Attendance Sunday?

39 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

This year's season ticket profit/loss for me. 

Two seats lower bowl end zone  $550/piece+/-: 

Jets attended w/ friend who paid $60.

Denver attended w/ daughter
Tampa Bay - sold both seats for $120 combined

Oakland - sold both for $150 combined

New Orleans - sold both for $102.50

New England - attended with friend who paid $50

Indy - Maybe sell for $10 combined... maybe?

Miami - Maybe sell for $20 combined... maybe?

I'm about 4 hours away, and can't make the Miami game due to holiday scheduling. Indy, I'm a toss up to come use.  Without family day this year for pre-season, we didn't not go to a preseason game, and there is 0 market for those tickets.

Up to this point:

Total paid out: $1,100
Total Collected from secondary market sales or sales to friends: $460 - possibly
Total Tickets Used by Me and Family: 4
Average true cost per ticket used by me and my family:  $160.00

This pattern is certainly representative of the last 10+ years.

It makes me seriously question if I should give them up and just buy individual games instead.  At some point the shiny badge of honor of having season tickets wears off.  If they ever went to a PSL, I'd definitely be done.

That was the hardest part last off season.  I was a proud season ticket holder.  Had been to (a modest by soem standards) 39 straight home games,  something I was very proud of.  I was sure as the next season rolled around I'd feel depressed that I no longer had season tickets.  However that was not the case.  I still  will have attended 3, maybe 4 games this season which is enough to get me my fill. My crew still meets up, but rather now at each others houses or bars for the games.  The hardest part of being a season ticket holder is not being up at 6 am or the late season depressing games but when they are on back to back..and back weekends.  The days are so long and take a lot out of me, even only being an hour down the road.  I no longer have the comradery of MY section (331, row 26, seat 2) which I do miss.  But on the flip side I do like picking different spots in the stadium to experience each individual game.  

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Keep this in mind when people insist the new stadium be open air because "real football" is played in the elements.

Yeah, indoors and tickets off the net for say $25 and I'll go.  Outside and just $6, no thanks.  No interest at all

For something different to do, the NEW  RR bridge in Letchworth goes operational this weekend.  Nice picture opportunity.  Better yet if you have a drone

Edited by MarkyMannn

I figure 45 - 50K for the first half and 30 - 35 K to start the second half.  Two struggling teams getting ready to play in poor weather and it's the middle game of 3 in a row at home.  Several people I tailgate with are skipping this one as they have long 5+ hour drives to the stadium and can't do 3 weekends of that in a row.

I've been offered free tickets 3 times now.  As far as badges of honor go, next year is 15 years for me, I'll stick around and get the piece of paper to hang in my office, but I'm going game by game the years after that. 

1 hour ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

That was the hardest part last off season.  I was a proud season ticket holder.  Had been to (a modest by soem standards) 39 straight home games,  something I was very proud of.  I was sure as the next season rolled around I'd feel depressed that I no longer had season tickets.  However that was not the case.  I still  will have attended 3, maybe 4 games this season which is enough to get me my fill. My crew still meets up, but rather now at each others houses or bars for the games.  The hardest part of being a season ticket holder is not being up at 6 am or the late season depressing games but when they are on back to back..and back weekends.  The days are so long and take a lot out of me, even only being an hour down the road.  I no longer have the comradery of MY section (331, row 26, seat 2) which I do miss.  But on the flip side I do like picking different spots in the stadium to experience each individual game.  

My group gets together for all of the games that we don’t attend live. We still eat, drink, and experience all the benefits of a tailgate but from the comfort of our own hometown. Once you factor in  fuel, parking, hotels etc. i could easily buy  a new 70 inch LED..... and my seats are relatively Inexpensive compared to most of the stadium.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

As an out-of-town season ticket holder who relies on the NFL Ticket Exchange to sell tickets to games to which I cannot attend, I can tell you that this entire year has been a:

BUYERS' MARKET.

For the first time in history, I could not sell the tickets to the home opener for seats in the lower bowl on the 45 yard line . . . not even at face value.

Say what you will, but fans have let us know what they think about the "process" by voting with their wallets.

I probably will continue to get season tickets yet again (our family has had them since the inception of the franchise), but I do have my doubts.  Frankly, my only goal is to break even on the season (for the collection of games that I do not attend).  If I cannot at least break even, it becomes harder and harder and harder to justify keeping the season tickets.

