Uncatchable pass %. Dennison's fault too ?

Teddy KGB

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Dak Prescott is struggling this year.

Our terrible Rex Ryan defense last year shutout the Pats at home with Brissett.

Flacco has been terrible pretty much all year.

Brissett was playing with torn ligament in his finger too. He was placed on IR immediately after the game. That was kind of a joke of a victory.

3 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

No champion of Tyrod anymore. But those receivers didn't have a chance against the Pats corners, hellish matchup.

Throwing a guy open requires trust from Tyrod, and it's not there. He's too scared to throw, and too inaccurate I'd be nervous myself if he attempted to squeeze in passes. And I don't really think he's even tried those timing back shoulder throws but neither party is capable of making that play. I love that pass, Rodgers does it in his sleep.

I'd say Russell Wilson can't really throw a guy open either, he's got Jimmy Graham and barely knows how to use him. He would just force wildly high passes at Graham when he first got him. Wilson makes his living on extending plays with an otherwise pretty poor offense. Not comparing to Tyrod at all here, just saying that's how Wilson executes an offense.

I'd wager throwing a guy open is either a timing route, I can only think of like a back shoulder play (seriously those can't be defended in man they're automatic 20 yards for Rodgers), or just throwing to where only a bigger target can grab. But we say that buzz phrase like it's the penultimate trait in a quarterback.. when I'm sure any quarterback would tell you he'd rather just throw to an open receiver on his first or second read.

Welcome to the Dark Side.   

Our ranks are swelling.  Soon the Rebellion begins!!! 

and Thanks 

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Brissett was playing with torn ligament in his finger too. He was placed on IR immediately after the game. That was kind of a joke of a victory.

And the idiot started a fight with 2 or 3 Bills players pregame 

7 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

No champion of Tyrod anymore. But those receivers didn't have a chance against the Pats corners, hellish matchup.

Throwing a guy open requires trust from Tyrod, and it's not there. He's too scared to throw, and too inaccurate I'd be nervous myself if he attempted to squeeze in passes. And I don't really think he's even tried those timing back shoulder throws but neither party is capable of making that play. I love that pass, Rodgers does it in his sleep.

I'd say Russell Wilson can't really throw a guy open either, he's got Jimmy Graham and barely knows how to use him. He would just force wildly high passes at Graham when he first got him. Wilson makes his living on extending plays with an otherwise pretty poor offense. Not comparing to Tyrod at all here, just saying that's how Wilson executes an offense.

I'd wager throwing a guy open is either a timing route, I can only think of like a back shoulder play (seriously those can't be defended in man they're automatic 20 yards for Rodgers), or just throwing to where only a bigger target can grab. But we say that buzz phrase like it's the penultimate trait in a quarterback.. when I'm sure any quarterback would tell you he'd rather just throw to an open receiver on his first or second read.

I'm done with Tyrod, although I like him and think he can succeed in certain situations (but not here). That said, I think it's fair to say that he's not the only problem with the Bills passing game. The receivers this year have been TERRIBLE. Even Jones, who has improved, NEVER gets separation on deeper throws. CBs are attached like glue to him on pretty much all such plays. And he's the best they have had this season. It's a truly terrible group of receivers. 

33 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Obviously an uncatchable pass isn't Dennison's fault.

What a stupidly veiled premise here. You're holding onto the notion that you need to prove to anyone that believes Taylor is a Franchise QB or even that he'll be in a Bills uniform much longer that he's not and that he won't.

No one believes that.

No one's believed that for weeks probably.

That doesn't change the fact that Dennison blows.

???

Chill bro, we don't call your stupid posts stupid. 

Dont blame pff for your offseason of Taylor fluffing.  

Edited by Air it out Fitzy

This metric kinds of speaks for itself. But even TT's catchable passes leave a lot to be desired most of the time. His ball placement is among the worst I've ever seen for a starting QB in this league. Completion percentage doesn't equal accuracy and TT is a prime example. 

