Attendance Sunday?

19 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Ha! Even then it was a problem. 1994 AFC Championship, Ch.2 had to buy thousands of tickets to avoid a blackout. 

People can argue about real football in the snow all they want. Reality is no one wants to freeze their azzes off. Build a dome, Mr. Pegula.

8K more seats as well...I watch some of the Green Bay games in late season.....Remember when I sat at Rich Stadium during the -30 WC game against Jets. Couldn't do that anymore

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't see a team that has given up. I do see a fan base that has.

Watch the press conference and the player interviews. You can almost see the bags of golf clubs and swim trunks packed in the background. This doesn't look or sound like a team that's ready to play a game on Sunday.  They sound more like a bunch of kids anxious to go out and make a snowman!

• Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

THE NFL IS PRICING OUT THE REGULAR FAN!!!!!!!

On opening day, I had two "nosebleed" seats in the upper deck. It was a beautiful day and I mainly went for the TBD tailgate. I stayed over on Saturday at the Motel 6, to see more friends, and all I wanted was a cheap place to crash.

Adding up the sum of two tickets, gas, tolls (only 160 mile round trip), food, beer, and parking, it was easily a $400 day (and night) for two people.

It was a wonderful time, do not get me wrong, but it was CHEAP for me compared to folks from WAY out of town. Please note I bought no food or drink inside the stadium. I also bought no souvenirs. 

I do not know how the regular fan with a couple of kids could cover this very often, if at all.

1 hour ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Except that in the 90s there was that blackout thing, which is no longer a thing.

Yeah that certainly plays into it as well.

10 minutes ago, rockpile said:

On opening day, I had two "nosebleed" seats in the upper deck. It was a beautiful day and I mainly went for the TBD tailgate. I stayed over on Saturday at the Motel 6, to see more friends, and all I wanted was a cheap place to crash.

Adding up the sum of two tickets, gas, tolls (only 160 mile round trip), food, beer, and parking, it was easily a $400 day (and night) for two people.

It was a wonderful time, do not get me wrong, but it was CHEAP for me compared to folks from WAY out of town. Please note I bought no food or drink inside the stadium. I also bought no souvenirs. 

I do not know how the regular fan with a couple of kids could cover this very often, if at all.

They can't.  Which is a problem the NFL has put themselves in. At least in small town economically challenged areas like Buffalo, the NFL has priced itself out of the regular fan, while at the same time trying to promote the experience as family friendly.  

31 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Watch the press conference and the player interviews. You can almost see the bags of golf clubs and swim trunks packed in the background. This doesn't look or sound like a team that's ready to play a game on Sunday.  They sound more like a bunch of kids anxious to go out and make a snowman!

Ha! Okay. You see that. I don't. People see what they want.

This year's season ticket profit/loss for me. 

Two seats lower bowl end zone  $550/piece+/-: 

Jets attended w/ friend who paid $60.

Denver attended w/ daughter
Tampa Bay - sold both seats for $120 combined

Oakland - sold both for $150 combined

New Orleans - sold both for $102.50

New England - attended with friend who paid $50

Indy - Maybe sell for $10 combined... maybe?

Miami - Maybe sell for $20 combined... maybe?

I'm about 4 hours away, and can't make the Miami game due to holiday scheduling. Indy, I'm a toss up to come use.  Without family day this year for pre-season, we didn't not go to a preseason game, and there is 0 market for those tickets.

Up to this point:

Total paid out: $1,100
Total Collected from secondary market sales or sales to friends: $460 - possibly
Total Tickets Used by Me and Family: 4
Average true cost per ticket used by me and my family:  $160.00

This pattern is certainly representative of the last 10+ years.

It makes me seriously question if I should give them up and just buy individual games instead.  At some point the shiny badge of honor of having season tickets wears off.  If they ever went to a PSL, I'd definitely be done.

Edited by DasNootz

52 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I think I'm dumping my season tix after this year.  I live too far and can't sell the late season games.   I'd rather cherry pick whatever game(s) I want to attend and buy 50 yard line seats probably for face value.

I get this sentiment. I will make six games this year, still think it may be overall cheaper to buy the six games individually and not eat the 4 games i don't make. 

1 hour ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Except that in the 90s there was that blackout thing, which is no longer a thing.