I also have season tix for another popular team in the East and I'm having problems the past couple years.  It's not just the Bills, the ability to resell has gone from great to below face value in about 4 years.  It's crazy.  I'm about to get out of owning season tickets.  They are not reselling at face anymore even for a decent team.

4 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

They were $6 at kickoff this past sunday too. 

Around $10 for New Orleans at kickoff as well. 

I’ll be sure to mention this when they start shaking me down to renew in January.

I should have waited before paying 130 for my NO tickets on a resale sight months ahead of time.  :o

2 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

We are coming in from Rochester in the RV for our first game of the year.  Eight of us.  I don't give a crap about the future, we're all ready to go with our red on red, lots of food, drink and  looking forward to beating up the Dolts.   Our view is too many people worry about wins and losses and the enjoyment of watching the game of football itself can get overlooked.

Remember, if you dress properly you're warmer than the guy on the couch. 

Looking forward to the first Peterman to Reilly TD baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

This isn’t !@#$ing tee ball. After the tailgate is over, Wins and losses is all that matters. I don’t care if the players are having fun, they’re millionaires they can buy fun

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

FWIW, they had a hard time in December even back to the Super Bowl years.

This is true. I recall late season games vs Eagles ( very good at the time) and New England ( not very good) being blacked out locally during the 1st Super Bowl season. There's a segment of the market that doesn't want to sit outside in the cold. It's always been that way. If the Bills had won another game , say at Jets and Ravens had dropped a game the interest would be stronger. Most realize the playoffs are again a long shot. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

But Bills fans are the best fans in the country- just ask any of them.

I used to think that we had the very best fans in all of sports . . . that was until I was at a game when many fans stood up and cheered when our starting QB got hurt because they wanted the other (diminutive) QB to play.  I was truly embarrassed and realized that our fans are far from the very best.

Now, my view is that we have a lot of good fans and not so good fans. 

1 minute ago, Peter said:

I used to think that we had the very best fans in all of sports . . . that was until I was at a game when many fans stood up and cheered when our starting QB got hurt because they wanted the other (diminutive) QB to play.  I was truly embarrassed and realized that our fans are far from the very best.

Now, my view is that we have a lot of good fans and not so good fans. 

just like every other city in the country.

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Watch the press conference and the player interviews. You can almost see the bags of golf clubs and swim trunks packed in the background. This doesn't look or sound like a team that's ready to play a game on Sunday.  They sound more like a bunch of kids anxious to go out and make a snowman!

Not if you're looking at EII's locker.

The Bills have a huge huge problem. They didn't raise the price of their tickets for a little while now. Their average price is way below the rest of the league. My Bills tickets are $59 and my Seahawks tickets (who are not as good as my Bills tickets) are $96. There is no way that the Bills will increase their prices for 2018 and despite all that Bills tickets are currently selling for only 10% of their face value (Already very low). All that with a month left in the season and the team only 1 game behind in the playoffs hunt. It doesn't look good. For now it's the owner's problem but I hope that it will not become the fans' problem.....

21 minutes ago, Curt said:

The Bills have a huge huge problem. They didn't raise the price of their tickets for a little while now. Their average price is way below the rest of the league. My Bills tickets are $59 and my Seahawks tickets (who are not as good as my Bills tickets) are $96. There is no way that the Bills will increase their prices for 2018 and despite all that Bills tickets are currently selling for only 10% of their face value (Already very low). All that with a month left in the season and the team only 1 game behind in the playoffs hunt. It doesn't look good. For now it's the owner's problem but I hope that it will not become the fans' problem.....

Look at the rest of the league, the after market for most tickets are horrible it is not just Buffalo.  In fact some weeks the after market tickets for Bills home games are the most expensive in the league. 

3 hours ago, Peter said:

As an out-of-town season ticket holder who relies on the NFL Ticket Exchange to sell tickets to games to which I cannot attend, I can tell you that this entire year has been a:

BUYERS' MARKET.

For the first time in history, I could not sell the tickets to the home opener for seats in the lower bowl on the 45 yard line . . . not even at face value.

Say what you will, but fans have let us know what they think about the "process" by voting with their wallets.

I probably will continue to get season tickets yet again (our family has had them since the inception of the franchise), but I do have my doubts.  Frankly, my only goal is to break even on the season (for the collection of games that I do not attend).  If I cannot at least break even, it becomes harder and harder and harder to justify keeping the season tickets.

I also agree with this.  The aftermarket this year for Bills tickets have been the lowest in years