Attendance Sunday?

11 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Maybe it's just me but I can't believe it's an issue to anyone. It's been out of the news for weeks. But then again, I don't watch a certain news channel or follow a certain politician's tweets.

What is so hard to believe? Lack of attendance? Less advertising revenue? Perhaps you can send Deborah Wasserman-Schultz an e-mail and ask her if you are allowed to view the situation with an open mind. :o:lol:

Edited by Bill from NYC

9 hours ago, Bills Fan of Maryland said:

Hey Bills fans - forget the record, embrace the cold and go to the game! You'll have a great time and will never beat the price of admission. 

Support your team!!

You coming in for the game?

Been “supporting” for 15 years of season tix. Been to so many pointless november and december games. I do not blame a single soul who wants to sit this one out.

So many posts in this thread have covered my exact sentiments.

Especially the one that touched on the “romance” of hanging in there and supporting the Ralph Bills to keep

them here. I’ve done my part and I no longer feel that sense of “duty” to support a multi-billionaire who is botching BOTH franchises in this town. Yes, thanks for ‘saving’ our teams, but I do not have that same loyalty to the Pegulas.

The TP Bills feel like a bad sequel to me. I will admit, I’m a throwback kinda guy. I loved Ralph’s AFL legacy, I loved that he was a thorn in the side of the big boys for so long. I loved that he kept that old-school mentality. Was he the greatest owner? Probably not. But he was certainly one of the most genuine, and I can appreciate that.

I thought I’d hang in with season tickets until we get a new building, but as I get a bit older my time becomes more valuable than sitting in the cold all day for a soulless team. 

As some others touched on, on top of not being very good,this squad is flat and boring. The vibe at the stadium completely reflected that at the Pats game. One of the most apathetic crowds I’ve ever experienced, and it made me realize how worn down a lot of this fanbase really is. Going through the motions. Again.

I’ll still attend games in the

future , but I’m done with season tickets. It’s been a fun run, but I’m ready to let it go. Breaks my heart a bit, I haven’t been on my couch for a home kickoff in over a decade.

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

The vibe at the stadium completely reflected that at the Pats game. One of the most apathetic crowds I’ve ever experienced, and it made me realize how worn down a lot of this fanbase really is. Going through the motions. Again.

I’ll still attend games in the

future , but I’m done with season tickets. It’s been a fun run, but I’m ready to let it go. Breaks my heart a bit, I haven’t been on my couch for a home kickoff in over a decade.

Jeremy White said the same thing, think that has a lot to do with the pure dominance of the Pats as well, but no doubt the Bills record is the overriding factor. I had to make a decision whether to come to Pats or Colts game, I chose Colts cause I figured I wanted a chance to see a win!

It is damn hard to justify seasons, especially for us out of towners. I think the last 7 years collectively of the two teams just being god awful is finally, finally starting to take a toll. People are losing the will to go to the games, there just appears no hope and no real path forward for either team at this time. Its hard on the psyche, no matter what PTR says.

• Like (+1) 1

Back to the topic. 

Looks like our flight to BUF from DC today is still on but not certain. We have our reds together & looking forward to the game. 

Bringing extra clothes in case lake effect on Sun cancels the return flight.

5 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

What is so hard to believe? Lack of attendance? Less advertising revenue? Perhaps you can send Deborah Wasserman-Schultz an e-mail and ask her if you are allowed to view the situation with an open mind. :o:lol:

Open mind. Good one.

17 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

The Bills no longer have the fear advantage. It was much easier to sell tickets to meaningless games in December when people had the specter of losing their team hanging over their heads.

Reality sets in a bit more when the romantic ideal of supporting your team to show them how much you care is gone.   All of us still care, we wouldnt be on a message board otherwise.  The tickets may only cost six dollars a piece, but add parking a few beers and some food to the equation and you still end up with a close to $75 dollar outing.  May not be a lot to some of you, but when it's around Christmas and you have other things to spend your money on watching a 6-6 team with the slim hopes of being in the playoffs play a 3-9 team in the snow doesnt sound that appealing.

The league tried to do the Bills a favor by making the Patriots games later in the season but it still didnt shake out.

This a 100%. Sal C from WGR550 says people are now more inclined to go because the team is safe but I whole heartily disagree for the reason you mentioned. Once again its another December where you need to figure out the formula to fly to the Bermuda Triangle in order for the Bills to make it in.  People are not fooled anymore and the incentive to go because they may leave is non existent so yea Ill stay home and watch.

Yep, I know plenty more tix holders that feel this way.

Showing loyalty to Ralph with our wallets doesn’t exist anymore with “drill a well” Terry.

I have a hunch the ticket office already knows what their numbers are gonna look like next year and it’s not gonna be pretty. They are already cold calling season tix holders for “feedback”(read: sales pitch).

I wonder if they’ll  have the nerve to raise prices next season.

10 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

There was 0 progress being made with Rex. None. 

The guy got lazy after he got paid. He went into cruise control(except when we played the Jets and the Patriots sometimes). There was a reason we had the most amount of coaches in the league under Rex.(because he didn't want to do ****) 

The problem is Pegula doesn't know what he's doing so he's basically throwing darts at a wall and guessing when he picks these guys and they take advantage. Hence the reason McDermott, a first time HC has so much power here. 

I was hoping Pegula would throw the kitchen sink at someone like Coughlin to run the football OPs but I'm not sure if that was possible or not. Offer him enough money and I'm sure it would've been. Coughlin also has ties to WNY. 

