Early signing period: December 20-22

YoloinOhio

The coaches HATE it this early. And can you imagine what the schools who are scrambling to hire head coaches  in December are going to suffer with their classes? Will take them a year or two to recover.

Now, kids can still choose to wait until February if they want. But it greatly reduces the NSD “flip” that the big time programs can often pull off. 

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

...and Cox decommits

Very unfortunate timing as he was an early enrollee. Have to get at least one of Micah Parsons, Tyreke Smith, Jason Oweh. Wide open depth chart next year behind Bosa, Young and Cooper should be very attractive. Could also see an Urban flip from one of the schools with a HC change like UF, FSU, A&M before the 22nd. 4 Star dE from UCLA visiting this weekend. Could also see Rashod Berry moving back to DE. He only moved to TE because they had so many DEs this year. Some buzz that Dre’mont Jones might not declare and come back to move to DE, but don’t think that will happen if he’s given 1st rd grade.

I wouldn’t mind a couple more Ohio kids personally.

As far as Emory Jones, he should go elsewhere if he wants to play anytime in the next 3 years.

Edited by YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Very unfortunate timing as he was an early enrollee. Have to get at least one of Micah Parsons, Tyreke Smith, Jason Oweh. Wide open depth chart next year behind Bosa, Young and Cooper should be very attractive. Could also see an Urban flip from one of the schools with a HC change like UF, FSU, A&M before the 22nd. 4 Star dE from UCLA visiting this weekend. Could also see Rashod Berry moving back to DE. He only moved to TE because they had so many DEs this year. Some buzz that Dre’mont Jones might not declare and come back to move to DE, but don’t think that will happen if he’s given 1st rd grade.

I wouldn’t mind a couple more Ohio kids personally.

As far as Emory Jones, he should go elsewhere if he wants to play anytime in the next 3 years.

Think that they get Smith and Oweh. I have a feeling that Jones may stay like Lewis did last year. 

I think that Jones may end up at Auburn. There isn’t a clear path at Bama either.

41 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Think that they get Smith and Oweh. I have a feeling that Jones may stay like Lewis did last year. 

I think that Jones may end up at Auburn. There isn’t a clear path at Bama either.

Schiano and Larry Johnson were at Oweh’s House last night. Would love to get Smith - Cleveland kid i have no idea why he’d choose Penn State. I actually am not sure how much the staff wants Parsons anymore. 

50 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Schiano and Larry Johnson were at Oweh’s House last night. Would love to get Smith - Cleveland kid i have no idea why he’d choose Penn State. I actually am not sure how much the staff wants Parsons anymore. 

Urban was at Jones’ house too. 

Parsons has to end up at Penn State. Oweh and Smith will join Babb as the remaining commitments.

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Urban was at Jones’ house too. 

Parsons has to end up at Penn State. Oweh and Smith will join Babb as the remaining commitments.

Hope you are right! I’m not worried... Urban never disappoints in the recruiting dept. Im sure Cox’s decision wasn’t a total surprise and he is prepared. Every time we have a kid decommit, a huge commit comes in a couple days later. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

23 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

I saw on Twitter last night that schools are negative recruiting against OSU based on a tweet from Larry Johnson's son indicating that "pops" may retire soon.   I wonder if that is having an impact, or if Cox just wanted to stay close to home and it's as simple as that.

Interesting... LJ is a great coach but if they are only committing for a position coach they need to reassess, as those guys move around too much with promotions, etc. 

just look at all that drama with mike weber. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

This may not belong here but I felt like sharing. I went to a HS game 2 years ago to see Destrehan and Hahnville. That’s where Ed Reed, the Landry brothers and a bunch of others went. At any rate there was this sophomore RB at Hahnville named Anthony “Pooka” Williams. He was the best HS athlete that I had ever seen (and it isn’t close). He looked like Reggie Bush in HS.

I’ve been casually following him since. He had some academic issues so signed at Kansas. LSU has been all over him to flip but he may not. Pooka has been timed at 4.27 and plays in the highest level of football in Louisiana. He had 1,730 yards and 23 TDs on only 158 carries in the regular season. He had another 915 yards and 10 TDs In 3 playoff games on 90 carries!! This guy is playing against some of the top talent in the country!!

Read the article and watch the highlights. He’s going to be an interesting guy to keep an eye on: http://www.nola.com/prepsports/index.ssf/2017/12/anthony_pooka_williams_making.html

https://youtu.be/UWtxmRnhwlE

Edited by Kirby Jackson

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.