Just now, K-9 said:

This metric kinds of speaks for itself. But even TT's catchable passes leave a lot to be desired most of the time. His ball placement is among the worst I've ever seen for a starting QB in this league. Completion percentage doesn't equal accuracy and TT is a prime example. 

Exactly.

Yeah that 4 yard completion looks good on a stat sheet but a better placed ball would have been a 8+.

31 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I'm done with Tyrod, although I like him and think he can succeed in certain situations (but not here). That said, I think it's fair to say that he's not the only problem with the Bills passing game. The receivers this year have been TERRIBLE. Even Jones, who has improved, NEVER gets separation on deeper throws. CBs are attached like glue to him on pretty much all such plays. And he's the best they have had this season. It's a truly terrible group of receivers. 

Oh certainly. Zay looks slow as dirt, gets open on his crazy exaggerated head/body fakes (actually works too I thought he looked silly at first) reminds me that's why he didn't have time to adjust for that fated Carolina ball.

I was so excited about Tyrod his first season, that deep ball was so good. Even with Sammy and Goodwin in he never quite hit or even attempted that deep ball nearly as much. Really does feel like he regressed. I'm done making excuses for him he's made his bed after this season. I just find it unfortunate that every year felt like his receivers got worse (Watkins missed more and more games), and then his running game disappears from him. All of that fell apart this year and unfortunately he can't do a better Russell Wilson impression.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Cant wait to overhaul this team in the draft.  

Rosen and Rudolph can fix this issue I hope.   

IMG_7699.JPG

LMAO at all this nonsense where it has to be one or the other...its possible they both aren't good, you understand that right?  TT is TT...we don't need to dive into that, besides you clearly already have your thoughts about him.

But who cares if you hate TT, the bottom line is that Dennison has been terrible.  I don't blame Dennison when TT makes a bad pass or takes a bad sack.  I blame Dennison when he takes a FRESH McCoy OFF the field all the time and on critical drives and plays to put in guys like Tolbert and Cadet.  I blame Dennison when he makes HIGHLY predictable and head scratching play calls like his LOVE affair with calling a draw play on any Down and Long.  I blame Dennison for dismantling the leagues top rushing attack and making it mediocre.  I blame Dennison for calling plays like we are protecting a lead but are really down and need to urgently score.  I could keep going, but you should get the point.

Dennison sucks.  Cant wait for this idiot to hit the pavement.  Don't want him running the show for the new shiny QB we are going to draft.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Which is it transplant? 

No one believed, or

No one believes any longer?  

Are you having reading comprehension problems again, Shady?

"No one believes that.

No one's believed that for weeks, probably."

really don't understand that?  There's no "which is that" in there because my statement doesn't contradict itself.

Or are you just gleefully trying to dig up all the folks you idiots have labelled as being in a cult so that you can insult them for their opinions?

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

LMAO at all this nonsense where it has to be one or the other...its possible they both aren't good, you understand that right?  TT is TT...we don't need to dive into that, besides you clearly already have your thoughts about him.

But who cares if you hate TT, the bottom line is that Dennison has been terrible.  I don't blame Dennison when TT makes a bad pass or takes a bad sack.  I blame Dennison when he takes a FRESH McCoy OFF the field all the time and on critical drives and plays to put in guys like Tolbert and Cadet.  I blame Dennison when he makes HIGHLY predictable and head scratching play calls like his LOVE affair with calling a draw play on any Down and Long.  I blame Dennison for dismantling the leagues top rushing attack and making it mediocre.  I blame Dennison for calling plays like we are protecting a lead but are really down and need to urgently score.  I could keep going, but you should get the point.

Dennison sucks.  Cant wait for this idiot to hit the pavement.  Don't want him running the show for the new shiny QB we are going to draft.  

Yep, one bad part of the offense doesn't excuse everything else. Maybe McCoy, maybe Zay, maybe O'Leary are the only guys on the offense that can say they played alright for most of the season.

That Peterman fade to Zay on 4th and 1.. what in the **** kind of play call is that. If you told me before the snap what the play was, regardless of down I'd give that play 5% chance at best.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

???

Chill bro, we don't call your stupid posts stupid. 

