Tre White: "the whole hood want 'em (Gronk)"

CanadianFan

44 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

THAT is a literal shitshow. 

51 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

I can't even BELIEVE this is real. OMG. How distasteful is this?

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Rex TRIED to build a bully...and you are right, it did not work because those "bullies" all just sat back and watched their teammate take a cheap shot and did NOTHING

It is one thing to say you are building a bully...it is something else entirely to do it. See: Steelers. You want to cheap shot Antonio Brown, here you go baby, WHAM!!!!!! 

Professional organization handling business = Steelers

Rinky Dink Clown Show Organization NOT handling business = Bills 

After BUrfict knocked Brown the F out...what exactly did the Steelers do?  

They stood around too....they got the field goal to win the game. 

Professionals. 

If they wanted to go 'hood' they could have ripped Burficts helmet off and get called for a penalty and lose the field position. 

But they didn't. 

Pros. 

While our game was likely out of reach, and the incident much more egregious, be aware that the incident happened on the Pats sideline (you are now outmanned 50-1). 

some immediate retaliation would have looked good and felt good.

But really - for what?  

Are you willing to risk your salary to start a fight?

Im all for karma in future games - Gronk should know he has a bounty on his head. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought about that, but it’s actually not the last game. One week more after that one.

Ahhh that’s right. Still though, i could see coach B rationalizing that he won’t want to lose his stud tight end to a vendetta AND that he won’t need him for the win anyway.... let’s see. 

A healthy Gronk makes for a nice playoff mismatch vs any team. 

37 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Oh now I see you edited your original post and added an explanation....

interesting take...so let other teams Tee off on just one of our players without retaliation because god forbid someone else gets suspended for standing up for a "brother"? I would say Gronk with a F'ed up knee and unable to play for the rest of the season would be a good trade off, and he and others might learn their lesson 

If given a choice of franchise history, or even just recent success/failure....I take the steelers and their undisciplined attitude ALLL DAYYYY over the soft kitty approach of the Buffalo Bills...unfortunately I am stuck a disgusted soft kitty Bills fan 

but the problem is 'other teams' didn't tee off on White, Gronkowski did.  And what you're suggesting makes sense emotionally, but you're assuming a guy not necessarily pre-disposed to blowing out a knee would suddenly become an assassin and risk his livelihood because Gronk is a d-bag.  I'll say this much--McDermott took heat from some fans for his tepid response about Gronkowski, but he is who he is, and the response to the public made perfect sense even if he has a hidden agenda to blow him up next game (which, likely, he does not).  Play the numbers...average career lasts $$$, average salary is $$$$, retaliatory hit and suspension costs a player $_____. 

The NFL blew this one, plain and simple.  This hit was egregious, and by sitting him for 60 minutes they sent a message that is contrary to what they say is important.  Personally, I'd say screw 'first offense' or 'first real offense' or 'no history' in the punishment phase.  He should have receveived the maximum punishment available under the collective bargaining agreement, which likely is more than one game.  If it was only one game, the statement from the league should have read "We would have suspended him more if we could have.".   Res Ipsa Loquitor.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Ahhh that’s right. Still though, i could see coach B rationalizing that he won’t want to lose his stud tight end to a vendetta AND that he won’t need him for the win anyway.... let’s see. 

A healthy Gronk makes for a nice playoff mismatch vs any team. 

Could see him making his way onto the injury report with some “nagging injury” for that week and not playing. Sadly, they know they won’t need him. 

24 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

THAT is a literal shitshow. 

I can't even BELIEVE this is real. OMG. How distasteful is this?

I hope that's not sarcasm.  

I think it's our fault, we set him up by getting play on late night tv, shows like this and all his party boats enabling him left and right, it's no wonder he thinks he can drop his metal arm brace on whoever he wants whenever he wants.  

Time for the hood to open a can.  

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Have mentioned it before but from my perspective the “whole hood” was far away on the other sideline and didn’t even see what happened. The guys who were there reacted as much as they could without getting suspended themselves for fighting (Hughes and Poyer). Preston was the only one who saw it and did nothing but wave over the ref. Hyde was in the middle of his own fight with Amendola. If you want a bunch of our guys getting suspended too, I guess that’s your call. I don’t think it’s the same as hockey. We all know the Bills would get slammed by the league if they started fighting Gronk. Damned if you do damned if you don’t. I prefer going out the next game and make him pay on the field  for what he did, as legally as possible. 

