Uncatchable pass %. Dennison's fault too ?

Teddy KGB

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

5) Taylor is not a very good QB but there is no way you can evaluate a QB from just the Chargers game. I think Peterman could develop into a solid QB or a good backup QB. We gave EJ way to long to develop and Taylor was a backup for 4 years and at the bottom of the league in passing offense his 3 years as a starter. I think we can give this rookie at least a few more game's before we get the full picture.

When did that happen?  The fact is, EJ Manuel started games 1-5 of his rookie year.  He was given NO time to develop.  And in those 5 games, he looked better than some rookies, and worse than others.

But let's get back to the Taylor thing.  The fact is, the Bills were top of the league in rushing and had a high-scoring offense (10 or 11th with Taylor missing games, higher if projected towards 16). 

If you take a high-scoring offense led by a guy, and change it to something where the guy sucks, clearly it says the guy can't do what you want, but what does that say about your judgement that you want him to do something you can tell from 2 years of film, he was not successful at?

I'm not sure on what you base your belief that Peterman could develop into a solid QB - perhaps you could share that? 

With QB such as Wilson, Prescott etc they typically had  high completion percentage, as well as other pass measurables (yards, TD/INT, AY/A) at least their last year in college, high completion percentage in preseason, etc.  Whatcha got on Peterman?

I don't think RD is a good OC but it's hilarious how much we blame the OC for everything instead of looking at the players.  

TT is a limited qb but they forced him into a terrible offense for him and traded a wr defenses actually had to gameplan for.  Stupid moves.

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Maybe.  Or maybe it's just flailing about by a coach with poor talent evaluation (to think Peterman was anywhere close to ready)

I just can't see it.  If Taylor wasn't struggling so much in the passing game, it wouldn't matter if Peterman looked ready or not....Taylor being pulled would never have been considered IMO.   If you pull a vet QB who is respected by the locker room for a 5th round rookie....the problem with the vet was big enough to make a "gutsy" move like this.

• Like (+1) 1

If you aren't blind or in some state of extreme denial, you already knew this. And no, it isn't about the route, it's about the QB. Tyrod is one of the most inaccurate QBs you will watch. His ball placement is awful. If the receiver is running across the field and he has to catch the ball on his back hip or make any kind of adjustment or slow down to catch the pass, it's an inaccurate pass.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

He would be better with a qb that can make "all the throws" ? 

Dc's would worry about passing yards which would help the run game too. 

System worked with Texans and Broncos ?

Why can't he simply coach to the ability of his players?  Good coaches coach their players. Not their system. 

Look at Belichick with any QB who filled in for terrible Brady. Look at what happened to the Ravens when Flaccid went down?  Look what happened when the Cowboys lost Romo?  What's his name the cowboys coach is a good offensive coach and former QB. That helped bigly. 

Good coaches coach players.  End of story. If Dennison can't get more out of Taylor and has produced less of him than any other OC than I have to believe the OC is a much yuger problem.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

Why can't he simply coach to the ability of his players?  Good coaches coach their players. Not their system. 

Look at Belichick with any QB who filled in for terrible Brady. Look at what happened to the Ravens when Flaccid went down?  Look what happened when the Cowboys lost Romo?  What's his name the cowboys coach is a good offensive coach and former QB. That helped bigly. 

Good coaches coach players.  End of story. If Dennison can't get more out of Taylor and has produced less of him than any other OC than I have to believe the OC is a much yuger problem.

Taylor is cooked, he had his run and made some cash.    He did well for himself.    He's been limited the whole time with occasional peaks and valleys.   

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Dak Prescott is struggling this year.

Our terrible Rex Ryan defense last year shutout the Pats at home with Brissett.

Flacco has been terrible pretty much all year.

14 minutes ago, Luka said:

If you aren't blind or in some state of extreme denial, you already knew this. And no, it isn't about the route, it's about the QB. Tyrod is one of the most inaccurate QBs you will watch. His ball placement is awful. If the receiver is running across the field and he has to catch the ball on his back hip or make any kind of adjustment or slow down to catch the pass, it's an inaccurate pass.

It's probably hopeless to respond to someone who initiates their post with not one, but two, gratuitous insults, but I will try a bit of education in case anyone else can benefit.

Here is an article detailing the lengths to which Edelman*  went to "get on the same page" with Brady***.  If a receiver has to make any kind of adjustment, all one can say is that the sync between QB and WR is off.  I'm sorry, but someone who makes your definitive statement just doesn't understand how the QB-WR sync-up in route running works.  It's never 100% on the QB.

If you watch football games with teams with very very good WR, it's startling to look at how these WR routinely haul in balls that are "off" in placement (on their back hip, high, behind them, diving, one handed).  At least it's startling when you compare with what we have currently on the Bills.

Taylor is inaccurate I don't understand the discussion here. He has cost us allot of touchdowns and first downs because his placement is always poor. We know this and we have played with it for years. He runs around and throws balls behind receivers and at their ankles. Once the play has broken down it is no longer a timing route between the qb and receivers, it becomes backyard football and usually a guy sits down or comes back to him in space and he just flat out misses them or makes it so there is no YAC. A better more accurate qb can make those throws. 

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Dak Prescott is struggling this year.

Our terrible Rex Ryan defense last year shutout the Pats at home with Brissett.

Flacco has been terrible pretty much all year.

Look at more than this year.  And brissett is terrible.  Last year with Prescott was a lot better.  When Flaccid was down a few years ago the Ravens did well with backups 

Same with roerhlisberger being hurt. 

Good coaches overcome personnel issues 

16 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

This times 100.

Unless an OC is gifted with one of the 5 best QB in the league, every QB is going to have limitations and strengths.  Boyst is Right On here.  Successful coaches game plan to their players strengths.  Unsuccessful ones don't. It used to drive me absolutely nuts how Chan Gailey used to craft a pass-heavy offensive game plan for Ryan Fitzpatrick as if he had Aaron Rodgers at QB. 

Boyst did you see that other thread where I gave examples of coaches adjusting their game plan to players (I used the Pats*** as one example) and the dude ARGUED with me and said he still didn't see the benefit of adjusting a game plan to the player's capabilities based on 3 or 4 examples?  :doh:

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

13 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Cowboys went 4-12 when they lost Romo in 2015. 

Bad opinion. 

Edited by jmc12290

1 hour ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Gary Kubiak worked with the Texans and Broncos. 

1 minute ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

He has more yards and Td's than the qb you called better than average.  

He cant be terrible if we cross reference.    

Brissett didn't even have an offseason with the Colts. He was traded and started in an entirely new offensive system.

Boyst is losing it.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Look at more than this year.  And brissett is terrible.  Last year with Prescott was a lot better.  When Flaccid was down a few years ago the Ravens did well with backups 

Same with roerhlisberger being hurt. 

Good coaches overcome personnel issues 

Problem with your theory:

2016 we had the 30th ranked pass offense.

2015 we had the 28th.

This is with two other OCs, and a full complement of the WR that people have been complaining about us not having.

So it's always been the coaches' fault?

Taylor's a nice guy, and a great wildcat QB. But he's a lousy QB otherwise.

Edited by joesixpack
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

I agree but most fan boys on here shoot that down.  Supposedly there’s OCs out there that can have every receiver wide open every play and it’s not the QBs fault for poorly thrown passes.  

• Thank you (+1) 2