Dont blame pff for your offseason of Taylor fluffing.  

First of all, what are those boxes at the top?  Whether it's a browser thing or an inside joke I'm not getting, they just look like boxes.

Second of all, you don't call posts of mine or really anyone who's ever said anything positive about Taylor stupid or several other negative things?  Seriously?  That's what you're going with?  So now on top of proving you have no integrity because you can't adhere to a bet YOU make yourself and then LOSE, you also prove to be a liar?

Third of all, why are you so obsessed with Taylor that you feel you have to talk about him so much?  :flirt:

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

First of all, what are those boxes at the top?  Whether it's a browser thing or an inside joke I'm not getting, they just look like boxes.

Second of all, you don't call posts of mine or really anyone who's ever said anything positive about Taylor stupid or several other negative things?  Seriously?  That's what you're going with?  So now on top of proving you have no integrity because you can't adhere to a bet YOU make yourself and then LOSE, you also prove to be a liar?

Third of all, why are you so obsessed with Taylor that you feel you have to talk about him so much?  :flirt:

I can never tell what ya'll 2 beef about I've seen it in other threads too.

9 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Yep, one bad part of the offense doesn't excuse everything else. Maybe McCoy, maybe Zay, maybe O'Leary are the only guys on the offense that can say they played alright for most of the season.

That Peterman fade to Zay on 4th and 1.. what in the **** kind of play call is that. If you told me before the snap what the play was, regardless of down I'd give that play 5% chance at best.

Exactly.  Lets examine Dennison train of thought here.  Its 4th and goal at the 1 yard line on a must score a TD drive.  

Hmmmm...I have one of the shiftiest and best RB's in the NFL on a teams whose strength is running. I also have a big TE in a guy like Clay who is a great Redzone target.  But wait... I also have a 5th round rookie QB with a bad comp %, terrible under pressure, and lots of interceptions who could throw a fade to a fellow rookie WR who isn't very big that  both struggles running routes and catching passes that is matched up against a pretty darn good DB, not to mention is a former Bill with a chip on his shoulder playing on a Belichick coached defense.

Gee...I think I will go with this crap low percentage play with 2 struggling rookies.  Congrats Dennison, you are an idiot.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Exactly.  Lets examine Dennison train of thought here.  Its 4th and goal at the 1 yard line on a must score a TD drive.  

Hmmmm...I have one of the shiftiest and best RB's in the NFL on a teams whose strength is running. I also have a big TE in a guy like Clay who is a great Redzone target.  But wait... I also have a 5th round rookie QB with a bad comp %, terrible under pressure, and lots of interceptions who could throw a fade to a fellow rookie WR who isn't very big that  both struggles running routes and catching passes that is matched up against a pretty darn good DB, not to mention is a former Bill with a chip on his shoulder playing on a Belichick coached defense.

Gee...I think I will go with this crap low percentage play with 2 struggling rookies.  Congrats Dennison, you are an idiot.

The opening drive was worse. They marched right down the field then called a pass play on 1st down from the 6 yard line. I think they averaged 7 YPC for the game but Dennison decided to outsmart himself and turn it over to Taylor inside the 10 yard line.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Very good post......rather simple i think.....dont understand how some just cant see this?

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

:lol: it's like in his mind he really thought Zay was having his way with Gilmore all game (I think that's who defended that pass).

You call that play when you have like, Plaxico Burress playoff edition, showing you he's can't be stopped for 3 full quarters.

5 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

The opening drive was worse. They marched right down the field then called a pass play on 1st down from the 6 yard line. I think they averaged 7 YPC for the game but Dennison decided to outsmart himself and turn it over to Taylor inside the 10 yard line.

I missed the first quarter, so glad I didn't see that.  Dennison is the only OC that gets me as mad on game day as Hackett did.

2 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

:lol: it's like in his mind he really thought Zay was having his way with Gilmore all game (I think that's who defended that pass).

You call that play when you have like, Plaxico Burress playoff edition, showing you he's can't be stopped for 3 full quarters.

Yeah, not when your struggling rookie has 2 catches for 22 yards. lmao