Shaq Lawson and Jordan Matthews to IR

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Probably a one year rental headed back to Philly.

I dont see him going back to Philly, they were trying to replace him even before the trade.   Not sure what a guy who hasnt played a full season in two years and ended this year with 25 catches for 282 yards and one TD gets on the open market, but my guess is he may find it hard to crack a starting roster next year.

7 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Mae are probably better off moving Zay to the slot and letting Matthews walk. Unless of course he’s willing to sign here on the cheap

thats fair, im just assuming were trading up for a qb and I want to have a nice group of WRs here to make it an easy transition....

16 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Word on the street it is a vaginal injury, unsure how extensive, but apparently he will be out a while with the beating it has taken.  He also will not be on the team next year

sounds sexy!

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I dont see him going back to Philly, they were trying to replace him even before the trade.   Not sure what a guy who hasnt played a full season in two years and ended this year with 25 catches for 282 yards and one TD gets on the open market, but my guess is he may find it hard to crack a starting roster next year.

But he's had 800+ yards every season until he had Tyrod throwing to him, and even in those 3 prior seasons he didn't have great QB play to support those numbers. Every season he had 100+ targets, while this season he's had a whopping 36.... 

I'm sure there'd be plenty of interest, but I also doubt he'd go back to Philly. I think the Bills will take a shot a resigning him.

Maybe they can trade with the Pats for Eric Lee...lmao...

Epic scouting fail.

5 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Hope Reilly is active this week. Would suck to get our hopes up and then him be inactive 

Of Tyrod is the QB who cares...he doesn't throw to WRs anyway

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

But he's had 800+ yards every season until he had Tyrod throwing to him, and even in those 3 prior seasons he didn't have great QB play to support those numbers. Every season he had 100+ targets, while this season he's had a whopping 36.... 

I'm sure there'd be plenty of interest, but I also doubt he'd go back to Philly. I think the Bills will take a shot a resigning him.

He has good hands and has certainly contributed to his teams in the past.  I just think he is a low level number two more suited for the slot.  We have a younger version of Jordan Matthews named Zay Jones.   He is a great team first player, but I dont see his worth to the Bills specifically.   I think he ends up on a one year contract somewhere.  Dallas, KC, Seattle or Indi would be good fits. 

31 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Think the league knows what we know, you just cannot judge wide receivers based on their production in Buffalo . Woods, Hogan, Watkins even Goodwin..all better once they departed. Matthews will get paid somewhere.

The Buffalo Bills' trying season got even tougher Tuesday.

The team announced it placed both defensive end Shaq Lawson (ankle) and receiver Jordan Matthews (knee) on injured reserve.

Losing two key players for the rest of the season is just another blow for the Bills, who have dropped four of their last five games and are on the outside looking in on the AFC playoff picture.

0ap3000000877356.jpg

Lawson, who led the team in sacks with four, was injured in the second half Sunday against the Patriots and did not return. Defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier, via the team's website, called the injury "a loss for us for sure."

Matthews, meanwhile, tried to play through a knee injury the past few weeks, but concluded his season with just 25 catches as a Bill. He's slated to be a free agent this offseason.

From NFL.com