Attendance Sunday?

13 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

All joking aside all of the people that always want to see Russ gone this is what they should be talking about (not team performance). When the tickets drop to $6 and the fans become apathetic he is in trouble. Wins and losses were never going to impact how he was judged in the building. He will be judged on the strength of the brand. 

How do you figure? The team has always had poor attendance in the final couple games of the season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

As dumb as it sounds, I bet you if they announced Peterman as the starter on Tuesday...there would have been a lot more interest. People would have been into seeing the Rookie start at home. IMO people are done with Tyrod. That might not be the only reason, but I bet you it’s a big one. If they came out tomorrow and said Peterman is starting, those tickets would get gobbled up.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

The brand and wins and losses go hand in hand.

When the team blows year in and year out people don't want to go. Not much good ole Russ can do about it.

You are Russ's wet dream. 

This is all common sense.

The Bills have been a **** product for years now. People know a **** product when they see one(despite being 6-6 and one game behind the WC). 

Fans would rather do something else then waste their time watching the typical Bills result. 

I say good for them.

So you're a fair weather fan.

There's a place for you guys in the world of sports, i'm just on another level than you, and luckily so are tons of other die hard Bills fans.

I've noticed that sports and online forums can bring out the pessimist and cynic in the worst way, especially when they're combined.

13 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

We are coming in from Rochester in the RV for our first game of the year.  Eight of us.  I don't give a crap about the future, we're all ready to go with our red on red, lots of food, drink and  looking forward to beating up the Dolts.   Our view is too many people worry about wins and losses and the enjoyment of watching the game of football itself can get overlooked.

Remember, if you dress properly you're warmer than the guy on the couch. 

Looking forward to the first Peterman to Reilly TD baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow what a loser mentality. We don't care about no wins or losses we just came here to get trashed and cheeeeeer on ourrrr team!!!!!

41 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

So you're a fair weather fan.

There's a place for you guys in the world of sports, i'm just on another level than you, and luckily so are tons of other die hard Bills fans.

I've noticed that sports and online forums can bring out the pessimist and cynic in the worst way, especially when they're combined.

How is a guy who isn't worried about the future, doesn't care about wins or losses, and talks about all his food and drink he's bringing to the game going to say they are on another level of fandom than someone?

First of all, it's childish. We are all fans, it's so petty to say I'm a better fan than you. Second of all, you don't care about the future or if they win. You're  contributing to the environment a lot of people complain about, that people aren't there to watch them win, they just want to party.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Wow what a loser mentality. We don't care about no wins or losses we just came here to get trashed and cheeeeeer on ourrrr team!!!!!

How is a guy who isn't worried about the future, doesn't care about wins or losses, and talks about all his food and drink he's bringing to the game going to say they are on another level of fandom than someone?

First of all, it's childish. We are all fans, it's so petty to say I'm a better fan than you. Second of all, you don't care about the future or if they win. You're  contributing to the environment a lot of people complain about, that people aren't there to watch them win, they just want to party.

Never said i'm a better fan than you, only different.  I enjoy games even if we aren't going to the post season, and you said wins and losses is all that matters to you.  I think thats sad, you obviously think differently. There's no right or wrong mate, it's just a different outlook I guess.  

I'm watching my son put together his color rush red stuff for the game, he's so excited for the game.  Deep down we all know this isn't a championship team but it doesn't have to be in order to have fun.

16 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Yeah I don't care about how much the players make, I love H.S. and college ball too.    We just appreciate watching the actual game, enjoying the pro's playing the best game in the world.   Don't care for hockey or most other sports, just a football junkie.    

So when I hear people say they don't care about games because our record (or team) isn't good enough to get into in the post season, I find it funny because the games can still be awesome in December anyway.  We're going to have a blast Sunday win or lose.   Sorry for those of you who can't stomach it, not judging you-- it's just kinda sad to see fans cut the season short. 

I feel fortunate that I'm not in the "wins and losses is all that counts" club.  With 32 teams in the league, the averages say you'll end the season disappointed 31 out of every 32 years.  That's a lot of pain for something that's supposed to be fun.

If you're a football junkie, wouldn't you rather watch a better game? I love the Bills, don't get me wrong, but this isn't a competitive team playing an even worse team. It's going to be a trash game, if you like football. Just not comprehending this logic. But man, if it works for you, all power to you and hope you have a great time. Enjoy the game and hope you get to see a Bills win! 

21 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

a. Freezing yr A off at the stadium is worth it,and fun, when the game matters. 

b. You couldn’t pay me to go to a Sabres game these days. Snoozefest.

My son and I want to see vegas play, otherwise yeah.

16 hours ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

This topic comes up every season at this time of the year. Why would anyone want to go to this game? That’s the real question. I’ll only watch on TV because I have nothing else to do. I wouldn’t  put effort into leaving the house to attend. This season is toast, and there is very little intrigue to this game. 

