Uncatchable pass %. Dennison's fault too ?

Teddy KGB

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

It’s about both

Switch Coaching staffs.  Put Bellicheat and company in charge of the Bills current roster and Mcd and company in charge of the Pats current roster.  Who wins more games?  McD and company and it isn't close.  Talent wins and the Bills don't have enough of it.  Don't blame the coordinators or the waterboy because the team lacks talent.  Blame Whaley and Brandon...not Dennison and Frazier.

14 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Look at more than this year.  And brissett is terrible.  Last year with Prescott was a lot better.  When Flaccid was down a few years ago the Ravens did well with backups 

Same with roerhlisberger being hurt. 

Good coaches overcome personnel issues 

Flacco went down in 2015 and the Ravens went 5-11.  Yes, they certainly did well with the back up.

Good coaches overcome personnel issues except if you have Brissett I guess.

The Raiders last year didn't skip a beat when they lost Carr right?

6 minutes ago, BillsFan1 said:

Switch Coaching staffs.  Put Bellicheat and company in charge of the Bills current roster and Mcd and company in charge of the Pats current roster.  Who wins more games?  McD and company and it isn't close.  Talent wins and the Bills don't have enough of it.  Don't blame the coordinators or the waterboy because the team lacks talent.  Blame Whaley and Brandon...not Dennison and Frazier.

You just proved my point about it being both..

16 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Problem with your theory:

2016 we had the 30th ranked pass offense.

2015 we had the 28th.

This is with two other OCs, and a full complement of the WR that people have been complaining about us not having.

So it's always been the coaches' fault?

Taylor's a nice guy, and a great wildcat QB. But he's a lousy QB otherwise.

Lousy is too strong. He's average. He's better than 10 to 15 starters.

9 minutes ago, BillsFan1 said:

About ten teams with a worse record have better talent than the Bills. It's not all talent. Coaching is probably more important.

2 hours ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Cant wait to overhaul this team in the draft.  

Rosen and Rudolph can fix this issue I hope.   

IMG_7699.JPG

Does this statistic say 45.2% of all passes thrown are uncatchable?  If so, what are the better QB’s throwing?

The Bills knew they did not have a playoff caliber team with Taylor at QB so they dumped talent and added draft picks.  They overachieved throughout the process.  McD deserves credit for getting the Bills house in order.  Taylor will be long gone next year.  He would've been gone this year if there was a more viable option out there.  Mcd and Beane are doing their  best to cover up the fact that this season was phase 1 of a of a rebuild. 

He would be better with a qb that can make "all the throws" ? 

Dc's would worry about passing yards which would help the run game too. 

System worked with Texans and Broncos ?

He was never the play caller for those teams there bud. Always a sidekick. This is his first year in his career where he is "the guy" running the show on offence. Stop trying to defend him because of our bad QB play. He is awful as well

He would be better with a qb that can make "all the throws" ? 

Dc's would worry about passing yards which would help the run game too. 

System worked with Texans and Broncos ?

I would have rather maintained the Offense from last year which was very effective, but Dennison is obviously not one of those coaches that can tailor a scheme to the talent he has.  Most changes require time to evolve after evaluation.  This system has worked in the past but the difference is Dennison was not calling the plays.  Also this Oline was assembled for a power scheme and Dennison comes in and changes schemes to a finesse scheme. Maybe he can evolve as a play caller but he often has me asking what were you thinking.

I'm hoping at the end of the season Dennison is gone.

YEs we get it the QB sucks....ok got the memo.....but giving dennision a pass is idiotic.....his scheme does not fit the players not just the QB......anyone just plainly watching the games can see this

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Problem with your theory:

2016 we had the 30th ranked pass offense.

2015 we had the 28th.

This is with two other OCs, and a full complement of the WR that people have been complaining about us not having.

So it's always been the coaches' fault?

Taylor's a nice guy, and a great wildcat QB. But he's a lousy QB otherwise.

Good post man,

Sad thing is many of his fanboys say he is a game manager that keeps the turnovers to a minimum and it is the running game and D that make Tyrod such a good QB. Tyrod is the reason McCoy is a great RB. SMH.

Sounds a lot like what a backup QB is suppose to do when the starter is out, hand off, throw low percentage throws and hope the D and Rb gets the win. A team can win some games with a backup playing but not enough for a full season to the playoffs, and big games? Forget about it.

Edited by xRUSHx

I've been critical against our receivers, and I'm not shifting blame from our coordinator and quarterback either, I just think all 3 components have been terrible, with obvious results.

Zay and O'Leary are the only receivers I'd hang my hat on that played this season. It really showed against the caliber cornerbacks the Patriots have, most routes looked impossible to throw at.

But it's also no secret that Tyrod is inaccurate, I just hope both facets can improve next year somehow. New QB, healthy KB, and sign some FA depth, save a high draft pick for insurance.

Obviously an uncatchable pass isn't Dennison's fault.

What a stupidly veiled premise here. You're holding onto the notion that you need to prove to anyone that believes Taylor is a Franchise QB or even that he'll be in a Bills uniform much longer that he's not and that he won't.

No one believes that.

No one's believed that for weeks probably.

That doesn't change the fact that Dennison blows.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

Does this statistic say 45.2% of all passes thrown are uncatchable?  If so, what are the better QB’s throwing?

59 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

A snippet on PFF, last years average rate was 12.6%

What a difference.     

Of course the Champions of Taylor will  blame the Rookie for not getting separation or running the wrong route.  

So,  let me ask      What does throwing a guy open mean?  Is this an anticipation thing?  

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

What a stupidly veiled premise here. You're holding onto the notion that you need to prove to anyone that believes Taylor is a Franchise (1) QB or even that he'll be in a Bills uniform much longer that he's not and that he won't.

No one believes that.

No one's believed that for weeks probably. (2)

Which is it transplant? 

No one believed, or

No one believes any longer?  

19 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

What a difference.     

Of course the Champions of Taylor will  blame the Rookie for not getting separation or running the wrong route.  

So,  let me ask      What does throwing a guy open mean?  Is this an anticipation thing?  

No champion of Tyrod anymore. But those receivers didn't have a chance against the Pats corners, hellish matchup.

Throwing a guy open requires trust from Tyrod, and it's not there. He's too scared to throw, and too inaccurate I'd be nervous myself if he attempted to squeeze in passes. And I don't really think he's even tried those timing back shoulder throws but neither party is capable of making that play. I love that pass, Rodgers does it in his sleep.

I'd say Russell Wilson can't really throw a guy open either, he's got Jimmy Graham and barely knows how to use him. He would just force wildly high passes at Graham when he first got him. Wilson makes his living on extending plays with an otherwise pretty poor offense. Not comparing to Tyrod at all here, just saying that's how Wilson executes an offense.

I'd wager throwing a guy open is either a timing route, I can only think of like a back shoulder play (seriously those can't be defended in man they're automatic 20 yards for Rodgers), or just throwing to where only a bigger target can grab. But we say that buzz phrase like it's the penultimate trait in a quarterback.. when I'm sure any quarterback would tell you he'd rather just throw to an open receiver on his first or second read.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Thank you (+1) 1