Attendance Sunday?

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

We are now seeing $6 NFL tickets on the secondary market.

"The NFL" isn't the one charging crazy prices for parking and in-stadium food. 

With gas and tolls, and parking on someone's lawn and polishing off a six pack and a few dogs at a tailgate before you walk in---I bet you could do the same trip Sunday for less than half of what you paid before. 

See above.  The Bills tickets can be had for less than an Indoor Lacrosse game.   The ticket to actually get in to see the game is now the cheapest part of the day.

The NFL isn't charging $6 per ticket.   Someone who put that ticket on nfl exchange or stubhub for $6 paid an average of $92.98, to a NFL team,  last season.

The NFL teams also charge rent and/or takes a percentage from the parking and concessions. The rent for the concessions plays a huge factor in the price of goods sold.

Graph taken from here

Capture.JPG

Edited by CodeMonkey

6 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

They were $6 at kickoff this past sunday too. 

Around $10 for New Orleans at kickoff as well. 

I’ll be sure to mention this when they start shaking me down to renew in January.

Jesus.  Sabre tickets are similar; you can't give them away apparently.

I bet there are a lot of season ticket holders for both teams asking why they committed to lay out all that cash.

Mike Schopp dedicated a segment to this not long ago, as he personally pays for a block of Sabres season tickets with some friends.  He was resenting the fact that he, with a S.T. discount, still paid like $90 a ticket, while everyone around him in the building buying them online the day of the game was paying a small fraction of that.

That stuff would make me mad!

If in fact the OP is correct and there is a 40,000 or 50,000 crowd on Sunday for the Colts, I'd be really surprised, but maybe I shouldn't be.

I have frozen my ass off plenty in that stadium over the years; that **** is not fun.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Idandria said:

I remember going to a game against Indy in December. It was SOOOOOOOOOO cold. And I think the Bills were totally eliminated at that point. But anyway, I guess we still have an outside shot at the playoffs. I hope the Ralph is rocking on Sunday!

Back when we were good, we played a December (I believe) home game against New Orleans.  It was freaking cold in that stadium that day and it was snowing.  During TV timeouts, machines were zipping around clearing snow off the 5 and 10 yard markers so you could see where the hell the field was under the snow.

I will never forget that game!  I froze my ass off, like I was ready to be hospitalized at halftime.  I was there with my dad, and he saved my life by getting us into his employer's luxury suite, where we knew people, at halftime.  We watched the 2nd half from the box where it was warm and I was wolfing down chicken fingers.  LOL.

I have no fond memories of that stadium in the cold (there is no where to go to warm up but for a luxury box) and would not hold a grudge against any Bills fan who says "Screw that, I'll watch on my TV."

EDIT:  Doing some research, the game I remember must have been December 10, 1989.  Saints at Buffalo.  We lost the game 22-19.

Attendance was 70, 037.

Mark my words, that was a freaking cold, snowy day.  Pretty good crowd, but the team was good!

Edited by Fadingpain

37 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Unfortunately I have a remembrance event to attend for a friend who passed away. So I won't even be able to watch the game live. Otherwise, I'd be there. And you know how far I travel.

Sorry to hear about your friend. And I mean that.

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

All joking aside all of the people that always want to see Russ gone this is what they should be talking about (not team performance). When the tickets drop to $6 and the fans become apathetic he is in trouble. Wins and losses were never going to impact how he was judged in the building. He will be judged on the strength of the brand. 

Agree.  IMO, the only way to ever get rid of Brandon and his minions' influence over the way the Bills operate as a football team is if fans stop going to games.  Back in the mid/late 80s, when Bills' attendance plummeted (crowds under 30k were common in a stadium that held 80k then), and Wilson responded by putting a "football guy" in charge: Bill Polian.  

I think that the "honeymoon" is ending between the Pegulas and a lot of Bills fans who had hope that new ownership would mean a new emphasis on winning football games.  Instead, it looks like the new owner is following the same course as the old owner.  That the Sabres have sucked under Pegula's ownership doesn't give fans a lot of optimism that things are going to improve for the Bills, either. 

Will fan discontent translate into a big enough drop in ticket sales to force Brandon and Co out, and if that happens, does it mean the Bills will improve on the field?  I don't know the answer to either question as I don't have a particularly good crystal ball.  What I do know is that this is one fan who is no longer a season ticket holder and is unlikely to attend any Bills game until there's a significant improvement in the product the team puts on the field.

8 hours ago, DasNootz said:

This year's season ticket profit/loss for me. 

Two seats lower bowl end zone  $550/piece+/-: 

Jets attended w/ friend who paid $60.

Denver attended w/ daughter
Tampa Bay - sold both seats for $120 combined

Oakland - sold both for $150 combined

New Orleans - sold both for $102.50

New England - attended with friend who paid $50

Indy - Maybe sell for $10 combined... maybe?

Miami - Maybe sell for $20 combined... maybe?

I'm about 4 hours away, and can't make the Miami game due to holiday scheduling. Indy, I'm a toss up to come use.  Without family day this year for pre-season, we didn't not go to a preseason game, and there is 0 market for those tickets.

Up to this point:

Total paid out: $1,100
Total Collected from secondary market sales or sales to friends: $460 - possibly
Total Tickets Used by Me and Family: 4
Average true cost per ticket used by me and my family:  $160.00

This pattern is certainly representative of the last 10+ years.

It makes me seriously question if I should give them up and just buy individual games instead.  At some point the shiny badge of honor of having season tickets wears off.  If they ever went to a PSL, I'd definitely be done.

