Should we try to trade Shaq?

GreggTX

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

This is the part where we pretend Shaq is good because he’s still on the team. Then when he’s gone we can admit that he’s just not that good.

he is quite nearly a rookie. and he is hardly BAD. 

wtf is going on here.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Trading for draft picks is ALL risk. plus developing the player to just the NFL game speed is no small feat.
Bird in the hand , on this one

We might think this but would anyone be surprised if we find out he was traded for a 3rd or for a player for player trade.

After this past year, I wouldn't.

Who's to say what the right move is if you're looking out 2+ years?

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

he is quite nearly a rookie. and he is hardly BAD. 

wtf is going on here.

Quite nearly a rookie? What does that mean exactly? He’s been very unimpressive his first few years in the league. He looks like just another guy.

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

We might think this but would anyone be surprised if we find out he was traded for a 3rd or for a player for player trade.

he is on a rookie contract. let him develop

Just now, Bangarang said:

Quite nearly a rookie? What does that mean exactly? He’s been very unimpressive his first few years in the league. He looks like just another guy.

Just now, Bangarang said:

Consider my senility.

This is his second year ?

39 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You’d get something similar to Ragland i would imagine. Shaq is a solid player. I know that’s uninspiring for a 1st round pick but he’s good against the run and will be like an 8 sack guy. He’s Ryan Denney IMO.

Yeah, as much as I hate that. I wonder how much of that pick is on Rex? 

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

The Lawson/Hughes combination isn't going to accomplish what McD wants. Hughes isn't good enough to be the sole passing rushing threat and Shaq offers very little in that department.  

Atleast one of them is gone this offseason.

Totally different players. 

what is it McD wants from the front four again ?

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

This i do not know.

The" Plan/process"  has somewhat baffled me so far

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

Totally different players. 

what is it McD wants from the front four again ?

They don't compliment eachother well at all. Hughes is a guy that can get 10-12 sacks if he is not the focal point of the offense. Shaq doesn't command any extra help in pass protection. He isn't quick enough to regularly beat the guy across from him.

3 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

The Lawson/Hughes combination isn't going to accomplish what McD wants. Hughes isn't good enough to be the sole passing rushing threat and Shaq offers very little in that department.  

Atleast one of them is gone this offseason.

Maybe the guy who leads the league in stupid ass penalties? I'd give Shaq another year and see what happens.He has been stout against the run considering how young he is. Some push up the middle would be nice from somebody. 

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Ragland, Shaq and Taylor are 100% Rex Ryan picks.

One reason I think Whaley gets a worse rap than he deserves. I’m not a ablind supporter by any means, but he didn’t get to pick a coach or fully control the draft. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Commonsense said:

They don't compliment eachother well at all. Hughes is a guy that can get 10-12 sacks if he is not the focal point of the offense. Shaq doesn't command any extra help in pass protection. He isn't quick enough to regularly beat the guy across from him.

I agree Common. McD likes rotation. Those that wished Lawson was a pass rusher due to draft # are likely the ones a bit hurt by that Rexian draft. Lets keep in mind he played  mostly standing under Rex, which he had never done.

But how Hughes has been used has touched a pressure point for me.

He does not have the power to get there outside most LTs. He need to be moved. whether twist or stunts or stand him up. he is speed.

use him correctly in a complimentary set and he should be more than reasonably affective

3 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Ok - but I'm warning you. If this is a part of the "process", there's going to be an awful lot of pissed off nancy's around here.

A - LOT

I know. I am struggling myself with this seasons antics

and I have concerns   :beer:

trust the process ?

well maybe a little, i guess

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Amen brother.

It has the makings of one hell of an offseason.

Absolutely. 

Kinda carzy how we Bills Fans looks forward to the offseason most years , isn't it ?

But this year i am looking forward to it. Lot of work to get done for sure both draft and FA etc

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I agree Common. McD likes rotation. Those that wished Lawson was a pass rusher due to draft # are likely the ones a bit hurt by that Rexian draft. Lets keep in mind he played  mostly standing under Rex, which he had never done.

But how Hughes has been used has touched a pressure point for me.

He does not have the power to get there outside most LTs. He need to be moved. whether twist or stunts or stand him up. he is speed.

use him correctly in a complimentary set and he should be more than reasonably affective

As a poster mention awhile back Shaq could put on weight and play inside and be more valuable in this system. I wouldn't be surprised to see an overhaul of the majority of the front 7. 

Next year will will be intresting. This offseason will be fun though.