Shaq Lawson and Jordan Matthews to IR

YoloinOhio

27 minutes ago, vincec said:

They were drafted to play in a different scheme. Ragland is doing very well now that he’s in KC playing something similar to what he was drafted for. Lawson will probably be doing the same soon. It’s all part of the fun of changing coaches and schemes every two years.

Which again is why we need to give McDermott at least 5 years.

then judge.

1 hour ago, artmalibu said:

Funny Lawson still leads the team in sacks after missing 2 games.  

I guess no one fits the scheme...  This is getting old.  

Shaq is a good player.  He played well for the Bills this year.  But he is not providing enough pass rush for a guy they spent a 1st round pick on. The fact that he is our sack leader is a negative for the whole d-line.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Shaq is a good player.  He played well for the Bills this year.  But he is not providing enough pass rush for a guy they spent a 1st round pick on. The fact that he is our sack leader is a negative for the whole d-line.  

Yeah - I'd have to agree.  He's gotta do more.  At the same time, he was on the field contributing for most of the year.  Would like to see him take that next step.

2 hours ago, artmalibu said:

Funny Lawson still leads the team in sacks after missing 2 games.  

I guess no one fits the scheme...  This is getting old.  

We rarely blitz, and the front 4 isn't getting it done.  Not enough variety either, not a lot of stunts.

30 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Yeah - I'd have to agree.  He's gotta do more.  At the same time, he was on the field contributing for most of the year.  Would like to see him take that next step.

We rarely blitz, and the front 4 isn't getting it done.  Not enough variety either, not a lot of stunts.

When you don't have elite EDGE rushers (and we don't), you absolutely have to have some interior push.  Without Dareus, and with Kyle being long in the tooth, they have very little.

16 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

When you don't have elite EDGE rushers (and we don't), you absolutely have to have some interior push.  Without Dareus, and with Kyle being long in the tooth, they have very little.

I think that the front 7 gets a major makeover this offseason. They aren’t good against the run and generate zero pass rush. The secondary has been really good when you consider how hard it’s been for them. I expect 4-5 new starters in the front 7. I think that Milano, Hughes and maybe Shaq will be the only returning starters.

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that the front 7 gets a major makeover this offseason. They aren’t good against the run and generate zero pass rush. The secondary has been really good when you consider how hard it’s been for them. I expect 4-5 new starters in the front 7. I think that Milano, Hughes and maybe Shaq will be the only returning starters.

Need some talent in at DT, and I'd like more of an edge presence for 3rd downs than yarbrough and davis.  Most of the LBs are UFAs, and I think we need more speed at MIKE and SAM.  Lorax is a nice depth piece but he shouldn't be starting at OLB in the NFL at this point.

22 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I expect a similar makeover.  I think Hughes will get the door either via trade or outright release; too little production for the money, and when you mix in his undisciplined penalties, to me he flies in the face of everything that this regime has attempted to build.

I think you'll see Shaq/Milano/Alexander come back, and I expect that they'll re-sign Humber if he continues to be inexpensive.

Beyond that, you're looking at 3 new starters on the DL and at least one new starting LB (assuming Humber comes back as a backup).

3 minutes ago, dneveu said:

That and him complaining about targets, and heading towards unrestricted free agency.

Also of the team's own doing--and it ended up hurting them.  He could've potentially fetched a greater return if he had more than 1 year left on his contract.

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Also of the team's own doing--and it ended up hurting them.  He could've potentially fetched a greater return if he had more than 1 year left on his contract.

He may have also fetched NO return if he had a fat contract number.

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I expect a similar makeover.  I think Hughes will get the door either via trade or outright release; too little production for the money, and when you mix in his undisciplined penalties, to me he flies in the face of everything that this regime has attempted to build.

I think you'll see Shaq/Milano/Alexander come back, and I expect that they'll re-sign Humber if he continues to be inexpensive.

Beyond that, you're looking at 3 new starters on the DL and at least one new starting LB (assuming Humber comes back as a backup).

Yeah - however theres a catch-22 that if he wasn't healthy... we would've had no offers.  and that 5th year option is guaranteed for injury.

I'm convinced our team doctors are terrible.

Edited by dneveu
  • Like (+1) 1