Listen, I know a bunch of you guys dislike Rex.  We have been round and round on this. Objectively, he was the best coach in Buffalo Bills franchise history for the previous 17 years.  You guys can say what you will, but that is the fact from which none of you can escape.

There was no reason to fire him and certainly no reason that compelled ownership to fire him in less than two years. Now, we have been forced to start anew yet again.  This time with McBeane.  The fans have voted with their wallets. $4 tickets.  Yay.

P.S. Setting aside the Rex discussion, I cannot say I disagree regarding your Coughlin comments.  He would have been ok.  I also was advocating righting a wrong and hiring Wade.  Wade never should have been fired and is a great coach (in my view). Wade also loves Buffalo and would have been very happy to return.

Edited by Peter

21 hours ago, corta765 said:

My wife is a diehard Bills fan like me but her favorite QB is Luck. SOOO of course bought tickets row 8 141 sec for $150 back in summer which are now wayyy cheaper and Luckless haha

That's football :)

My wife wanted to buy tickets for a December game at full price right when they went on sale in the summer as well.  I told her to wait until mid-season.  If the Bills were doing badly you will get tickets dirt cheap.  If they are doing good you will still get them cheaper than face because it's in Buffalo in December.  Bottom line, never pay face for December Bills tickets.

Edited by CodeMonkey

On 12/7/2017 at 10:22 AM, rockpile said:

On opening day, I had two "nosebleed" seats in the upper deck. It was a beautiful day and I mainly went for the TBD tailgate. I stayed over on Saturday at the Motel 6, to see more friends, and all I wanted was a cheap place to crash.

Adding up the sum of two tickets, gas, tolls (only 160 mile round trip), food, beer, and parking, it was easily a $400 day (and night) for two people.

It was a wonderful time, do not get me wrong, but it was CHEAP for me compared to folks from WAY out of town. Please note I bought no food or drink inside the stadium. I also bought no souvenirs. 

I do not know how the regular fan with a couple of kids could cover this very often, if at all.

Yes, the opener will do that to you.... Literally every game at new era besides the opener and MAYBE a dolphins or pats game is very affordable. I've been sitting exactly where I want to (50 yard line, first row, 300s) for 1-2 games a year for around $120 for the last 7-8 years. IMO, that's the best seat in the house and a god damn bargain. The money you spend on food and beer should not be an indictment to the ticket price. Just tailgate and you'll only need a couple beers from inside the stadium which sets you back $15-20 if that? If you park, don't do it at the stadium, there are plenty of lots around the corner that are cheaper and tailgate hot spots. If you split things up with a group, it's a $200 day for 9-4pm and all you can eat or drink.

Sign me up. 

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Yep, I know plenty more tix holders that feel this way.

Showing loyalty to Ralph with our wallets doesn’t exist anymore with “drill a well” Terry.

I have a hunch the ticket office already knows what their numbers are gonna look like next year and it’s not gonna be pretty. They are already cold calling season tix holders for “feedback”(read: sales pitch).

I wonder if they’ll  have the nerve to raise prices next season.

For what it's worth I was just talking to one of my brother's best friends yesterday and he was telling me how his wife has a friend who is a Bills Ticket Rep and he said "Were F***ed" when it comes to selling season tickets next year.

I know I'm done after this year, It has just gotten to the point for me personally I no longer really enjoy the hassle of spending a whole day and a ton of money on going to all of the game.  The atmosphere has changed drastically even over the last 5-10 years.  It feels like more of a chore to go now then something I am actually enjoying.  Would much rather spend my discretionary income on golf trips 

On 12/7/2017 at 1:33 PM, Idandria said:

I remember going to a game against Indy in December. It was SOOOOOOOOOO cold. And I think the Bills were totally eliminated at that point. But anyway, I guess we still have an outside shot at the playoffs. I hope the Ralph is rocking on Sunday!

Was that the game Manning didn’t play (or maybe only played one series to continue is streak) because Colts had seeding locked up and we won by like 40? I was there too.

5 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

For what it's worth I was just talking to one of my brother's best friends yesterday and he was telling me how his wife has a friend who is a Bills Ticket Rep and he said "Were F***ed" when it comes to selling season tickets next year.

I know I'm done after this year, It has just gotten to the point for me personally I no longer really enjoy the hassle of spending a whole day and a ton of money on going to all of the game.  The atmosphere has changed drastically even over the last 5-10 years.  It feels like more of a chore to go now then something I am actually enjoying.  Would much rather spend my discretionary income on golf trips 

I suspected that.  Season tickets already are down big time this year.  That has affected the entire re-sale market.  As I have posted, I am an out of town season ticket holder.  My Dad got season tickets at the inception of the franchise.  After my Dad passed away, I continued the season tickets for sentimental reasons and because they are in the lower bowl on the 45 yard line.

This year has been the worst year that I have had for being able to re-sell tickets to games to which I could  not attend.   Keep in mind that my goal is basically to break even on the collection of games that I cannot attend in a particular season.  People have voted loudly and clearly with their wallets as to what they think about McBeane and what is happening with the Bills.  I was not even able to sell my seats to the home opener for face value. 

I probably will continue to keep the season tickets (because I am too sentimental and am an idiot), but is it really a smart decision financially or otherwise? $4 tickets for the Indy game tells one all one needs to know about what the Buffalo Bills fan base thinks of McBeane and the "process" better than anything anyone could post or say on the subject.  Ugh.

Edited by Peter
  • Like (+1) 1