So, to sum it up....you paid 68.75 per ticket. Right? Quityerbitchin.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

5 hours ago, uticaclub said:

This isn’t !@#$ing tee ball. After the tailgate is over, Wins and losses is all that matters. I don’t care if the players are having fun, they’re millionaires they can buy fun

Yeah I don't care about how much the players make, I love H.S. and college ball too.    We just appreciate watching the actual game, enjoying the pro's playing the best game in the world.   Don't care for hockey or most other sports, just a football junkie.    

So when I hear people say they don't care about games because our record (or team) isn't good enough to get into in the post season, I find it funny because the games can still be awesome in December anyway.  We're going to have a blast Sunday win or lose.   Sorry for those of you who can't stomach it, not judging you-- it's just kinda sad to see fans cut the season short. 

I feel fortunate that I'm not in the "wins and losses is all that counts" club.  With 32 teams in the league, the averages say you'll end the season disappointed 31 out of every 32 years.  That's a lot of pain for something that's supposed to be fun.

Edited by Da webster guy

This topic comes up every season at this time of the year. Why would anyone want to go to this game? That’s the real question. I’ll only watch on TV because I have nothing else to do. I wouldn’t  put effort into leaving the house to attend. This season is toast, and there is very little intrigue to this game. 

26 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

This topic comes up every season at this time of the year. Why would anyone want to go to this game? That’s the real question. I’ll only watch on TV because I have nothing else to do. I wouldn’t  put effort into leaving the house to attend. This season is toast, and there is very little intrigue to this game. 

For me, there is always something interesting to watch.  Currently, I’m interested in the young guys.  White, Zay, Dawkins, Milano.  Even the call up of Reilly is interesting.  Personally, I can’t imagine ever missing a game.

37 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Exactly. Maybe this is considered sacrilege around here, but ... my opinion has always been that football is actually better on TV, on a wide screen, at home.  I love going to games for the atmosphere even though the actual game-watching experience is inferior. But take away that atmosphere - an atmosphere that has to do almost completely with hope and the chance of winning and being there as a playoff run happens - and suddenly the calculation gets real easy. Add in some bad weather and it's a no-brainer. Stay home and watch. By the way, Broncos tickets (vs. Jets) here in Colorado, with a beautiful day around 60 degrees expected, can be had for about 40 bucks, probably cheaper from the scalpers on game day. So it's not just a Buffalo or weather thing. It's a losing team human thing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Exactly. Maybe this is considered sacrilege around here, but ... my opinion has always been that football is actually better on TV, on a wide screen, at home.  I love going to games for the atmosphere even though the actual game-watching experience is inferior. But take away that atmosphere - an atmosphere that has to do almost completely with hope and the chance of winning and being there as a playoff run happens - and suddenly the calculation gets real easy. Add in some bad weather and it's a no-brainer. Stay home and watch. By the way, Broncos tickets (vs. Jets) here in Colorado, with a beautiful day around 60 degrees expected, can be had for about 40 bucks, probably cheaper from the scalpers on game day. So it's not just a Buffalo or weather thing. It's a losing team human thing.

Absolutely. Attending a game is all about the atmosphere. Whenever I attend a game, I’m amazed by how much I missed after seeing the telecast later on. The game is the entertainment to the largest party in Buffalo. Watching the Colts in December is a lose lose scenario. A victory does little to excite, while a loss would simply add to the depressing nature of this team. 

21 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

For me, there is always something interesting to watch.  Currently, I’m interested in the young guys.  White, Zay, Dawkins, Milano.  Even the call up of Reilly is interesting.  Personally, I can’t imagine ever missing a game.

I’ve admittedly become too jaded. For many years I’d never dream of missing a Bills game, but that’s  changed a bit over the past few seasons. My interest in this team wanes heavily by December every season. I’d like to think that I’m still a devout fan, but just not at the level of those who never miss a game. I can only imagine how disinterested the casual fans are. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

Yeah I don't care about how much the players make, I love H.S. and college ball too.    We just appreciate watching the actual game, enjoying the pro's playing the best game in the world.   Don't care for hockey or most other sports, just a football junkie.    

So when I hear people say they don't care about games because our record (or team) isn't good enough to get into in the post season, I find it funny because the games can still be awesome in December anyway.  We're going to have a blast Sunday win or lose.   Sorry for those of you who can't stomach it, not judging you-- it's just kinda sad to see fans cut the season short. 

I feel fortunate that I'm not in the "wins and losses is all that counts" club.  With 32 teams in the league, the averages say you'll end the season disappointed 31 out of every 32 years.  That's a lot of pain for something that's supposed to be fun.

Agree with this post 

30 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Absolutely. Attending a game is all about the atmosphere. Whenever I attend a game, I’m amazed by how much I missed after seeing the telecast later on. The game is the entertainment to the largest party in Buffalo. Watching the Colts in December is a lose lose scenario. A victory does little to excite, while a loss would simply add to the depressing nature of this team. 

I’ve admittedly become too jaded. For many years I’d never dream of missing a Bills game, but that’s  changed a bit over the past few seasons. My interest in this team wanes heavily by December every season. I’d like to think that I’m still a devout fan, but just not at the level of those who never miss a game. I can only imagine how disinterested the casual fans are. 

I have to admit, the older I get ... the more it sometimes seems like I'm set free on Sunday afternoons after Thanksgiving, when the Bills are typically all but mathematically eliminated. I can do other things!  Get the Christmas shopping done. Go skiing (in recent years, Sunday afternoons were prime time in Colorado - everyone was watching the Broncos. I don't think that'll be the case this year). Maybe even do some home improvements.  I always say maybe I'll skip the Sunday Ticket next year. And then I always come back ....

Just build a 60,000 seat dome in the same parking lot as the Ralph. The romance of people embracing the weather is just not a modern reality.  Use it for year round conventions/concerts/special events/NCAA basketball etc. Can you imagine how loud Bills fans could get an inclosed stadium? The other teams offense would have no shot at hearing.

• Like (+1) 1