Who do you want to start this week, Peterman or Taylor?

Steptide

This is a better matchup for Peterman right now then against the vaunted pass rush that the Chargers have. This was the game I thought the Bills brass were gonna make the change anyways. Why we put Peterman in the firing lines against Bosa and company still has me scratching my head. Tyrod is on his way out and even when he's in its been tough to watch him throw for under 100 yds. 

This is a better game to really see if Peterman can bounce back and get a good evaluation of what he actually is. Some QB's come out of college ready to go others need a little time to develop. He's shown timing and the ability to throw receivers open and even some good ball placement. Nobody would play well getting their head almost knocked off every play. 

Edited by buffalobloodfloridahome
bad wording
  • Like (+1) 1

I say give Kyle Williams a shot. He wont get that gassed playing both sides if they put him in the shotgun. Imagine him on a qb draw? It would be like that dude in the replacements when everyone jumped on his back and he carried them over the goalline. Sorry. Just cant take this thread seriously. Taylor and Peterman both suck. Our next qb is in the draft.

Maybe that 39th ranking mentioned was referring to yards/game rather than total yards.

According to the stat list that clayboy54 posted, Taylor is 41st in yards per game. Granted 18 of the QBs ahead of him do not have as many attempts,

but I guess that can cut both ways.

I have been a Tyrod supporter. I think he's a good person, he works his butt off, he's a good leader, he wants to win for Buffalo...

but at this point I too am ready to move on.

I'd like to see Peterman start the rest of the way. I think I'd rather see more turnovers if it means actually having a passing game. I mean in 8 of 12 games Taylor has  failed to eclipse 200 yards passing and twice had less than 100 yards passing (granted he got injured in New England, but even if he stayed in, he wasn't going to have much more than 100 yards). You don't need your QB to throw for 300/game...but asking for at least 200 yards to keep the offense balanced, shouldn't be asking too much.

Edited by folz

Peterman. Tyrod last 3 starts he had led the offence to 22 points combined.... I don’t care what Taylor can do to a weak Colts team, it’s what he can’t do against good teams is the problem. I don’t want to go to the playoffs and get embarrassed. Ready to move on from this crap, rather watch Peterman struggle then Tyrod 

2 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Peterman. Tyrod last 3 starts he had led the offence to 22 points combined.... I don’t care what Taylor can do to a weak Colts team, it’s what he can’t do against good teams is the problem. I don’t want to go to the playoffs and get embarrassed. Ready to move on from this crap, rather watch Peterman struggle then Tyrod 

i don't think you have to worry about the playoffs.....

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

if you want to win, you start tyrod, unfortunately.

though my leash would be short with him. give me atleast 50 yds in the first QTR, or peterman goes in. 

but you know they won't have the mcballs to do that. there may be 10... 3 and outs...maybe a long fg, the defense will get gassed and who knows. given that it's indy, it could be a long boring grind out of 13-10.  start peterman and you can always put tyrod if if it goes wrong. however, i think nate lights it up. they have got to play this kid at some time. we are not going to catch baltimore.

I can honestly say, for the first time in 27 years... I don't care. It does not matter either way who they start. Even if Peterman is good, so what? One 5 INT outing and 1 or 2 above average games doesn't even mean anything for him or the franchise moving forward. Every free agent and every draft eligable QB needs to make a stop at OBD in the offseason.

• Like (+1) 1

I was at the Chargers game. I bought those tickets before the season started, and while I got them at cost, they weren't cheap. I may never forgive Peterman for that debacle.

As for the people who are saying that "there is zero chance that Taylor will be a Bill next season," I have to ask: Why?

If we draft a QB in the first round (which I would think likely), do we just throw them in the starting lineup, ready or not? Or, do we bother to develop them? I would hope the latter. Do people not see the value of having a veteran QB on the roster while developing a first year QB, regardless of whether they are starting? It seems to me that Taylor would fit that role perfectly, and he's better than any other free agent vet likely to be available, and a helluva lot better than Peterman. 

11 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

Peterman.  zero reason to start Taylor 

Unless you're interested in winning the game.

3 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I was at the Chargers game. I bought those tickets before the season started, and while I got them at cost, they weren't cheap. I may never forgive Peterman for that debacle.

As for the people who are saying that "there is zero chance that Taylor will be a Bill next season," I have to ask: Why?

If we draft a QB in the first round (which I would think likely), do we just throw them in the starting lineup, ready or not? Or, do we bother to develop them? I would hope the latter. Do people not see the value of having a veteran QB on the roster while developing a first year QB, regardless of whether they are starting? It seems to me that Taylor would fit that role perfectly, and he's better than any other free agent vet likely to be available, and a helluva lot better than Peterman. 

I am interested in winning games that is why I would not play Taylor.  as for next year if you need a journeyman pick another guy.   Taylor is plain awful.

2 hours ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

I am interested in winning games that is why I would not play Taylor.  as for next year if you need a journeyman pick another guy.   Taylor is plain awful.

Then re-watch the Chargers game. It wasn't just the interceptions that were the problem. The whole team played better with Tyrod under center. Taylor was the better quarterback and it wasn't close. And if you think there is a better journeyman out there, let's hear a name. But even if you can come up with somebody, it won't be someone who knows the system, and the coaches. Taylor does, and he has the respect of the team.

The Tyrod Hate on this site is often unhinged, I swear...

3 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

We are trying to establish a West Coast Offense and a big part of player development is structure.  I think we would rather sign a worse QB who does the things a WCO QB needs to do (works through progressions and hit slants and outs consistently) because it will hamper the development of new receivers, the running game and offensive line to have a QB who thrives off chaos rather than structure.