for the “process.”  Excuse me if I’m not yet ready to run them out of town.

Our start was due to having the 10th easiest schedule in the league. It was a mirage.  Don't get too excited.

As for your last comment, I trust that you made it because you have not read my posts stating that, even though I am not impressed, I do not see myself advocating that they be let go in less than two years (as so many did with the last staff). 

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I'm not sure what you don't understand.

This team is no different from what we've seen over the drought. It's another Jauronesque Bills performance. 

Most fans who were buying tickets see that. For some reason you don't. 

Wow, are you this joyless in the rest of your life?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/9/2017 at 11:01 AM, Elite Poster said:

Yes, the opener will do that to you.... Literally every game at new era besides the opener and MAYBE a dolphins or pats game is very affordable. I've been sitting exactly where I want to (50 yard line, first row, 300s) for 1-2 games a year for around $120 for the last 7-8 years. IMO, that's the best seat in the house and a god damn bargain. The money you spend on food and beer should not be an indictment to the ticket price. Just tailgate and you'll only need a couple beers from inside the stadium which sets you back $15-20 if that? If you park, don't do it at the stadium, there are plenty of lots around the corner that are cheaper and tailgate hot spots. If you split things up with a group, it's a $200 day for 9-4pm and all you can eat or drink.

Sign me up. 

I understand what you are saying.

I was pricing the cost of the opening weekend, that includes a motel and the TBD tailgate not just the ticket price.

I can (and have) scored tickets for a lot less for other games, left in the early A.M (no hotel or Saturday night parties), and never buy beer or food inside the stadium.

You either spend too much time in line at the concessions or rest room. I also do not like to be buzzed *during* the game

I park at Hammers because I can always find friends, food, and drink there to share.

If you are pricing out the cost in your example for one person, then it is the same as my cost per person for two people from 7PM Saturday to 7PM Sunday.

I have made it to at least one game a year since probably the 1980's. ;)

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:22 AM, rockpile said:

On opening day, I had two "nosebleed" seats in the upper deck. It was a beautiful day and I mainly went for the TBD tailgate. I stayed over on Saturday at the Motel 6, to see more friends, and all I wanted was a cheap place to crash.

Adding up the sum of two tickets, gas, tolls (only 160 mile round trip), food, beer, and parking, it was easily a $400 day (and night) for two people.

It was a wonderful time, do not get me wrong, but it was CHEAP for me compared to folks from WAY out of town. Please note I bought no food or drink inside the stadium. I also bought no souvenirs. 

I do not know how the regular fan with a couple of kids could cover this very often, if at all.

I went to the Denver game by myself.  I have a 5+ hour drive, one-way (not complaining - just explaining).  I kept track of every penny I spent for the weekend.  This includes my ticket, beers that I bring for myself and to share with others, food for tailgaiting, Hammer's parking fee, gas, tolls, hotel expenses, my yearly trip to the Bar Bill Tavern and my yearly late Sunday night pizza order.  No food/beverage inside and no souvenirs.  I stayed two nights at $128/night.  Total was $613.  That's for one game and by myself.

Edited by Gugny

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I went to the Denver game by myself.  I have a 5+ hour drive, one-way (not complaining - just explaining).  I kept track of every penny I spent for the weekend.  This includes my ticket, beers that I bring for myself and to share with others, food for tailgaiting, Hammer's parking fee, gas, tolls, hotel expenses, my yearly trip to the Bar Bill Tavern and my yearly late Sunday night pizza order.  No food/beverage inside and no souvenirs.  I stayed two nights at $128/night.  Total was $613.  That's for one game and by myself.

$128 per night???? Where'd you stay? The Ritz Carlton geezzzz

Only 3 games left to the season. We are in an exciting hunt for a playoffs spot. We are not even mathematically eliminated for the first place in our division. Last home game of the season against a divisional opponent and tickets for Sunday are $13????? Are you kidding me? People love December football. Yeah right. And we have a thread making fun of the fans in Los Angeles.  

On 12/7/2017 at 2:32 PM, Curt said:

The Bills have a huge huge problem. They didn't raise the price of their tickets for a little while now. Their average price is way below the rest of the league. My Bills tickets are $59 and my Seahawks tickets (who are not as good as my Bills tickets) are $96. There is no way that the Bills will increase their prices for 2018 and despite all that Bills tickets are currently selling for only 10% of their face value (Already very low). All that with a month left in the season and the team only 1 game behind in the playoffs hunt. It doesn't look good. For now it's the owner's problem but I hope that it will not become the fans' problem.....

They have a tiered ticket price system now.  They sold a more single game tickets at start of year when the games were hot at a much higher price than $59.

All I will say to those doom and gloomers that refused to attend the game because we didn't win enough games this year, my family and I all agreed it was one of the best experiences we've ever had together.  From the second we pulled the RV into Hammers Lot as the very first flakes started to fly until we got back to Rochester that evening.

Many thanks to the football gods for reinforcing the fact that being a true fan and supporting your team optimistically is always a far better way to live than the alternative.

What a memory.

did the Bills ever guestimate size of actual attendance on Sunday? Box score says 60K, but we all know that's what was sold. I am guessing 35K.

Miss the old days at Rich and Danny Neaverath announcemnet.

Tickets sold..80,022,

No shows...14!!!

and we were all "who were the 14???

• Like (+1) 1

So what was the actual attendance 

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

did the Bills ever guestimate size of actual attendance on Sunday? Box score says 60K, but we all know that's what was sold. I am guessing 35K.

Miss the old days at Rich and Danny Neaverath announcemnet.

Tickets sold..80,022,

No shows...14!!!

and we were all "who were the 14???

No kidding, and Stan Roberts as well