My wife wants to go.  She loves Kenny's tailgate and goes for the event, not the game.  

56 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

My son and I want to see vegas play, otherwise yeah.

My wife wants to go.  She loves Kenny's tailgate and goes for the event, not the game.  

My wife is a diehard Bills fan like me but her favorite QB is Luck. SOOO of course bought tickets row 8 141 sec for $150 back in summer which are now wayyy cheaper and Luckless haha

On 12/7/2017 at 9:31 AM, Shaw66 said:

I drive over six hours to the game.   By the end of the Pats game I had decided that I'm shutting it down for the season. 

Anyone want two tickets, for free?  PM me. 

I’m like 6.5 out and after the Jet game in NJ this year, I said I’m not driving all the way back up to orchard park until after this team makes the playoffs again. I’m so tired of being disappointed and it’s just not fun to make that drive up anymore. Tired of sitting there durrung a loss and wondering why I keep doing it to myself. I can just watch on tv. At least met life is only an hour ride home.

I just checked Stub Hub out of curiosity.  Not a pretty picture if you are looking to sell tickets.

I wonder how this year is going to effect season tickets sales for this coming year.  Season ticket sales already were down coming into this season. 

People are voting loud and clear with their wallets regarding what they think of the moves the Bills have made in 2017 and what they think of the "process."

This is pretty depressing.

21 minutes ago, Peter said:

I just checked Stub Hub out of curiosity.  Not a pretty picture if you are looking to sell tickets.

I wonder how this year is going to effect season tickets sales for this coming year.  Season ticket sales already were down coming into this season. 

People are voting loud and clear with their wallets regarding what they think of the moves the Bills have made in 2017 and what they think of the "process."

Depressing was losing 4 Superbowls in a row. This is nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:05 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

What happened to people showing up in December when the games mattered?

I am guessing that the 2 main reasons are the fan boycott, and that Bills Fans do not have a realistic expectation of winning due to years of no playoffs?

What do you think?

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

Depressing was losing 4 Superbowls in a row. This is nothing.

At least we had hope (and a good team etc.) back then. People were not selling tickets for $4 back then either.

16 hours ago, fridge said:

How do you figure? The team has always had poor attendance in the final couple games of the season.

....SEVENTEEN years could (COUGH) be a part of it......if Bflo was firmly "in the hunt" come December WITHOUT 327 different "mathematical ways" they could hopefully back into the playoffs, I'd bet the picture changes substantially even if weather was extreme...........

38 minutes ago, Peter said:

So I gave up my seasons and my wife and I instead did the 3 games (Saints, Raiders, & Colts). I wouldn't have done the Colts but she loves Luck and we got them when it was expected he was playing.

Now we are going to go and have fun, but it was a bummer to see the price drop so much when we paid $140 for row 8 sec 141.

I gave up our seasons because of the time commitment mostly. I will say though that for me to get seasons again it will be a prove it situation. I will still go to games 3-4 plus 1 out of town if possible (I am planning on going to MIN to see them next year), watch on TV, and support them hard. BUT the seasons thing is a commitment and with how the games become so cheap in the bad seasons which we have had many of, its easier to just wait for the price to drop then renew. Coming from Rochester only makes it harder also.

6 minutes ago, corta765 said:

So I gave up my seasons and my wife and I instead did the 3 games (Saints, Raiders, & Colts). I wouldn't have done the Colts but she loves Luck and we got them when it was expected he was playing.

Now we are going to go and have fun, but it was a bummer to see the price drop so much when we paid $140 for row 8 sec 141.

I gave up our seasons because of the time commitment mostly. I will say though that for me to get seasons again it will be a prove it situation. I will still go to games 3-4 plus 1 out of town if possible (I am planning on going to MIN to see them next year), watch on TV, and support them hard. BUT the seasons thing is a commitment and with how the games become so cheap in the bad seasons which we have had many of, its easier to just wait for the price to drop then renew. Coming from Rochester only makes it harder also.

I am an out of town season ticket holder.  My family has had season tickets since the inception.  I continued them after my Dad died.  My only goal is to break even on the collection of games that I cannot attend in any particular season. 

As I mentioned in another post, I was not even able to sell my tickets to the home freaking opener at face value.  That has NEVER happened before.  This year has been a buyers' market like no other.

I probably will renew the season tickets (for sentimental reasons more than anything else at this point) although it is getting harder, and harder, and harder to justify spending the money on season tickets. 

No matter what people may say, write, argue, profess here, the fact of the matter is that fans are voting loudly and clearly with their wallets about the decisions that have been made in 2017.  It is not pretty.

Edited by Peter
  • Like (+1) 1