I think that is a real issue and was not happy when they dropped that rule, thought it would hit Buffalo especially hard. Has nit bad as bad as I thought.

Agree with the dome thing.I love Orchard Park and being outdoors, but know I am in the minority, especially in my age group of 50+

1 hour ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

For free would be taking advantage.

But I will take them for ten bucks each. You can pay me by check or paypal. 

:rimshot:

Ayyy!

Reminds me of my fave Bills/sports joke...(you really gotta sell the opening line)...

”My car got broken into last night. Had two tickets to the Bills game in my glovebox...now I have four.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Nothing like tailgating in the snow.....and while it doesn't look perfect for the playoffs, it's far from over. Do you people even realize how much worse this season could have been. It's had its ups and downs and the games still mean something going into the stretch. Go freaking enjoy it and we'll get our QB next year!

Just now, BuffaloBaumer said:

Nothing like tailgating in the snow.....and while it doesn't look perfect for the playoffs, it's far from over. Do you people even realize how much worse this season could have been. It's had its ups and downs and the games still mean something going into the stretch. Go freaking enjoy it and we'll get our QB next year!

I would have rather had a 4-12 season and a chance at the top QB than an 8-8 season where the Bills Draft 19th.

As an out-of-town season ticket holder who relies on the NFL Ticket Exchange to sell tickets to games to which I cannot attend, I can tell you that this entire year has been a:

BUYERS' MARKET.

For the first time in history, I could not sell the tickets to the home opener for seats in the lower bowl on the 45 yard line . . . not even at face value.

Say what you will, but fans have let us know what they think about the "process" by voting with their wallets.

I probably will continue to get season tickets yet again (our family has had them since the inception of the franchise), but I do have my doubts.  Frankly, my only goal is to break even on the season (for the collection of games that I do not attend).  If I cannot at least break even, it becomes harder and harder and harder to justify keeping the season tickets.

52 minutes ago, rockpile said:

We are now seeing $6 NFL tickets on the secondary market.

"The NFL" isn't the one charging crazy prices for parking and in-stadium food. 

With gas and tolls, and parking on someone's lawn and polishing off a six pack and a few dogs at a tailgate before you walk in---I bet you could do the same trip Sunday for less than half of what you paid before. 

43 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

Yeah that certainly plays into it as well.

They can't.  Which is a problem the NFL has put themselves in. At least in small town economically challenged areas like Buffalo, the NFL has priced itself out of the regular fan, while at the same time trying to promote the experience as family friendly.  

See above.  The Bills tickets can be had for less than an Indoor Lacrosse game.   The ticket to actually get in to see the game is now the cheapest part of the day.

I don't live in WNY anymore, but in Denver attendance is down, not to the level that is in Buffalo. There's plenty of factors IMHO, a fanbase suffering from a raging case of apathy (albeit a less severe case in Denver), not much return on investment, other/better options ie: watching from the comfort of your home or local bar, cheaper prices for food/beer/soda, traffic (especially in Denver's case) less chance of ending up a donnybrook at home or bar than at stadium, parking lot, wherever and of course weather.

First, I am going to the game this weekend and using my season tickets. I live about 500 miles away in VA and flying with my wife. It ends up being a family get together weekend as my sisters will be making Christmas cookies so I organize my trips around events like this as some of my family lives in WNY.

I have had some of my most memorable experiences and fun at snow games so looking forward to this one. 

Second, my resale results this year have been better than past seasons probably due to timing of when I sold them and the opponents.. Tix are lower bowl, 40 yd line, aisle seats. I sold my 2 tix for the Raiders, Saints, and Pats* for a combined $1,100. That funds my flights for games I am able to attend though I do not always fly. Drove up for the Bucs game.

Im out.

Part of it is buying currency with the wife so I can attend more WJC games.  I know its not over.... but we have seen this movie play out over and over again with the Bills.  For this season, it doesn't feel different (although I am encouraged for the future).

We are coming in from Rochester in the RV for our first game of the year.  Eight of us.  I don't give a crap about the future, we're all ready to go with our red on red, lots of food, drink and  looking forward to beating up the Dolts.   Our view is too many people worry about wins and losses and the enjoyment of watching the game of football itself can get overlooked.

Remember, if you dress properly you're warmer than the guy on the couch. 

Looking forward to the first Peterman to Reilly TD baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 2