Who do you want to start this week, Peterman or Taylor?

Steptide

20 minutes ago, Steptide said:

You cannot say Peterman is terrible when we've hardly seen him. Yes he was terrible in the Chargers game. But he threw for almost the same amount of yards on Sunday as Taylor. And did it in less than a quarter 

I've seen enough. 

Just now, Southtown Tommy said:

Taylor has shown us that he is below average.  There is nothing much he has done this year that I would consider average. 

We don't know what Peterman is or will become - only way to know is to play.  He shows that he is not afraid to throw the ball in tight spaces and he throws with anticipation, both things that Taylor won't or cannot do. 

Taylor is actually above average when looking at the starters in the NFL.  But, carry on

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I've seen enough. 

Taylor is actually above average when looking at the starters in the NFL.  But, carry on

40 yards passing in ONE HALF is not above average. Freaking Deshone Kizer had more than that. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't really care right now.

I'm rooting for 10-6 and playoffs, but that's pretty unrealistic watching this team.

9-7 is realistic, I think, but a bit of a longshot given that we'd need either the Ravens or Titans to lose 3 of their next 4.

So that leaves me with what I want... playoffs.  Or what I think will realistically happen but will probably be better in terms of draft position.

I guess I don't care either way.

I don't think Peterman is good, but I don't think he's as bad as he was against the Chargers.

If Taylor's healthy, he gives us the best chance to win, but he doesn't look healthy.  And as much as some might just absolutely deny this, I think once Taylor got injured on that 2nd or 3rd offensive play the injury really affected his game.  That interception he threw was on a play he had plenty of room to move, but didn't.  I think he was hurting and trying to limit his movement.

So... I guess....

Peterman 

...?

Taylor

...?

whoever.  Just win the next 4 somehow :flirt:

Colts starting CB's are both out or banged up, they have a limited pass rush and a bad defense overall. If McD could ever pick a game that would allow Peterman to feel his way through and get some seasoning this would be it.

Tyrod is tough, he will limp out there if they let him. I'd prefer they go back to Peterman but since they made the mistake against the Chargers I understand why they can't do it.

i want to see this kid play a full game. i think we have just as much ..and probably a better chance at winning a few games down the stretch than tyrod. there is no way tyrod can run the table and 9-7 ain't gonna cut it.  going against any team capable of scoring 20 or more points means we lose...period. i want to see what this kid can do. if the receivers can catch what hits them and he is allowed to audible, i just think it would provide a more entertaining game. i'm sick of watching the same crap week in and week out. i feel sorry for our defensive players.

2 hours ago, Rubes said:

Trying to generate any measure of enthusiasm for either...

I'm not sure you will generate "enthusiasm" for either :).  I'd be fine with Peterman despite his last start (starting v. Bosa and Ingram and an underrated secondary is not easy); and I'm fine with TT also.  The fact we have 2 QB's who could start hopefully makes it harder for the Colts to prep.  

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

Just direct snap it to Shady and Cadet all day.

Joe Webb wildcat plays.  Need to do more of those also.  

23 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't really care right now.

I'm rooting for 10-6 and playoffs, but that's pretty unrealistic watching this team.

9-7 is realistic, I think, but a bit of a longshot given that we'd need either the Ravens or Titans to lose 3 of their next 4.

someone is going to lose a game or two that we just don't see right now, could be us this Sunday!

But I still think they have a chance, last Sunday did nothing to change that. I am fine with either as well, but if Taylor is not 100%, gotta go with Peterman I think.

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

I'm gonna say Peterman. I think at this point the writing is on the wall for Taylor. I know Peterman's last start was a train wreck to say the least, but I wanna see him play a full game. 

Having said that, I do wanna see this team make the playoffs. If the coaching staff starts Taylor this week, I'm ok with that too if it helps us get to 9-7

Preach!

Dont think it matters, both qbs are average at best, winning just harms the team anyways.

the pats took care of one of the bills few talented players, its a hot mess 

and depressing how far away from the playoffs the bills really are.

Edited by Albwan

My real question is does it matter? I mean in the sense of what Taylor or Peterman can do for this season.

At least that's how I feel. You start Peterman if you think he still has a shot at the NFL. You do this knowing it will most likely look ugly but maybe the light turns on and he flashes a bunch.

You start Taylor just to not look as bad as it looked the last time you put Peterman in. You put Taylor in because he's your safety net. 

We are not making the playoffs. You have to see what pieces matter to you moving into next year. I don't know who I would start. 

I'd start Peterman just for entertainment value and you won't get many chances to see him in a live game and that could be valuable if you still think he has a shot.

Edited by Lfod

15 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

someone is going to lose a game or two that we just don't see right now, could be us this Sunday!

But I still think they have a chance, last Sunday did nothing to change that. I am fine with either as well, but if Taylor is not 100%, gotta go with Peterman I think.

Not a chance in hell Taylor is 100%.

If the injury is what it they've reported it as, I think it needs at least 5-7 days of rest to heal, which would mean he'd need to sit out from practice.

So, to me, if Taylor is practicing tomorrow and/or Thursday, Taylor is pretty much just telling the medical staff there's no way in hell he's sitting on the bench.  And this is why McDermott's comments that "Taylor is our starter when healthy" is a little confusing, to me.  This was a window for him to start Peterman against the Colts for sure with absolutely no public/media/team backlash.

Who knows, we'll see.