Do you remember the first football game you went too?

Another Fan

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

I had to wait until my 3rd game to finally see the Bills score a point!

1971 Home opener against the Cowboys.

We lost but it was a great high scoring game!

That was an awesome game; both teams lit up the scoreboard!

I can't remember the exact game/opponent, but it was around 1963 or 1964.  The Cowboys had a deal where you could sit in the end zone for $1 at the Cotton bowl.  So I saved up my money several times and went with Aunts/Uncles/Grandfather.

One game I remember in particular was my Aunt was a big fan Hall of Famer running back/defensive back Mel Renfro.  But then Mel got hurt in the game running the football.  He never played RB after that.

First Bills game was in probably 1995 or 1996 against the Jaguars.  I remember in that game, I think it was the Attica HS Band, came out on the field and got in their formation for half time.  It was really cold.  But there was some injured player on the field.  So they had to wait.  By the time they hauled the player off, half time was over and they had to go back their seats.  Bummer.

Edited by reddogblitz

20 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The 1st game attended that I remember really well was the 1968 home game against the NYJ where Namath threw 5 picks.

I remember that game, since it at home the blackout was in effect but my neighbor had what was called a "rotary antenna" and picked up the game in North Tonawanda from Rochester  channel 10 clear as heck. The Bills won and we loved it because we beat the system!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, vorpma said:

I remember that game, since it at home the blackout was in effect but my neighbor had what was called a "rotary antenna" and picked up the game in North Tonawanda from Rochester  channel 10 clear as heck. The Bills won and we loved it because we beat the system!

In Dallas it was called a "Cowboy Antenna".

• Like (+1) 1

October 26, 1997.  Bills/Broncos at Rich Stadium.  Cold, rainy, miserable day in which neither my Broncos fan buddy nor I were prepared for bad weather.  I brought a girl who I'd met about a week earlier.  Nice looking blonde.  She and my buddy's girlfriend tailgated with us, then went shopping and picked us up after the game.  Was a great weekend, but the Bills lost in OT.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199710260buf.htm

First NFL game I went to also, Jim Kelly's debut against the Jets in 1986.  We lost, but the play I'll never forget was when the Bills had the ball on the Jets one yard line.  Joe Klecko purposely jumped the snap count and decked Kelly.  The Bills at least reacted, unlike this last week against Gronk.  The PF only cost the Jets half a yard, so Klecko got away with one.  Hated Klecko's guts ever since.

• Like (+1) 1

The first Bills game I went to was in the early to mid 70s I think it was against the Jets in buffalo . My brother-in-law took me he drink too much got sick and had to leave at halftime lol

Edited by PIP

32 minutes ago, vorpma said:

That was an awesome game; both teams lit up the scoreboard!

30 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

49-37.  I was also at that game. 

Wow, forgot it was that high scoring.

The biggest thing I remember about the game was Marlin Briscoe became my favorite Bill that day!

My first game was in 1974 against the Miami Dolphins, I was 9 years old.  I still remember a couple of things:

1. A banner hanging from the upper deck that said " The Juice will pour in 1974".

2. Watching warm ups by the railing behind the Bills bench.  A couple of players came over and started shooting the crap with me.

3. I think it was Mercury Morris getting  a nice wrestling body slam on the field.  He got up took two steps and went back down again.

4.  Getting yelled at by a couple Bills fans on the way out of the stadium because my dad bought me both Bills and Dolphins pennants. 

6 hours ago, The Poojer said:

might not be the first, but the first i went to 'by myself'.  In the early 70's i loved Fran Tarkenton....Minnesota came to Buffalo for a snow game(Chuck Foreman hurdled over a snowball that was thrown).  I was in 7th Grade at AV Zogg MS in Liverpool.  My folks let me leave school early, put me on a greyhound, made me sit directly behind the bus driver.  Took the bus to buffalo, my Aunt and Uncle picked me up.  We went to the game in their season tickets, and there i was in my Purple and Gold toque.  I loved the Bills, but Tark was my man!  One of my fondest memories

Was that the game a fan hit Foreman in the face with a snowball, also?

http://www.twincities.com/2014/10/15/vikings-chuck-foreman-still-struck-by-75-snowball-fiasco/