Somehow, the Bills ended up with more penalties on that play. I still don't get it?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

why do you care if one of our players took out Gronk immediately after that dirty ass hit and got suspended? How would it negatively impact a team that is out of the playoffs and season is effectively over? 

I don’t know why everyone assumes we are out of the playoffs. They play the last 4 for a reason. No one remembers Wade I guess. 

And are the Steelers soft and kitties? Are the Bengals? How bout the Saints when Evans blindsided Lattimore and do nothing?

Please explain how it is dumb rhetoric? 

Fact: The entire Bills roster watched A Williams get a blind side cheap shot by Landry last year

Fact: No one even came close to getting in Landrys face or giving a shot back to him, legal or illegal, in that game or the game after

Fact: That proves they are soft kitties

Fact: The entire Bills roster watched Gronk cheap shot a downed Tre White

Fact: No one even came close to doing anything to Gronk (hyde maybe got in his face?) immediately after the hit, didnt do ANYTHING to stick up for their best defensive player

Fact: That proves the are still soft kitties

how is this even debatable? 

I think McD has been preaching to the team to avoid penalties by letting the refs do the policing job and having the players do the job of blocking and tackling - only while a play is live.  

I'm not going to blame a player for trying to help his team by avoiding an unsportsmanlike conduct flag.  

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

He already did explain. If you want to advocate that someone should have intentionally injured Gronk after the play for retaliation, or that someone should also intentionally injure Brady (although I am not sure what he had to do with the Gronk incident), feel free. No need to be condescending because someone disagrees.

he edited his earlier response to add his explanation, so originally there was no explanation...hence why I responded the way I did....maybe he let him "fight his own battles" eh bud? 

1 hour ago, CanadianFan said:

https://twitter.com/RussilloShow/status/937787341011382272

Is the "hood" Bills teammates or his neighborhood where he's from? That we don't know.

Should be an interesting game. Wondering if Gronk will see reduced snaps. If I was coaching Buffalo and wanted to make a statement I may task Trae Elston a bit with it. Guy hits like a truck. Wish he could play more actually. 

10 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I don’t know why everyone assumes we are out of the playoffs. They play the last 4 for a reason. No one remembers Wade I guess. 

And are the Steelers soft and kitties? Are the Bengals? How bout the Saints when Evans blindsided Lattimore and do nothing?

we are out of the playoffs because we are a bad football team....and the best we can do is get to 9-7 (beat the pats in foxboro when they whooped us at home?? lol) and lose tiebreakers...kind of simple

3 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

we are out of the playoffs because we are a bad football team....and the best we can do is get to 9-7 (beat the pats in foxboro when they whooped us at home?? lol) and lose tiebreakers...kind of simple

K, tell ya what I will take $20 bucks at 10-1 we make the Playoffs. Sure $20 for you. Will Venmo to a poster of your choice. Willing to go up to $100 BTW

cause you know, with at least 12 more meaningful games , the favorite will win them all and it’s tje NFL so no one will get injured, or suspended. 

Edited by plenzmd1

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Could see him making his way onto the injury report with some “nagging injury” for that week and not playing. Sadly, they know they won’t need him. 

Then you have to wait until next year.

As someone mentioned earlier, G & G Fitness can be pimped over anytime, show the family some love.

Just now, PaattMaann said:

easssyyyyyyy cheeeeeseeeee

So you in and for how much? Name the poster we will both Venmo the money to so they can pay when bet is done. 

And yep, odds are the Bills miss, but to think there is no chance I s silly. They got a chance even if they lose to the colts

why did the whole hood just sit there like a bunch of Meow Meow's during the actual game where the dirty hit happened then?

Why did the whole hood, many of whom were on the team last year, do nothing with A Williams got his dirty hit? 

Becuase we are, and have been a bunch of soft little kitties 

Well said. They will do some fake pushing and shoving next time we play NE just like the BS Sabres did after Lucic punked Miller.

you either have it or you don't. I want players who have it.  Would Gronk do that to the Steelers?