Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • SDS

      Problems logging in?   11/05/2017

      I know a few people are getting logged out too quickly. I don't have the answer to that yet.   However, one change that occurred is that there is no longer a log in name and a separate display name. The upgrade discarded the log in name and now uses the display name. So, to log in:   Username: <display name> Password: <your password>   If you need to contact me to find out what your display name is use: Contact Us  and we can get things sorted out.
Sign in to follow this  
Steptide

Who do you want to start this week, Peterman or Taylor?

Recommended Posts

This is the perfect game for Peterman to start.  After the Chargers game he can't possibly play worse, the teams expectations are down and we are facing a weak defense and secondary.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

This is the perfect game for Peterman to start.  After the Chargers game he can't possibly play worse, the teams expectations are down and we are facing a weak defense and secondary.  

While I agree ....  never discount the Bills to do a Billsy thing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so if tyrod starts?...we maybe beat the colts   13-10?  do i want to watch that?   no...... i want to watch some entertaining football with this team showing an actual offense. please start peterman!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peterman. Tyrod last 3 starts he had led the offence to 22 points combined.... I don’t care what Taylor can do to a weak Colts team, it’s what he can’t do against good teams is the problem. I don’t want to go to the playoffs and get embarrassed. Ready to move on from this crap, rather watch Peterman struggle then Tyrod 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Peterman. Tyrod last 3 starts he had led the offence to 22 points combined.... I don’t care what Taylor can do to a weak Colts team, it’s what he can’t do against good teams is the problem. I don’t want to go to the playoffs and get embarrassed. Ready to move on from this crap, rather watch Peterman struggle then Tyrod 

i don't think you have to worry about the playoffs.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you want to win, you start tyrod, unfortunately.

 

though my leash would be short with him. give me atleast 50 yds in the first QTR, or peterman goes in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

if you want to win, you start tyrod, unfortunately.

 

though my leash would be short with him. give me atleast 50 yds in the first QTR, or peterman goes in. 

but you know they won't have the mcballs to do that. there may be 10... 3 and outs...maybe a long fg, the defense will get gassed and who knows. given that it's indy, it could be a long boring grind out of 13-10.  start peterman and you can always put tyrod if if it goes wrong. however, i think nate lights it up. they have got to play this kid at some time. we are not going to catch baltimore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can honestly say, for the first time in 27 years... I don't care. It does not matter either way who they start. Even if Peterman is good, so what? One 5 INT outing and 1 or 2 above average games doesn't even mean anything for him or the franchise moving forward. Every free agent and every draft eligable QB needs to make a stop at OBD in the offseason.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at the Chargers game. I bought those tickets before the season started, and while I got them at cost, they weren't cheap. I may never forgive Peterman for that debacle.

 

As for the people who are saying that "there is zero chance that Taylor will be a Bill next season," I have to ask: Why?

 

If we draft a QB in the first round (which I would think likely), do we just throw them in the starting lineup, ready or not? Or, do we bother to develop them? I would hope the latter. Do people not see the value of having a veteran QB on the roster while developing a first year QB, regardless of whether they are starting? It seems to me that Taylor would fit that role perfectly, and he's better than any other free agent vet likely to be available, and a helluva lot better than Peterman. 

11 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

Peterman.  zero reason to start Taylor 

Unless you're interested in winning the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I was at the Chargers game. I bought those tickets before the season started, and while I got them at cost, they weren't cheap. I may never forgive Peterman for that debacle.

 

As for the people who are saying that "there is zero chance that Taylor will be a Bill next season," I have to ask: Why?

 

If we draft a QB in the first round (which I would think likely), do we just throw them in the starting lineup, ready or not? Or, do we bother to develop them? I would hope the latter. Do people not see the value of having a veteran QB on the roster while developing a first year QB, regardless of whether they are starting? It seems to me that Taylor would fit that role perfectly, and he's better than any other free agent vet likely to be available, and a helluva lot better than Peterman. 

Unless you're interested in winning the game.

I am interested in winning games that is why I would not play Taylor.  as for next year if you need a journeyman pick another guy.   Taylor is plain awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

I am interested in winning games that is why I would not play Taylor.  as for next year if you need a journeyman pick another guy.   Taylor is plain awful.

Then re-watch the Chargers game. It wasn't just the interceptions that were the problem. The whole team played better with Tyrod under center. Taylor was the better quarterback and it wasn't close. And if you think there is a better journeyman out there, let's hear a name. But even if you can come up with somebody, it won't be someone who knows the system, and the coaches. Taylor does, and he has the respect of the team.

 

The Tyrod Hate on this site is often unhinged, I swear...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I was at the Chargers game. I bought those tickets before the season started, and while I got them at cost, they weren't cheap. I may never forgive Peterman for that debacle.

 

As for the people who are saying that "there is zero chance that Taylor will be a Bill next season," I have to ask: Why?

 

If we draft a QB in the first round (which I would think likely), do we just throw them in the starting lineup, ready or not? Or, do we bother to develop them? I would hope the latter. Do people not see the value of having a veteran QB on the roster while developing a first year QB, regardless of whether they are starting? It seems to me that Taylor would fit that role perfectly, and he's better than any other free agent vet likely to be available, and a helluva lot better than Peterman. 

Unless you're interested in winning the game.

We are trying to establish a West Coast Offense and a big part of player development is structure.  I think we would rather sign a worse QB who does the things a WCO QB needs to do (works through progressions and hit slants and outs consistently) because it will hamper the development of new receivers, the running game and offensive line to have a QB who thrives off chaos rather than structure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×