Trading down in the draft?

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....look at the staff Pegula allowed Beane to assemble AT HIS EXPENSE.......chucked full of former VP's of Player Personnel and Directors of Pro Player Personnel (yup the pundits here will say they couldn't find work elsewhere)......think for one damn minute Pegula doesn't expect them to be traversing the country 24/7 as the ultimate draft day prep?.....I sure as hell would be expecting results for my capital outlay (and yes the draft is not and never will be an exact science)....

Sorry, but i’m Not sure what that has to do with what my post.  I replied to a post that (imo), was suggesting something along the lines of Beane should be scouting more and making phone calls less.  Maybe I misunderstood what he was trying to get across.  

The guys he hired are all out there scouting. Beane is scouting.  He also has a cell phone. Just the every other GM in the league.  In fact, they have multiple cell phones.  It’s not hard to scout AND make phone calls.  

Looking at the standings now 5 of the 8 teams picking upfront will likely be looking for a QB.  So, it might be hard to trade up far enough to get the guy they want.  

If they are going to trade forward they will need to feel its a sure thing.  

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Sorry, but i’m Not sure what that has to do with what my post.  I replied to a post that (imo), was suggesting something along the lines of Beane should be scouting more and making phone calls less.  Maybe I misunderstood what he was trying to get across.  

The guys he hired are all out there scouting. Beane is scouting.  He also has a cell phone. Just the every other GM in the league.  In fact, they have multiple cell phones.  It’s not hard to scout AND make phone calls.  

...my apology for the confusion bud....think we are in TOTAL agreement that Beane has his staff pounding the pavement 24/7 versus desk jobs solely on the phone....hope we're good....

14 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...my apology for the confusion bud....think we are in TOTAL agreement that Beane has his staff pounding the pavement 24/7 versus desk jobs solely on the phone....hope we're good....

Word.  Yessir.  All good in the hood.