Bonnies b-ball coach trolls Bills

YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, xsoldier54 said:

I spent three years there as the Army Recruiting Station Commander in Olean.  My parents are from there and I still have family that live there.  Olean is a great place to live and St. Bonaventure is a beautiful campus.  Have you ever been to Buffalo and seen the vacant buildings and slums?     Yikes......

Every city has it's rotten side.  But then there is the rest of it....

1 hour ago, Gordio said:

Bonnies have got a very good team this year.  They have a real chance to go dancing come March & should be a fringe top 25 team all year.  That loss to Niagara is unexplainable, chalk it up to opening season jitters & a good night for the Eagles. 

They may be in play for winning their conference and getting to the Tournament, but I don't know about the "fringe top 25 team" comment. I just looked at the latest AP poll, and they are not even in the top 48 right now (top 25 are given rankings, and then there were 23 other schools in the "others receiving votes" group).

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought Niagara was good this year? I don’t follow them but thought I heard that on WGR.

Niagara is not good this year, they are by far the worst out of the 4 local teams & should finish in the bottom half of the division this year. 

2 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Their star player, Jaylen Adams, was hurt

Yes I know but come on they should of still handled them rather easily. 

49 minutes ago, Tommy said:

They may be in play for winning their conference and getting to the Tournament, but I don't know about the "fringe top 25 team" comment. I just looked at the latest AP poll, and they are not even in the top 48 right now (top 25 are given rankings, and then there were 23 other schools in the "others receiving votes" group).

Come March their RPI should be in the 30's/low 40s.  An early loss to a horrible Niagara team knocks you down a few pegs.  They have a better team than Syracuse this year.

1 hour ago, Gordio said:

Come March their RPI should be in the 30's/low 40s.  An early loss to a horrible Niagara team knocks you down a few pegs.  They have a better team than Syracuse this year.

Let's agree to disagree haha. Luckily we will find out on Dec 22nd when they play each other. :D

Honestly, who cares? Was the comment about the Jills in bad taste a bit, sure...But everyone is just uber sensitive these days.  Let's put shoe on other foot.

If there was a basketball coach at, say, UMass who was a diehard Buffalonian and did something similar - what would we say? "Awesome!" "Best quote ever!" 

There certainly wouldn't be the outrage.  I think there is hypersensitivity because it was about the Pats.   

Oh, and Go Bonas!

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

The town isn’t great, but the campus itself is beautiful. I loved going to school there.

Right town is not great even tho live close to town. College people are soo much better then people around to be honest. Arsenal,  cheating, people using others, stealing, kidnapping, murder, whole town's gone to crap... College students are very nice people. Like chilling with them. 

Bonnie coach is hell of a good coach. But hated the fact said let's go Pats.

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Let's agree to disagree haha. Luckily we will find out on Dec 22nd when they play each other. :D

I actually went to Syracuse for undergrad so I follow that team very closely.  This isn't one of Jimmy's better teams, trust me. 

7 minutes ago, Gordio said:

I actually went to Syracuse for undergrad so I follow that team very closely.  This isn't one of Jimmy's better teams, trust me. 

If Syracuse can make the Tourney this season it would be a good accomplishment for them. Extremely young and raw - no one-and-done type talents. Battle should be a Top 10 next summer, though. 

Syracuse vs. Saint Bona should be a good game. Both are very comparable from a competitive standpoint, imo.

10 minutes ago, Gordio said:

I'm a cuse alum and while not one of his better teams

it is one of his better defensive and rebounding teams 

and Tyus Battle is a first round pick

Cuse wins

27 minutes ago, Gordio said:

I also went to Syracuse for undergrad and I also follow them very closely. No one will argue with you about this not being one of Syracuse's better teams. I'm not expecting the game to be a blowout or anything. I'm sure it will be close, and it's very possible Bona wins. I just don't think one can definitively say that St. Bonaventure is absolutely better than Syracuse this year. Like I said, we can agree to disagree :). Go Cuse!

3 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

If your an alum of the school, that's pretty darn petty. 

I am not but my daughter is... and well I give my money to places I believe reflect my values. A western NY institution trolling another is not what I care to support. I will just give money to another cause I feel proud of.

Edited by aceman_16
  • Like (+1) 3