The Best Buffalo Bills Player To Be "Wasted" In The Drought

BuffaloRush

If were going actual production and not just talent/potential I would go in this order:

1. London Fletcher (Dude might make the HOF)

2. LeSean McCoy (Recent but dear god is he good)

3. Kyle Williams (Enough said)

4. Fred Jackson (Enough said)

I understand those who would say Marshawn Lynch but he really made his mark more in Seattle.

NOW If we going off of talent regardless of if they actually hit their full potential my list looks like this:

1. CJ Spiller (He had one season where we saw what he really could do and before and after that season Chan couldn't out how to use him enough. I really believe had he had the proper coach and injuries didn't effect him the guy could've been an all time great. Different team and offense and I believe his story is far different)

2. Kyle Williams (If he wasn't in Buffalo aon a team that makes the playoffs a lot he might be in the discussion for the HOF some day. His numbers were always good and his play had almost zero drop off for a decade)

3. Eric Wood (When an offense is good and the QB play is good the line gets credit fair or not. Wood has always played at a pretty high level and with a better QB I think it would've enhanced his career)

4. Antoine Winfield (BUF completely botched this thinking Nate Clements was the better player and not wanting to pay him money to stay here. Clements was decent, but Winfield turned into a Pro Bowl CB and had a far longer more productive career. If the Bills had kept Winfield they don't end up drafting McKelvin because Clements leaving after 06 forced that draft pick and wasn't worth the money he wanted, Winfield was.)

The Bills have been serving as a farm team for the rest of the league.  Lots of success for those leaving.  That has to stop to produce a winner here.  As far a Jason Peters, he willingly violated his contract with the Bills....and is a no good individual, his legal word is not good.  He deliberately laid down on the job to get traded.   There needs to be a good faith effort clause in these big contracts.  (J Byrd did the same and is also somebody I never want to see again in Buffalo as he is also low character)

Eric Moulds, Fred Jackson and Kyle Williams are the names that first come to my mind.

Maybe Eric doesn't qualify for the topic but I really feel for him.  What a wasted talent!  If Moulds had (1) played for a playoff team with a good QB, and (2) stayed healthy, he would have gone to multiple Pro Bowls and received HOF votes.  While I liked Evans, Moulds was a much better receiver.

Regards to Freddy, I really disagree with the POV that he was a high-effort but humbly talented guy.  Freddy was continually forced to make something out of nothing.  Our OL was poor in Freddy's time.  As I recall, Fred was among the league's leaders in yards-after-contact a couple years.  And I remember reading PFF articles where Freddy rated high in their metrics as well.  Mostly, though, he was such a joy to watch.  Not OJ good - but still a very skilled runner.   

Edited by hondo in seattle

How about Leodis, he deserves the lawn pride he was so clearly deprived of.

JP, I swear to god he was capable of being a good QB.  If we had just hired Mike Sherman, he actually wanted to draft JP in Green Bay.  Thing look a lot different when you have a coach that actually wants you.

I saw someone mention Orton, obsofrigginlutely.  How about Craig Nall for the win?

14 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Punters are people too.

Brain Moorman (2001-2013)

Oh they didn't waste him , On the contrary the Bills inept offenses provided him with so many opportunities to punt that he became a punting superstar because of it!!!! There were definitely no cobwebs on his legs!!!