How many QB’s go in the first round

Dkollidas

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

Do you think the Bills are a qb away or do they need a lot more talent as well? The o line, d line, lb, wr etc all need infusion of talent for next year. Who is the guaranteed star qb to bet this draft on?  

They need more than a QB. But I’d rather go and get the QB now. The other pieces can be had in the next couple years. If you get a guy like Darnold, he’s what, 21? You have that long to build around him. And there already are some nice pieces here (White could be a #1, Dawkins a true LT, Zay Jones a solid #2-3 slot receiver, Benjamin a good, not great WR 1, Milano seems to look like a solid starter). 

But come on. Trade even all 3 1st’s is the next two years to move up. You still have 2 2nd’s & a 3rd this year alone. You might even be able to move Tyrod and get a decent pick (3rd rounder? Maybe even a 2nd from a team like Jacksonville if they’re dumb enough?) and you’ll have money in another year once you pull out from the dead weight of the Dareus, Tyrod, Glenn, etc contracts.

37 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Do you have a preference as to who "ours" could be?

First, I don’t claim to be an expert, but here’s the problem....the guys I’d want most won’t be around without some blockbuster trade. I’d want Darnold, then Rosen, then it gets messy. Allen lacked accuracy when I saw him and the stats seem to bear that out. Mayfield is short and has his questions, but a lot of people who do this for a living swear he’s got what it takes. I enjoyed watching Rudolph, but it’s hard to tell what he really is in that system against those defenses. And on and on...

If we can get one of the top two guys I think our odds go way up... How’s THAT for stating the obvious? :)  Maybe others have more confidence or stronger opinions with some of the other guys. I’ll just have to wait and see and hope for the best. Again. 

On 12/7/2017 at 8:43 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

I think you'll see a qb flurry early which will force teams to panic a little and pick a 1st round qb who might've been ranked lower. Over!

Could be 6-7.

You could b right but more often than not we see a couple of QBs go early while others slide unexpectedly.  I am betting that it will be @ 4 in the 1st round and the Bills will get one of them, using their trading power.  I hope they know exactly who they want and then go out and get him.

I'm feeling a bit down and this post will reflect that...

i think that the Bills will mess around and beat the Colts and Miami at least once, while I think KC will also manage to get to 8-8. - hopefully out of the playoffs.  

With two picks in the late teens, early 20s in round one and a mid and late 2nd, I just can't see how the Bills will be able to move up high enough to get Rosen, Darnold, Jackson or Mayfield - unless Mayfield measures very small.  Beyond thos guys, the remaining options probably leave them better off picking other positions and trying to move to the top of the 2nd to take a chance on someone like Josh Allen or settling for Mason Rudolph.  

Allen and Rudolph don't look like great prospects to me.  With Allen you have to talk yourself into believing that his accuracy can improve in the NFL and that his inability to dominate a low level of college competition is all because of his supporting cast.  With Rudolph, you somehow have to ignore that his arm strength is middling and his accuracy isn't special - even though he throws a lot of short passes.

I haven’t seen enough to have an opinion on him, but it strikes me that folks are looking too deep because the Bills’ are SO desperate to find a real NFL starting QB.  This might be an exceptional class, but it is TRULY rare to find even 3 good QB prospects in a single draft, I can’t believe that ther are 5 or more in this class, no matter how much we want that to be the case.

They really MUST get a QB, but they are going to be out of range for a great prospect - they are gonna have to settle on someone who has some redeeming qualities and some flaws and hope that works out.

On 12/7/2017 at 1:34 AM, Dkollidas said:

I would put the over/under at 4 or 4.5, and I’d take the over, especially if Darnold comes out.

Rosen

Darnold

Mayfield

Jackson

Allen

Rudolph

I think at least the first 5 will go in the top 32 for sure. With Rudolph it just depends how many go ahead of him and who comes out for the draft. 

Takeing the over

Darnold

Rosen

Allen

Jackson

Mayfield

Rudolph

will go IMO

Falk has a chance to sneak in late 1st

• 2 weeks later...

I think at least 4 in the first round and at least another 2 at the top of the second round. I think Baker Mayfield and Lamar Jackson slide into the 33-40 range. Rosen and Darnold top 5 and Rudolph and Allen 10-20s.

This is the year to take a QB, everyone here knows I like Josh Allen but the more and more I get to watch Mason Rudolph, the more I want him. He is a legitimate first round prospect, I think Rudolph could be a franchise QB. I wouldn't mind Allen either but I think if both are on the board, I take Rudolph. I'd rate the board like this:

1.) Josh Rosen

2.) Sam Darnold

3.) Mason Rudolph

4.) Josh Allen

5.) Baker Mayfield

6.) Lamar Jackson

I'm going to see if I can find some more full games to watch on YouTube. It's still really early, my board may change from now up to the draft but once again Mason Rudolph has rocketed up my board. This is the year to draft a QB. I'd gamble on any of my top 4, it would be wise to trade up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.