• Announcements

• SDS

Problems logging in?   11/05/2017

I know a few people are getting logged out too quickly. I don't have the answer to that yet.   However, one change that occurred is that there is no longer a log in name and a separate display name. The upgrade discarded the log in name and now uses the display name. So, to log in:   Username: <display name> Password: <your password>   If you need to contact me to find out what your display name is use: Contact Us  and we can get things sorted out.
GreggTX

Should we try to trade Shaq?

39 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You’d get something similar to Ragland i would imagine. Shaq is a solid player. I know that’s uninspiring for a 1st round pick but he’s good against the run and will be like an 8 sack guy. He’s Ryan Denney IMO.

Yeah, as much as I hate that. I wonder how much of that pick is on Rex? 

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

The Lawson/Hughes combination isn't going to accomplish what McD wants. Hughes isn't good enough to be the sole passing rushing threat and Shaq offers very little in that department.  

Atleast one of them is gone this offseason.

Totally different players. 

what is it McD wants from the front four again ?

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Consider my senility.

This is his second year ?

That it is. Or at least it was his 2nd year since he’s now on IR

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

We might think this but would anyone be surprised if we find out he was traded for a 3rd or for a player for player trade.

After this past year, I wouldn't.

Who's to say what the right move is if you're looking out 2+ years?

This i do not know.

The" Plan/process"  has somewhat baffled me so far

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

Totally different players. 

what is it McD wants from the front four again ?

They don't compliment eachother well at all. Hughes is a guy that can get 10-12 sacks if he is not the focal point of the offense. Shaq doesn't command any extra help in pass protection. He isn't quick enough to regularly beat the guy across from him.

3 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

The Lawson/Hughes combination isn't going to accomplish what McD wants. Hughes isn't good enough to be the sole passing rushing threat and Shaq offers very little in that department.  

Atleast one of them is gone this offseason.

Maybe the guy who leads the league in stupid ass penalties? I'd give Shaq another year and see what happens.He has been stout against the run considering how young he is. Some push up the middle would be nice from somebody. 

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I would like to see him bulk up to 290 and play DT. He doesn't have the speed outside but inside he could do some damage.

he already moves inside. His strength is power .

6 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

he is on a rookie contract. let him develop

Ok - but I'm warning you. If this is a part of the "process", there's going to be an awful lot of pissed off nancy's around here.

A - LOT

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Ragland, Shaq and Taylor are 100% Rex Ryan picks.

One reason I think Whaley gets a worse rap than he deserves. I’m not a ablind supporter by any means, but he didn’t get to pick a coach or fully control the draft. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

This i do not know.

The" Plan/process"  has somewhat baffled me so far

Amen brother.

It has the makings of one hell of an offseason.

Just now, Commonsense said:

They don't compliment eachother well at all. Hughes is a guy that can get 10-12 sacks if he is not the focal point of the offense. Shaq doesn't command any extra help in pass protection. He isn't quick enough to regularly beat the guy across from him.

I agree Common. McD likes rotation. Those that wished Lawson was a pass rusher due to draft # are likely the ones a bit hurt by that Rexian draft. Lets keep in mind he played  mostly standing under Rex, which he had never done.

But how Hughes has been used has touched a pressure point for me.

He does not have the power to get there outside most LTs. He need to be moved. whether twist or stunts or stand him up. he is speed.

use him correctly in a complimentary set and he should be more than reasonably affective

3 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Ok - but I'm warning you. If this is a part of the "process", there's going to be an awful lot of pissed off nancy's around here.

A - LOT

I know. I am struggling myself with this seasons antics

and I have concerns   :beer:

trust the process ?

well maybe a little, i guess

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Amen brother.

It has the makings of one hell of an offseason.

Absolutely. 

Kinda carzy how we Bills Fans looks forward to the offseason most years , isn't it ?

But this year i am looking forward to it. Lot of work to get done for sure both draft and FA etc

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I agree Common. McD likes rotation. Those that wished Lawson was a pass rusher due to draft # are likely the ones a bit hurt by that Rexian draft. Lets keep in mind he played  mostly standing under Rex, which he had never done.

