The Best Buffalo Bills Player To Be "Wasted" In The Drought

BuffaloRush

On 12/7/2017 at 9:01 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm not sure where this Hall of Fame Lesean McCoy thing came from. From Pro Football Reference, McCoy's top comparables:

Delvin Williams, Terry Metcalf, Wendell Tyler, Joe Cribbs, Chris Warren, Curt Warner, John Brockington, Sam Cunningham, Paul Lowe, Sherman Smith

Fine running backs, all of them. Not a Hall of Famer to be found among them. Not even really a good argument to be made for any of them. 

When it's all said and done, he likely finishes top 20 all time for rushing yards. Of all time players there, only 4 are not in the hall of fame. Three of them will be: Frank Gore, AP, and Steven Jackson. Among the top 20 rushers of all time, only 2 have better ypc. 

Ummmmm, not a really good argument though? One of the most efficient and productive RBs of all time. That's a pretty good argument. 

If 29 year old shady plays for 3 more years, he doesn't even need to have great seasons (around 800-900 yards a year) to pass Thurman's and OJs rushing yards mark and could possibly vault him into the top ten.

I'm all for a discussion, but I don't think both sides have a good argument here, you are siting running backs with less than 5,000 career rushing yards in 8-9 years of playing, maybe you need to use a better reference: did you just Google "RBs similar to LeSean McCoy" and post every name that came up to try and look like you know what your talking about?

Edited by Elite Poster

On 12/8/2017 at 9:23 PM, klos63 said:

Jairus Byrd- he was a dynamic player on the level of Ed Reed for most of his 5 years with the Bills.  I thought he was on his way to a HOF career.

YES great example.  He slipped my mind but I definitely should have added him to my life