But how Hughes has been used has touched a pressure point for me.

He does not have the power to get there outside most LTs. He need to be moved. whether twist or stunts or stand him up. he is speed.

use him correctly in a complimentary set and he should be more than reasonably affective

As a poster mention awhile back Shaq could put on weight and play inside and be more valuable in this system. I wouldn't be surprised to see an overhaul of the majority of the front 7. 

Next year will will be intresting. This offseason will be fun though. 

If you move Shaq, you have to find another DE.  If we get a 4th round pick, we may get a player better than Shaq but we may get a player much much worse.

His contract isn't so bad right now.  The first round pick cost is sunk.  Hang on to him and hope he wakes up a different player.

25 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Lawson was another wasted 1st round pick from the Whaley era. 

When you go back and look at the guys we drafted during the Whaley/Nix years, it's nothing short of a complete disaster. 

This team has zero players to build around. It's shocking how bare the cupboard is. 

I dunno. I think we're pretty average overall. I also think White, Jones and Dawkins have bright futures. We also have a lot of picks and will save some of that huge contract money from Dareus. The real #1 question for Bills fans now is "How well can Beane draft?" If he nails those picks on day 1 and 2 of the draft ands gets a QB, whole new ballgame.

The only reason to release Shaq is because we're all pretty disappointed in the return on investment for a First Round Draft Pick.  However trading him is not going to make that lack of return any less painful.  Keep him.  He isn't hurting anything.  The Team is going to need some solid players in their prime.  But stop dreaming that he is suddenly going to be Bruce Smith.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

Shaq doesn't look at all like a 1st round pick at this point. Some points to consider.

1. He is still less than 25 games into his NFL career.

2. What could we get for him? Would it be worth it?

3. Is he worth the money we're paying him now (disregarding present injury) or should we just move him and free up cap space that might be better spent?

Does it look like he's playing like a second round pick?  The guy is making $2.5 million base salary and the Bills can exercise a fifth year if they want.  He's good against the run and can get to the QB often enough.  He's slow off the snap and he hasn't been on the field enough, I suppose.  You've got to give him more time and you're not going to get his quality in return.

I don’t think Shaq is very good. I didn’t think so before he was drafted and I don’t think so after he’s played in the NFL.

I think of the Bills can get something of value for him, they should do it.

Bad pick. Average player.

1 hour ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Doubt they'd get much of anything for him. So probably not yet anyways. He may get better and make more of an impact next season. Unless he is straight up beat out by someone else. Then maybe they will entertain the idea. I'm sure they will be making some changes with the Dline anyways so time will tell. No telling what this FO will do.

Agree.  Don't think his trade value is anything, so keep him while he is still cheap.

1 hour ago, inaugural balls said:

A - LOT

People will be pissed if Shaq is traded? I Don’t get the impression anyone is too excited about him. I don’t care either way but would prefer a decent return. 

Thr interestng part to me is he seems like a McD type of player. Football minded, works hard, on field effort. played through injuries in college, lots of heart, positive attitude. I’m just not sure he’s shown enough on the field to be “untouchable” on the trade block. I don’t think they will give him away, but I think if offered a good deal they wlll feel comfortable moving on.

I think  OBD is going to have a busy offseason and there will be some “surprising” moves as they continue to build the team they want. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like 1

He was damaged goods when he was drafted (slow Doug Whaley's goofy "day one starter" and "oops, that 'something' happened, now he needs that shoulder surgery" and totally lame shenanigans not withstanding, now he's on IR.  He has little trade value (likely zero). 

Just keep him.  See what happens.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

People will be pissed if Shaq is traded? I Don’t get the impression anyone is too excited about him. I don’t care either way but would prefer a decent return. 

Thr interestng part to me is he seems like a McD type of player. Football minded, works hard, on field effort. played through injuries in college, lots of heart, positive attitude. I’m just not sure he’s shown enough on the field to be “untouchable” on the trade block. I don’t think they will give him away, but I think if offered a good deal they wlll feel comfortable moving on.

I think  OBD is going to have a busy offseason and there will be some “surprising” moves as they continue to build the team they want. 

Agree with all points...